Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

It also apparently has beast boy and that's as good a reason to watch as any for me

Posted

Oh cool. I kinda just browsed Young Justice, saw episodes here or there. I did think season 2's cast was really cool. Blue beetle and Bart allen especially

Posted

Just finished season 2 of young justice. It was a rocky start from the weird five year jump between seasons 1 and 2, but it all ended up being much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Calder and Meghan both turned out to be really fascinating characters and superboy was a lot more bearable now. Also, beastboy was in it so that was great. If Calder or Meghan or Beast boy had their own comics I would probably read them.

Except apparently ever since DC rebooted it's continuity, beastboy looks like this?

CTaBCZT.jpg

aka dumb

Posted

most of the new 52 redesigns are dumb

remember Raven?

EDIT- it wont let me post a good pic, so jux google "Raven New 52"

Posted

yup I agree that's dumb

Posted

Season 2 of Young Justice really was a pleasant surprise. Too bad it got canned before they could use any of the Darkseid material they had planned.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I feel like season 2 had a lot of stressful back-and-forth moments. Like the Reach drink never came to anything in the end. Also the Green Beetle part was stressful. The season as a whole was really turbulent and stressful. But cool in the end. I feel like Mongol was randomly added in at the last second. And I feel like the Black Beetle guy overstayed his welcome.

Posted

Yeah. The beginning was really turbulent too. I think the five year gap was something that could have been its own season, and then this could have just been season 3. I wanted to see meghan slowly become more reckless with her psychic powers, and the actual moment when she thought she could get superboy to forget he was mad at her by tampering with his memories. Or garfield's mom's death, and so on. I just want more beastboy frankly.

Also LL and I are texting about it and he's getting me really excited about darkseid, which is really sad, because apparently he was going to be the season 3 villain and that never came to pass.

Posted

Wuts darkseid's deal? I know he's like DC's version of Thanos (but came first and is dumber looking) but what's his backstory? Thanos has a really rad one where he's in love with death so he's always trying to impress her despite her maybe not being real. What motivates darkseid?

Posted

The anti-life equation and hatred

Posted

Why?

Oh I just read a wiki article on him since like, you told me nothing. He seemed really... Basic. Like he wants to kill/control everyone ever just cause. Maybe I'm missing something? At least Thanos is abstractly somewhat relatable. LL you should read the recent mini story, Thanos Rising. It's like 5 chapters long and it's a retelling of his origin story. Is there any (condensed) darkseid story that you'd recommend?

Posted

Watch it or read it. I think you're just trying to have pointless marvel/DC comparison.

Posted

Sorry I was just asking

Posted

You dare?

YOU DARE?!

Posted

Darkseid is cool and I believe he psychicly feeds of negativity. Personal hero of mine actually

pheonix561 and PrimaGaga like this