Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

I think they have learned from Man of Steel. I am very excited.

I'm almost more excited for Suicide Squad. According to rumors and some interviews, the Joker is shaping up to be exactly how I always wanted him to be. He was called "majestic" in one interview with David Ayer.

Posted

I like DC just as much as the next fanboy but the problem is they keep trotting out the same old heroes (Superman and Batman) year after year. When are they going to take a chance with some of their lesser known characters? I can think of a handful of characters that could do very well on screen given the chance. 

After Marvel gave the rights to Spider-Man and the X-Men to studios they lost out on them when they tried to branch into movies themselves, that's why they went with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America well-known characters to fans but unknowns to the uninitiated.

I think that Booster Gold would make a great addition to the growing DCCU line-up. His backstory is equal parts funny and tragic. In the future Michael Jon Carter is a very popular football player for Gotham University until it came to light that he was throwing games and betting on the other team (forced into it by his abusive, absentee Father). Expelled from school he got a job at the Metropolis Space Museum and became obsessed with the heroic age of the 21st century so with help from his Droid assistant Skeets stole display pieces and traveled back to present day to become a rich and famous Super Hero (hint: he eventually learns humility and that being a hero is more about fame and money)

Booster has strictly appeared in Animated form in Justice League Unlimited episode "The Greatest Story Never Told", in a few episodes of Batman The Brave and the Bold and his only live action appearance in Smallville episode "Booster" (which I enjoyed very much)

Booster_Gold_40.jpg

Posted

I really liked his episode of JLU.

I agree that they do need to showcase more characters. I always got the feeling like they were afraid of their own characters. Like they were self-conscious of the more comic booky characters. Or magical characters. Or whatever.

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

Which brings me to my next choice, Boston Brand The Deadman.

deadman_1st_dc_52_alternative_by_eyemelt

Posted

Were Captain America and Iron Man not well known before 2000? I guess I have a warped view of well known superheroes.

Posted

Were Captain America and Iron Man not well known before 2000? I guess I have a warped view of well known superheroes.

They were but not as popular as Spider-Man and the X-Men

There was a Hollywood Reporter headline after Marvel unveiled their initial development slate (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor) that read "Marvel Unveils the B-Team, inside Marvel's risky move".

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I JUST GOT TWO PASSES TO SEE THE TRAILER ON MONDAY. 

LUCKILY I LIVE LIT'RALLY 15 MINUTES FROM THE ONLY THEATER IN TEXAS THAT IS SHOWING THE TRAILER.

BROOOOOOOOO

My friend Lit'rally five minutes after I did to register for passes, and they sold out.

Posted

Wait, the trailer for which movie?

Posted

Batman v. Superman

Posted

I think it's....

batman-vs-superman.jpg

Posted (edited)

I saw the leaked trailer.

I thought Man of Steel was bleak, but the new trailer is darker than bleak. Still excited :) Batman's voice sounds like it's being changed through the use of a device. Maybe his armored suit that he uses to fight Superman? 

Also it looks like everyone fears and hates Superman. I hope that one day he is revered but in a positive way. When Superman is already "dark", where else is there to go? My fear for the Justice League movie is that the characters will try to out-angst each other. I hope Cyborg, Green Lantern and The Flash can bring humor to the seemingly stern lineup. 

I saw it here btw: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118811

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Did cyborg get his start from Teen Titans? Or was he already around, and then Teen Titans made him popular? It seems like a lot of comic book heroes become introduced into the more mainstream stuff just because they stay popular after a period of time. Like Harley Quinn, or Deadpool.

Posted

Titans.

Posted

Gotcha. It's just weird watching it happen, I guess. Titans also introduced beastboy and starfire and raven, and beastboy is my favorite DC character I think so I'm kind of sad that cyborg is for some reason suddenly popular enough to have his own movie but beastboy isn't around anywhere. I want more beastboy basically. But I'm also not a consumer of anything DC or Marvel puts out outside of the movies so it's not like I have a say in it.

Also he's apparently red now? That's dumb.

kJ6ExmU.png

Posted

He was red right after the reboot. I believe he's green again now