Segfault

1 post in this topic

Posted

What if this is all just a dream?

What if you don't even exist?

Does it still matter?

Wake up.

You've got a job to do.

I'm running into some errors, I'll be back soon.

--Segfault--

You wake up. Or did you just fall asleep? Either way, you're here now.

You take a moment to get your bearings straight, and look around. An endless white expanse surrounds your camp, filled with an eerie light that sends icicles down your spine. Your makeshift barricade of blankets and sticks ripples, even though you feel no wind on your skin, and save your breathing the air is perfectly still. Everyone else is waking up now too, but you're too focused on the strangeness of this place to care.

You cast your mind back into the past, trying to remember how everything came to be this way. It seems like only yesterday the shit hit the fan. Or was it always this way? You can't remember, no matter how hard you think about it, almost like you have a hole where memories should be. You hear the crackling of a fire, as one of your compatriots gets started on breakfast, and your stomach grumbles slightly.

You should probably get up and see about getting some breakfast. Things might be rough today.

[RP Info]

Hey there, CO here. Here's the short story: Segfault is an RP set at an indeterminate time and place, with much more to it than might meet the eye. Characters should be Human, and any knowledge of technology should be about the same as our current technology levels. You'll note right off the bat that /everyone/ has amnesia about any events prior to the actual beginning of the RP, but they will retain slight memories correlating to the plot.

So sign me up!

Whoa, slow down there, sir/madam/???, to streamline the topic for ease of reading I'm going to do a couple things.

1. Applications should be sent to me via PM, this also allows me to give individuals plot based memories
  2. Once some of the more complicated mechanics start taking place, I'm going to open group PM's as needed, and whenever consensus is reached within those, a single unified post will be made.
  3. Please, Please, Please write in something resembling proper grammar. I'm not going to be spell checking everyone's posts, but as long as the in character portions are made in such a way you could at least see them in a short story, we're cool.
  4. Out of character talking should be kept to the end of posts, preferably within a spoiler tag or ((double quotes)).

Alright, so is there a form I need or something?

Here you are, sir/madam/???:

Name:

Est. Age:

Height: (Consistency purposes)

Personality: (Not really a bio due to the amnesia)

Tool of Choice: (Choose carefully! While technology might be good, power sources may be rare!)

Weapon: (Again, choose carefully! A ranged weapon might be good, but you only have so many shots!)

[/RP Info]