Sahaqiel's Miscellanies

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, kaffles got me thinking back to all the stuff I left undocumented. I think it's about time I made a blog about the stuff I do. It's easier to keep people informed without making a bunch of threads. There are plenty of times in which I just linked a bunch of people what I did specifically rather than posting a topic because I would feel like an attention whore. It's a bit conflicting because it's pretty much the same thing if I link a bunch of people and explain it to each person individually.

Incidentally, this first entry is why All Wizards and One Robot Werewolf fell through. (Though it will start up again after Chimetals' game, probably) For the school assignment, I pretty much woke up, programmed, cooked breakfast, ate breakfast and programmed, got on the train and programmed, got to school and programmed, programmed on the way home, programmed, and went to sleep. For like three or more weeks. I was planning for a holiday release, but I ended up not being able to finish the whole thing. Hence, mFufni's Adventure DX.

Please follow me and comment here! I'll keep you guys updated in the thread too, probably.

http://hipcatoverthemoon.blogspot.com/

Also pheo sux.

Sheethorded likes this

Posted

Why couldn't you have made it easier on us and made a Tumblr? A handful of Hnetters already have them and it would've been soooooo much easier to follow you on it.

Posted

To me, tumblr is a lot less focused and it's less likely to get people to actually sit and read your stuff rather than look at the images and get all ADHD. That's why I didn't immediately want to make a Tumblr, because it doesn't even really seem like a blogging site. It's more of a reblogging site.

One foot in the door before I tried registering it I immediately started wasting time and ignoring the attached text.

Posted

I suppose that's fair.

Posted

Also I have learned in the two ish weeks I've had a tumblr that the tumblr community is just awful.

Disgea likes this

Posted

Tumblr's "Social Justice Advocates" can get a bit obnoxious imo.

But i find them better than DeviantART.... as if that's saying anything.

Posted

New entry!

mFufni's Adventure Beta 0.2

Arrow Keys - Movement

Enter - Select

S - Cancel

Please test it out and tell me what you think. Sounds, appearance, presentation, anything.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sounds are pretty nice, though the ability to skip the intro would be pretty sweet.

Can't wait for a finished product.

Posted

I'm putting together a silly and seriously small thing that's inspired by an earlier work of mine back when I was collaborating with Nabe on trying to make a Zelda fan game. It was a basic Zelda engine, but I started adding horror elements in it to mess with Muffin, who was a tester at the time. I believe his reaction to the first horror elements was: "I like how the first part shows how fucking stupid you are". I couldn't stop laughing.

Posted

Might start up my breeding ring again to get my perfect IV Shuckle in my spare time. I even developed a nomenclature system.

For instance, S001♥♠★♣♦♪

S - First letter of Pokemon name. (Shuckle)

001 - Number of Pokemon bred.

♥♠★♣♦♪ - Symbols representing which IV stat that the Pokemon has maxed. Represents HP, Attack, Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed, respectively, and almost always in that order. I only give them these symbols if the stats in question are useful for filling the gap of IVs in newer generations. For instance, I have two Shuckles with four max IVs, but if I get a Shuckle with FIVE, then I would switch name it and switch it with one of the parents.

Right now I have S251♥♠★♦ and S252★♣♦♪ working hard makin' babies.

86.jpg

They're both holding braces that allow them to automatically pass down the stats I want to the children, and there is always a small chance one of both of the parents' IVs are inherited. The rest is up to luck.

The most recent Shuckle I've hatched is S280 (★♣♠ if you want to know) I have about three Shuckles who have four maxed IVs. Working on 5, and one day all 6, so I can crossbreed my SuperShuckles to breed the rest of my team. All different species, but all descendant of two Shuckle.

At the head of my party is a Magmar named "Chichi", meaning "Father". He has Flame Body, which halves the required steps for eggs to hatch.

source: http://hipcatoverthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/11/master-shuckle-race-project.html

Posted

Crossbreeding shuckle? How does that work?

Does it have some kind of ability that allows this?

Posted

Well, see, breeding depends on a Pokemon's egg group, of which there are many. Say I wanted to get from Shuckle to Machop. Shuckle is a Bug egg group. So I would breed it with Cacnea, which has both Bug and Humanshape egg groups. Then I would breed it with a Machop, which also has the Humanshape egg group. Science. (:

Posted

Just like real life! <:

Posted

Hey, use pokegen like a pro