Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

So I know I'm not a big comics guy, but I still know who captain marvel is and the weird situation he's in. And somebody posted this on tumblr, and I gotta say I'd actually read all of whatever this was from just to experience this moment in context:

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o7_500.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o4_1280.jpg

That moment. Those last two panels with superman. My jaw dropped at that moment. Holy shit. Superman is going to commit a homicide. Superman is going to actually murder someone. Someone is going to die at the hands of superman. Holy gosh.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_7_Textless.jpg

is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than

captain-marvel.jpgjux saying lol

Posted

Yeah DC's Captain Marvel is kinda more interesting than Marvel's Captain Marvel. I was just being difficult :>

Posted

Lol. Oh okay

Posted

Captain Marvel, And Black Adam are possibly my favorite comic book characters.

So I know I'm not a big comics guy, but I still know who captain marvel is and the weird situation he's in. And somebody posted this on tumblr, and I gotta say I'd actually read all of whatever this was from just to experience this moment in context:

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o7_500.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqqfhcqDJ91s0idh1o4_1280.jpg

That moment. Those last two panels with superman. My jaw dropped at that moment. Holy shit. Superman is going to commit a homicide. Superman is going to actually murder someone. Someone is going to die at the hands of superman. Holy gosh.

This is from Superman/Shazam, First thunder. Its very good, one of the best comics Judd Winnick has written.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114842/3184037-1323895-crisis6p2.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104108/1967373-world_war_iii_part_four_pg__11.jpg

Black Adam is straight up brutal btw, why he is one of my favorites. There is a dc storyline called WW3, which is Black Adam declaring war on everything that lives because he is so pissed off. He goes to this country Bialya and puppying slaughters everyone there.

Adam is actually usually more of an Anti Villain, but on this occasion all of the happiness he had got snatched away from him. So blood death destruction. All of that fun stuff

Posted

Necro, why'd you have to remind me of the death of the Psycho Pirate, one of the best villains in DC history and definitely not just a personal favorite at all ;_;

Posted (edited)

Here is a rumor: http://batman-news.com/2014/02/06/first-details-about-lex-luthor-and-bruce-wayne-in-batman-vs-superman/

Here is me just saying things about the Man of Steel sequel: 

I hope that rebuilding Metropolis is a priority in the Man of Steel sequel. It would put the destruction of Metropolis in the first movie in a more believable light. (My problem with the destruction in Man of Steel isn't even the destruction, really. It's just that there's no time or respect paid to the destruction. A simple ten-second remorse scene would be okay.) So I would like to see Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor rebuilding Metropolis. 

I would also like to see the aftermath of an alien invasion. I would like to see the Kryptonians' bodies being studied and dissected and their technology being studied and exploited. I imagine that Luthor would be interested in salvaging any bodies or technology left by the Kyrptonians.  It would show Luthor's ruthlessness if he was callously inspecting a dead person, trying to understand their power. I think, in my little fantasy that I am typing out, that Bruce Wayne would be (seemingly) unaware of Luthor's actions. This also can introduce Kryptonite,maybe? Zak Snyder was recently scouting the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Musuem in Michigan, where the filming will take place. So maybe Luthor discovered that a certain element on Earth emits the same radiation as the Kryptonian ship (i dont puppyin know lol) and it's being exhibited in this museum. Maybe Batman checks it out when there's a staged burglary of the museum? He gradually discovers that Luthor is after the mysterious element? The next part is in spoilers because it's a massive tangent on this already big tangent:

Maybe the Kryptonite is in an Amazonian relic? Maybe Diana Prince has her eye on it? or maybe she can shed some light onto it? Maybe the present-day Amazons were the descendents of the Kryptonians who landed on Earth thousands of years ago? I mean they can already reproduce without men, right? Because of the genetic codex? Maybe the Amazons gradually evolved into an all-women race? I don't know, man. This is a tangent. Maybe the Amazons are now immune to Kryptonite, and they value it now? Maybe their powers are watered-down after being on Earth for thousands of years? Maybe the "magic" that they use is just handed-down Kryptonian technology???

So I've talked about the destruction/rebuilding of Metropolis and how it lacked "heart". I've also talked about the impact of the alien invasion in regards to technology and possibly Kryptonite. So, combing these two could work well, I think. Here is another fantasy of mine: I think a character should be introduced who we an empathize with. His entire life was destroyed when Metropolis was destroyed. He's a sympathetic character. I think that Lex Luthor could be using Kryptonian technology to help this character in order to make himself look good. Luthor might even be reach out to Superman and view the Kryptonian invasion as having a silver lining. Maybe Superman will play along and make some public appearances with Luthor? So Superman could meet Luthor and Wayne for publicity and have a tenuous relationship with them. Maybe Luthor gradually uses Kryptonite to fuel an experimental life support system for the sympathetic character who is struggling to stay alive. Maybe Superman attempts to meet with this man who Luthor is attempting to save for publicity? The man on life support can't speak and can barely move, but he is inwardly hating Superman for everything that he's done? I don't know. But oh nooo, Superman is feeling off because of like, Kryptonite, I guess? and he excuses himself from the scene. Luthor begins to study the Kryptonite?? Maybe Luthor and Wayne, while thinking of how to rebuild Metropolis, have a disagreement about ethics? Maybe they disagree about what is ethical to study in regards to the Kryptonian technology? Maybe Wayne discovers that Luthor has hired John Henry Irons to exploit the Kryptonian suits, ship and technology for military use? Maybe the sympathetic man discovers that he was simply a publicity stunt for Luthor and an experiment for the new Kryptonian technology? Maybe Lois Lane discovers that the sympathetic character is being used and tries to report on it? I don't know. Maybe the Kryptonite that is fueling the sympathetic character makes him unstable, yet powerful? Maybe he threatens to kill Luthor unless he can help him. Luthor, instead of killing the sympathetic character, sees his strength and his potential? Maybe Luthor uses his and Wayne's research to give the sympathetic character a new body? Maybe Wayne calls it unethical and backs out of their partnership? Maybe Luthor is again using the sympathetic character as a means to test out what a reinforced human body can do when fueled by a stronger dose of Kryptonite? Maybe Lex Luthor is envious of Superman's strength and wants to test out this dangerous technology? Maybe John Henry Irons quits also after he sees what Luthor has done to the man. Oh, also the sympathetic guy is the villain and is Metallo.

Metallo-animated.jpg

This is a massive tangent. Basically, I think that making Metallo the villain would be a good choice. He would be a challenge for both Batman and Superman. He is also a good representation of the technological consequences of an alien invasion. He also can be a sympathetic character, as I mentioned like ten times. He can be the "heart" of Metropolis that the first movie lacked. (There were no consequences for Superman and Zod destroying a lot of the city.) Also, this can introduce Kyrptonite. Idk. This is a massive tangent lol. I hope it makes some kind of sense. It sets in motion Luthor's quest to be better than Superman. It also established John Irons. Also, it could establish Cyborg down the road. 

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)

Posted

John Henry Irons already had an amazing movie, lets not soil that please.

ironmans1a.jpg

DR SHRUBBERY! and Agent Zako like this

Posted

hahaha. ahhahahahahahaha. No but some of your ideas are interesting. Metallo isn't a bad idea.

Posted (edited)

BenAffleckBatmanBatmobile.jpg

Photoshopped version below. It's a warmish gray with maybe the slightest blue added to the black? I am actually okay with this, if it turns out to be like this. Probably not, though.  

original.jpg

Below is a lightened version. It appears that the suit is really dark gray, just lighter than the black of his gloves/gauntlets/cape. I think it may be too gray. 

FFQY1Lo.jpg

I like it. I originally thought the emblem looked like it could be easily peeled off, or that the suit looked too rubbery. But now, it doesn't seem to look like that to me. 

Edited by Iargely Iegendry (see edit history)

Posted

I like the grey. shame we'll never get a blue

Posted

I think it'd look weird next to the overly dark blue Superman suit.

Posted

I made a deal with LL in that if I watched All of Young Justice then he'd watch the berserk anime. So I watched all of season 1, not sure if season 2 was part of the deal but I figured I'd just mention the fact that I watched it here. Also I'm going to talk about it below, but I'm not going to spoil it because I don't think anybody here is really worried about having season one spoiled for them.

It was half good and half bad. I mean there were some dumb things that turned out to be great and great things that turned out to be dumb. I hated Megan (sp?) as soon as she appeared and wanted to strangle her every time she said "hello megan!" but then she had that fantastic episode later on where it turned out she actually just was trying to be exactly like this ridiculous 90's sitcom star and ended up doing manipulative shit like getting her boyfriend to name himself "connor" like the sitcom star's boyfriend's name, and also modelling herself to look just like her, and so on. And also turning out she was a white martian. It was a really probably my favorite episode, right up there with the episode where everyone straight up dies, and then it turns out it was all just a training exercise they forgot wasn't real, and the whole next episode was just them dealing with that kind of weight. That was crazy. I've never seen a super hero thing do that before, and I've always wanted to see it happen, and I loved it. I mean, sure the whole retconning-everything-at-the-last-second thing has been done to death and then some, but the aftermath of that was great.

The twist with Roy turning out to be a clone the whole time was stupid. It could have been great, but it was stupid. They introduced it like he was suddenly this bad guy who needed to be hunt down, but the guys telling him where currently bad guys who were being manipulated into manipulating the young justice league. They could have just been lying about it to get them to go kill roy, and roy could have seriously been roy the whole time but then it turned out that was actually the truth and roy was a clone. It's a dumb twist.

Superboy I started with being annoyed by and ended up being just infinitely hateful of. Oh fucking boy you're such a bad ass, look at you with your shirt constantly being ripped off and you can't control your anger because you're troubled inside, plus you have a pet dire wolf that will defend you to the death and a sentient flying alien robot motorcycle that will also defend you to the death and carry your dog with you while you fly around shooting aliens, oh man you struggle with addiction to superpowers oh boy you're so dangerous. What a shallow character.

I don't really have much more to say I guess because I didn't come in here expecting to write a full review or anything, but if anybody else has seen young justice I guess we could talk about that here? I heard beast boy shows up in season 2, which is awesome because he was totally my favorite superhero so I might actually watch all of season 2 just to see that episode with him in it.

Posted

Season two is a lot different from season one. It moves at a quicker pace, and has overarching stories instead of the the contained episodes of season one. Season two had lots of momentum to catch up to and it's kind of tiring. But in the end I liked it a lot.