Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, here feel free to let loose any and all thoughts and opinions you have on DC, from the New 52 to the old animated series. Struggling movie productions (Everything but batman, though supes is looking good) to favorite characters.

Posted

Is that seriously what DC has stood for this whole time

_17chan likes this

Posted

Is that seriously what DC has stood for this whole time

Yup. I always thought it was funny that it became common to say DC comics, but yeah.

Posted

Though I prefer Marvel I do read some DC, Smallville Season 11, Batman Beyond, Dial H and Before Watchmen.

I also enjoy their animated stuff, Young Justice, Batman Beyond, JLA and JLU as well as Smallville seasons 1-10 grace my DVD shelf.

Posted

I wish they would just say "Detective Comics" instead of DC.

Sounds waaaay better.

Posted

Though I prefer Marvel I do read some DC, Smallville Season 11, Batman Beyond, Dial H and Before Watchmen.

I also enjoy their animated stuff, Young Justice, Batman Beyond, JLA and JLU as well as Smallville seasons 1-10 grace my DVD shelf.

Man I love Batman beyond unlimited. I highly recommend Earth 2. Best book in the company right now, I think.

Posted

52237__safe_pinkie-pie_applejack_human_batman_robin.jpg

Posted

Do you suppose thats tim? Thats a very tim haircut

Posted

Batman: The Animated Series was wonderful, as was Batman Beyond. That's honestly about the extent of my knowledge, I'm afraid.

Posted

So I saw TDKR.

It was...

pretty puppying sweet.

DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA

Posted

I'd recommend some of the dc animated movies. Both of the green lantern ones batman under the red hood and justice league new frontier are all excellent. Some other great ones too. Now's a pretty great time to get into the comic's now too. The highest number for any book right now is #12. And most of the trades for the first 6 or 7 issues of every comic there are out by now

Posted

Huh. I don't know why I made comics possessive. Grammer mistakes everywhere. Oh well. Right I forgot about superman shazam. That one is good too. I also really liked Crisis on Two Earths

Posted

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ra's_al_Ghul

I looked up Ra's al Ghul in wikipedia after seeing the three movies last night, and apparently he's listed as the seventh greatest comic book villain of all time (by IGN).

I had never heard of him before the movies and I don't even know anything about him aside from what I saw in the movies.

Posted

Ra's kicks ass. Their is a pretty cheap trade out called Tales of the demon. It has most of the original denny o'neil ra's stories.

Oh there is also one called Bane of the Demon printed for the movie, It has Bane's origin and a story that's a Bane Ra's team up