Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

I watched a few but it's too cartoony for me. Like, how is the Penguin living in squalor but he always has a fresh haircut that's perfectly styled?

ALSO I went to the Batman v. Superman IMAX trailer event. There was a message from WB to please not record it. Also Zack Snyder, who I think is a cool guy, asked us not to record it. He said that he wanted to something special for the attendees, so we all got a Batman and a Superman poster (one of each). Other attendees in other states got to pick one or the other. Also, I get a free IMAX ticket to see the movie BEFORE its release. The theater is really cool. It's a planetarium at a museum. The screen is almost too big. Also, the attendees got to see an exclusive cut of the trailer that will never be released. Batman and Superman charged at each other. It was cool.

Anyway, it was fun. Zack Snyder likes his fans and respects the characters/properties a lot. I'm excited to see it :)

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

I saw Man of Steel in IMAX back when that came out. Was a cool experience. I'd love to see BvS the same way if possible.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

The new Joker is a 2003 Marilyn Manson ripoff. It just looks douchey and lame. We haven't seen Jared Leto in action. I personally think he's gonna do great, I just don't like the picture that was released. If they just got rid of the "damaged" forehead tattoo, it'd look better. Maybe if it was more subtle or something. Not against tattoos in general, I just severely dislike that one. The gold teeth are lame kinda. I'm like 60%/40% on them. I am against 60%. I just think these ones specifically (especially the bottom) are bad.

They have so many interpretations to choose from. I don't know why they'd copy of Marilyn Manson. Why not just like, hire Marilyn Manson if you're gonna rip him off. It'd still be lame, but at least you couldn't say that it's a clone.

Also the white suit has a purple collar and looks dumb. I kept hearing Frank Miller's work used to describe this Joker, but I don't think it was true after all. I like a serious, yet sassy Joker who is narcissistic to a fault. Director David Ayer said he'd be "majestic" so I got my hopes up for a DCAU and Frank Miller Joker, not some grimdark Eurotrash goth club thing :(

Posted

The new Joker is a 2003 Marilyn Manson ripoff. It just looks douchey and lame. We haven't seen Jared Leto in action. I personally think he's gonna do great, I just don't like the picture that was released. If they just got rid of the "damaged" forehead tattoo, it'd look better. Maybe if it was more subtle or something. Not against tattoos in general, I just severely dislike that one. The gold teeth are lame kinda. I'm like 60%/40% on them. I am against 60%. I just think these ones specifically (especially the bottom) are bad.

They have so many interpretations to choose from. I don't know why they'd copy of Marilyn Manson. Why not just like, hire Marilyn Manson if you're gonna rip him off. It'd still be lame, but at least you couldn't say that it's a clone.

Also the white suit has a purple collar and looks dumb. I kept hearing Frank Miller's work used to describe this Joker, but I don't think it was true after all. I like a serious, yet sassy Joker who is narcissistic to a fault. Director David Ayer said he'd be "majestic" so I got my hopes up for a DCAU and Frank Miller Joker, not some grimdark Eurotrash goth club thing :(

The Tattoos are a bit much for me. But I'll reserve judgment until I see footage.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

3309829581b7c07ea153520c29612cca07dc9919

Schwarbage

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

I'm kind of neutral to this look for The Joker. I think 'Damaged' is too much, but I don't mind the other tattoos at all. As for the teeth, if that's just a metallic grill for the sake of looking cool, I don't like it. But, if the explanation for the metal teeth is that they're the result of the Joker repeatedly having his front teeth knocked out by Batman over the years, then I really like the detail. I don't know if that's the case, though, so I'll hold back judgement there. I'm still very interested in what Leto's performance will be like despite the questionable character design. I wouldn't say the look is complete schwarbage (yet), but it might be.

Posted

I hope he gets the chance to spruce himself for Batman in a future encounter. Like in Dark Knoght Returns. I'm hoping he'll put on makeup and groom himself and whatever.

Posted

Ok now I get the joke in this video

Posted

The Supergirl series has been ordered to series over at CBS. I'm curious to see how they handle the Character. That makes five tv series in or under development for DC. Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Titans, unfortunately Constantine was cancelled by NBC but they are looking for a new distributor.

first-look-at-melissa-benoist-in-supergi

Posted

Also Gotham but eh

Posted

One of my favorite parts of the New Flash and Arrow spin-off series is that Mr. Pond himself Arthur Darvill has been cast as "Rip Hunter" a time traveler who is secretly Richard Michael Carter the Son of Michael Jon Carter aka Booster Gold.

rip-hunter-cast-129443.jpg

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

Will-Smith-Deadshot-HiRes.jpg

I kind of don't like Deadshot's costume. It is red and black, which is cool. And it does look beat up/worn, which is a good detail. But the pads just look like they're for show. I'm not against costumes being for show, or anything. I just don't feel like there is a lot of unity in terms of design. And the helmet looks reminds me of a baseball. It's weirdly white and looks very plasticy. Maybe it's just the angle, or the lighting. The costume as a whole looks like a guy in a red shirt who is about to play paintball. 

I will probably change my mind. It's just that The Flash's costume on TV is really good. Batman's new BvS costume is really good. Wonder Woman's is really good. Daredevil's is really good, too. 

I'll post about the other Suicide Squad costumes later

Posted

I was actually kinda excited about Suicide Squad. I'm not at all familiar with it, but the premise sounds like Marvel's Thunderbolts, which is usually pretty fun. But then I saw the costumes and now I'm not excited. At least at the moment.

Posted

I was actually kinda excited about Suicide Squad. I'm not at all familiar with it, but the premise sounds like Marvel's Thunderbolts, which is usually pretty fun. But then I saw the costumes and now I'm not excited. At least at the moment.

There's a good DCAU animated film called Batman Assault on Arkham which is all about Taskforce X (The Suicide Squad).

batman-assault-on-arkham-dvd-cover.jpg

Posted

It was good. It does things that Marvel can't, in that Batman is portrayed as like, this force that they all have to contend with. He's not the focus of the story, because the audience already is familiar with his role and his effect on the DC Universe. The plot is happening in the midst of the Joker and Batman being the Joker and Batman. It's cool, idk. 

In fact, I wish DC would use this strategy more when introducing audiences to lesser known characters. I feel like they're afraid of their own characters. I think that Assault on Arkham was a step in the right direction in terms of universe building and introducing lesser known characters. They don't have to rely solely on Batman and Superman. They can use them, sure, but I think they shouldn't always be the stars of the series/movie/whatever. Young Justice is another great example. The Justice League members would invoke this unspoken respect in everyone around them. It's just a good strategy to use in my opinion. When DC doesn't use this strategy of characterization and world-building, I think it's a missed opportunity because Marvel doesn't have the same options all the time.