Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyward Sword Non Spoiler Thread!

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I want to read the actual thread, but I haven't completed Skyward Sword and won't be able to just up and choose to because I don't own it -.-

So, spoiler free thread!

Well, not really spoiler free. More like, USEYOURDAMNSPOILERTAGSORELSE. Not that I can actually enforce that or anything, but do please use your spoiler tags.

But, I really like this installment in the Zelda franchise. I love its art style, its new sword mechanics and the way that they've revamped enemies and combat to suit it, and I love the new gameplay elements.

Flying is an outright blast. It took me a bit to get used to. At first I couldn't get my bird to STOP HOVERING. But then I picked it up and the system feels wonderful.

Don't want to say much without tags, but the story has been really great so far.

[The point where I saved was right outside the second temple, the one at Eldin Volcano]

I also love the tie-ins with the rest of the franchise, like how the main theme is Zelda's Lullaby backwards. Clever and epic.

More on the story-

I love how they showed that Link's symbolic outfit is actually the uniform of the Skyloft knights.

Also, Fi has to be my favorite compainion yet. Her AI-like personality is absolutely charming, sometimes even funny.

I thought the first temple was a bit... Short. Actually, really short. Kinda worries me :|

Breaking the chandalier in the pumpkin soup "refreshment distribution hub" place was hilarious. I love it how you can choose to never go back to work off the cost of the chandalier. I went back anyway, though.

I also think that it's really cool how Skyloft bears very strong resemblance to earlier depictions of the sacred realm. Makes me wonder what the actual sacred realm is, though.

Also, does this mean that the City in the Sky from TP is in Skyloft?

I love how advanced the people of Skyloft seem to be.

Their religion's focus on a single goddess is interesting. I wonder how this is going to tie in to the later worship of three goddesses instead of one.

The 25 Anniversary disc that comes with the game is fantastic, by the way.

Oh and just to clarify, I played Skyward Sword at a friend's house.

Posted

I wish the controls had gotten a little bit more fine tuning. I can't be the only one where the remote would always desync or w/e with the console.