Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

The mob episodes of Batman:TAS were my favorites. 

Posted

That show was so in love with 70s batman. No complaints mind you. They used Rupert Thorne, who was the main mob bad guy in Denny O'neil and Neal Adams

Posted

Kiiiiiind of considering maaaaaaybe I should be reading some Wally West

Posted

You have a lot of options. I wish Mark Waid's run on the character from the 90s was in trades, because then near all wally west flash would be collected. His first few issues are collected though in a trade called Born to run. All you need to know is that Wally was Kid Flash, and then Barry Allen sacrificed his life to save the Multiverse, and now the mantle has fallen on Wally

Past that there are scattered trades. Then Geoff Johns' run which is collected in 3 or 4 giant Omnibi. Decently priced for the amount of content too.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Warner Bros. wants Jared Leto to play the Joker in 2016's Suicide Squad. I was iffy about how successful a Suicide Squad movie would be, but maybe this will get people excited.

This kind of came out of nowhere. I didn't even think he was going to be in the movie. I don't even think Harley Quinn was supposed to be in the movie. I think saving the Joker for another movie would be a good idea. People can get excited about Harley and she can tease the audience about the Joker. On the other hand, like I said, i dunno how recognizable Suicide Squad would be to audiences. The Joker is gonna probably remedy that.

Also the Joker and Lex Luthor will be in the same movie. Seems really soon, even though don't know anything about the movie yet.

Posted

Not sure i'm sold on the Joker in Suicide squad. But, hell, I'm not really sold on Harley on suicide squad, but she has been for 3 years

Posted

I hope they only tease at Joker. This was supposed to be a chance to showcase new characters, the Jokester would just upstage them all.

It does seem early to have a Suicide Squad movie.

Posted

Margot Robbie is officially playing Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad. I don't necessarily have favorite actresses nor actresses that I think are notably attractive. I'm really never even like "oh dude she's hot, hurr". And I'm never really attracted to blonde girls, but Margot Robbie is perfection. Duuuuuuuude.

Her face looks like it can be really mean, and her eyes make her look dumbish. Not that Harley Quinn is dumb, but she has those moments. I think both are good physical traits for that character.

Like in this pic she looks naïve/dumb but maybe sinister a bit? Am I making sense here

Margot-Robbie.jpg

Posted

yes i see what you mean

Posted

Damn dude Will Smith is gonna be Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad. It'd be cool to have him in the movie. However, Captain Boomerang is specifically Australian. Like that's all I know about him. I guess there have been multiples, but mehhhh.

Posted

Oh man awesome Suicide Squad gets to have a movie? I know literally nothing about them but they are my favorite card in DC Deckbuilder (which you all should play it rocks)

DCDBG_suicide_villain-cr.cryptozoic.com_

I make it a point to try and gather all 6 of them each game (which yields a ludicrous 36 points)

Posted

Will Smith is officially Deadshot and Jared Leto is officially the Jokester.

Also Tom Hardy is back in DC movies as Rick Flag.

Posted (edited)

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman.jpg?w=800

I still wish he was blonde, but whatever. The scale tattoos were a creative idea, I think. I don't know how the hair is gonna look underwater, if they even show that. I have no attachment to the other versions of Aquaman, and I'm not complaining about this costume. I feel like the Justice League is going to be a bunch of anti-social assholes, though. When Superman is "dark", where can you really go from there? Just keep making all of the other characters "darker"?

I hope that they make Clark Kent an awkward pussy and a nice person this time around. Rewatching the Richard Donner Superman movie, I thought it was endearing and awkward the way Superman would be all like "goodbye now"  and "stay safe" to people that he saved. Superman (and the Flash) are supposed to be crowd favorites. I hope that they don't miss the chance to do those kinds of things in the movie. Fans shouldn't look at the Justice League and think "these guys are puppying assholes". It's fine if Aquaman and Batman are assholes. 

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

BATMAN V. SUPERMAN TRAILER FINALLY CONFIRMED AFTER MONTHS OF TEASING. 

IT'LL BE IN SELECT THEATERS ON APRIL 20TH. 

DIRECTOR ZACK SNYDER TO RELEASE A 5 SECOND CLIP TOMORROW ON TWITTER.

Posted

On one hand, I hope it under performs, so Warner Brothers starts ignoring the comics for another 10 years. On the other hand the Marvel movies show no sign of stopping, with countless Genre's represented in future installments.

WB is just so bad at this though...