Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AIDS and the British Press

6 posts in this topic

Posted

More than 25 years ago I did a study of Press reporting of AIDS. This generated various articles, educational items and a conference paper – most of which I have now lost. However, one article, “AIDS Virus Kills Man in Britain: AIDS and the British Press” has survived and is posted on the Gay East Midlands website. It occasionally prompts a few inquiries so I thought I’d post it here too, since December hosts World AIDS Day and, in some places, AIDS Awareness Week.

aids-virus-kills-man-in-britain.jpg

More accurately, 'AIDS Virus Kills Straight Man in Britain'. 32 gay men had already died.

AIDS Virus Kills Man in Britain: AIDS and the British Press

[ Source ]

After page 1 of this thread, if we get that far, I'll duck out and never come back because this will inevitably turn into another homosexuality debate as the debating members of this forum community chase your own tail on the subject.

Interesting article I was linked to. Normally I don't read articles, but I wondered how differently people thought back then, so I bothered to read this one. Basically, how the subject of AIDS was handled in the press in the 1980s.

Posted

Okay

Posted

chase their tail

CHASE

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

IT'S THAT GUY WHO COMMENTED RIGHT AFTER OP. LAWL.

CATCHY PUN.

and it isn't aids that kills you. it's the other diseases and flu that kill you after your immune system is shot down.

Posted

thanks ezlo

Posted

It's what I do.

Google, are you LL? I don't know anymore. :S