Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm getting a Nexus 7 at some point in the next month, and seeing how there are several ways to read comics on those, I probably will.

I totally forgot about Under the Red Hood. I watched that with my sister, and we both thought it was good.

Posted

Liam Neeson was born to play him.

He was excellent. I have a weakness for David Warner's Ra's. He was also like wvery animated villain in the 90's and a bunch of live action villains in the 80's

Posted

I didn't like the Dark Knight Rises 3. I just couldn't get into it. Plus all the time skips put me off. And like--

how did Bruce get back into Gotham after escaping the pit, or even get back to America.

So, I recognize it as a good film and i wont argue that, but i didn't care for it. Maybe due to all the hype. Thats what happened with Inception and I thought that movie was just okay.

Posted

Said the motherpuppyer who thought inception was awful

You better not come to natsucon

That will end poorly for you

Posted

Motherpuppyer Its on

Posted

The main reason I love inception so much is the way he executed the premise. The whole thing about inception was that it was all about dreams and how they work. But why I loved inception so much more than other movies that were also about dreams was because inception was so logical about it. Every time you see a dream sequence in a story the whole thing is about how confusing and lucid and fantastic/phantasmagoric the situation is. And if anyone is going to actually go into a dream, it's the same, and is usually a reflection on how twisted or insane the person who's head they're inside is.

Inception was practically the opposite of that. Inception took all those things we just accept about dreams and built itself out of that. Time passes longer in a dream than we think, so when we put a dream within a dream, it passes longer exponentially. Stuff like that. And then they added things into it like the fight scenes did crazy shit with the gravity bending around them, and using paradoxical architectural drawings and things. I just enjoyed how they thought out all the little details like that, and so I forgive them for the minor slips that make fatal flaws people point out. I dunno, maybe inception is way more boring the second time through, i just remember being really inspired by the way they handled it.

whonWoffThino likes this

Posted

FINE.

Posted

I didn't like the Dark Knight Rises 3. I just couldn't get into it. Plus all the time skips put me off. And like--

how did Bruce get back into Gotham after escaping the pit, or even get back to America.

So, I recognize it as a good film and i wont argue that, but i didn't care for it. Maybe due to all the hype. Thats what happened with Inception and I thought that movie was just okay.

With money?

Posted

I just didn't like it, LL. There are plenty of great movies that I don't like. Like Titanic.

With money?

but he had no money. He couldn't even pay his electric bill. Also, Gotham was on lock down. My friends said he may have gone over the ice but they really never said how he got in and that bothered me

Posted

I just assumed that he got inside by being Batman.

Posted

I suppose that makes sense. I guess thats just another instance of the movie feeling rushed. You havta assume what happened.

Posted

It was already 2 hours and 40 minutes long. If they made it much longer, people would have started complaining. They made a trade-off: more reasonable length at the expense of some (probably) uninteresting on-screen action, like the passing of time or the return to Gotham.

Posted

lol the time skips in when Bane was in power weren't announced very well imo.

"There is a bomb! Oh it's five months later the bomb is gonna explode in 3 months. we have 12 mins left before it explodes!"

Posted

I have to agree, while they were necessary, they were really hard to follow. It certainly could've been handled better.

Posted

See it never bothered me. I guess thats just one of those things. Two people go into the same movie and see different things.