Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Detective Comics Comics (Also known as "That Crap")

193 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll probably download that movie

Posted

Someone watch Justice League with me

(Pheo and PizzaGurl)

Posted

k. also that movie was kinda boring. the suicide squad cartoon.

Posted

foolish, very foolish

Posted

Idk maybe I just didn't care about those characters? I honestly turned it off about 15 mins before it ended.

Posted

just watched Justice League Gods and Monsters and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something similar to Crisis on two earths but what I got was something else entirely, the League depicted wasn't evil, they just didn't mind getting their hands dirty.

In other news I just finally watched the new trailer for batman v Superman and all I have to say is......meh!

I hate that I'm not more excited for this film, I should have the urge to tear off all my clothes, smother my bare flesh in lime jello and run down the street screaming The red Capes are Coming, but all I can muster is a lackluster Meh.

To me the entire plot just seems disingenuous, there's just no way Batman and Superman would allow themselves to be turned into pawns, I'm sorry, Batman is supposed to be this brilliant detective, are you telling me that he wouldn't be able to deduce that he was being played.

to me DC is just so hard up for an Avengers style team up that they are rushing to the meet cute long before it's due.

but then that's just my opinion, what do you think?

Posted

Its hard to say, the trailer didn't really reveal much plot other than that Batman is upset at Superman for the massive destruction he helped cause in Man of Steel.

Personally I'm more interested in the rumors of a connection between the new Joker and the defaced Robin costume

Posted

I liked Zod's body being shown. Hopefully Man of Steel will be retroactively better after seeing BvS

Posted

Apparently, this movie is going to be similar to The Dark Knight Returns (which is Zack Snyder's dream project). The "S" patches on soldiers' arms and Batman taking down Superman are opposites of TDKR, though. Apparently Batman is the trusted "face" of justice, while Superman is the rogue. It's the opposite of how things normally go.

I like how they're willing to experiment with their biggest properties as opposed to being afraid of doing anything too out-of-the-box. I think the movie will be great, I just hope Superman and Clark Kent gets some development. 

And yeah, the Jason Todd costume was dope. If they just straight up made Under the Red Hood into live action, that'd be awesome. 

Right now, I feel like DC is aligning themselves to expand their universe at a quick rate. With Suicide Squad and BvS, they can potentially quickly characterize many people in the universe at once. It doesn't always have to be Batman/Superman vs an enemy, then Batman/Superman vs a bigger enemy. 

Posted (edited)

Oh, have you guys not heard the theory? Put they tinfoil hats on!

The theory is thus. Batman as of BvS is retired, has been for almost 10 years. The thing that caused him to retire was the death of Robin... Or was it?

Notice the age difference between the Joker and Bruce. Consider all the ridiculous tattoos. Now, consider the following, Bruce retired due to a mix of the back stories of DKR and Batman Beyond. Batman, or Robin, killed the original Joker, but not before he could do unfathomable psychological damage to Robin. Robin then became the new Joker. One more little clue. The Robin costume says, Hahaha, the joke's on You. This is the last line of the suicide squad trailer line which plays during what looks like the scene where the Joker drives Harley insane with torture/psycho manipulation.

Coincidence???

I think not

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

That'd be a cool twist

Posted

Batman Arkham Knight is so fun, though Arkham City is my favorite.

So many superman, green arrow and flash references. Also lex luthor leaves you voicemails. It's cool.