Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo 3DS - What style?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

The pixel density on the bottom screen is exactly the same as that of the top screen, so I don't see why the graphics would be any worse on the bottom screen. They just wouldn't be in 3D.

Posted

Aethix, I don't think that's true.

Do you have anything to support that statement? From my experience, the only thing the bottom screen on the 3DS has been used for are menus, maps, or aiming. We've not had any kind of graphically intense dual-screen game to support your statement.

The bottom screen, from what I can tell, is only slightly better than the DS lite/Dsi/Dsi XL. It's nowhere near the top screen.

Posted

I don't think I really understand what you're trying to say. What about the bottom screen is worse than the top screen, aside from being not as wide and not 3D?

Just for reference, the 3DS' top screen has an effective resolution of 400x240, while the bottom screen is 320x240, each with 32-bit color depth. Comparitively, the resolution on the original DS was 256x192 for both screens, with 18-bit color depth (24 on the DSi and XL)

Posted

Personally, I'd like to see another game with the cel-shaded style of Wind Waker. It just clicks with me when it comes to handhelds. That, and Wind Waker's still one of my personal favorites.

Posted

Honestly a handheld version of Wind waker is be satisfied.