Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo 3DS - What style?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

What style do you guys think should be used for the next 3DS Zelda game? I always wanted a similar-looking Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link coming back, that'd be amazing. I just LOVE his official art. I wouldn't mind a game kind of like Wind Waker, a bit cartoony but can get very dark.

Posted

i welcome handheld zelda games any day, any way. though the first thing id like to see is a remake of MM.

/shot for not being done with OoT3DS, even now

Posted

WIND WAKER CELL SHADING IN 3D! Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were nice, but the DS just couldn't live up to the graphical standard.

Posted

thing is, PH and ST worked on the bottom screen. theres no 3d there (no matter how much my eyes twitch with the desire to not have to readjust every time i look away from the top screen)

and putting the controls down there in the way kid icarus is, would feel a little awkward for me. i wouldnt mind puzzles and minigames taking place there, but it would still feel like nintendo was trying too hard.

Posted

oh i guess you have a point. well i still want to enhanced graphics in cell shading. :>

Posted

Yeah, I don't think we're going to get anything like PH or SS. But I do think WW cel shading should come back.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I actually like cel-shading. Wind Waker being one of my fave Zelda's...lol. I would love having it back.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

i should hope not.

id like to see how theyd use the 3d with the touch screen, though. as in, keep the glory of the controls of ST and PH, but somehow utilize the shiny graphics of the 3ds. but i really cant think of anything other than forced touch screen controls, which can be too picky to execute some moves, or being like kid icarus, which would just be weird for a zelda game. too much camera, not enough means of attack.

Posted

The graphics WEREN'T that BAD you SLUTS but who cares.

I think they capitalized on the fact that the DS was better for solving puzzles than action sequences for spirit tracks, which is why you were on tracks the whole time in the over world and only had to worry about speeding up/slowing down etc. And the hard puzzles and things. It was a fun game you're all dumb.

What I'm saying is I want another Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

Posted

Huh? I loved ST and PH. I wouldn't mind another game sometimes in the future like them.

Posted

I liked them too, especially ST. But I think Nintendo would want to take full advantage of the 3D screen rather than put all the action on the bottom screen. We might see things like using the touch screen to aim a bow or things like that, but it would be kind of annoying to constantly take out the stylus and put it back, so I have a feeling the next Zelda game for 3DS is going to be a bit light on touch controls.

Posted

That makes a lot of sense, Aethix. Hopefully they'll find a good balance between the 3d screen and the touch screen..... and have WW graphics.

Posted

I'm actually really glad that we won't see any more PH or ST. Cannot stand the control scheme.

And with the circle pad, I can almost guarantee that the next original Zelda title will be in 3D third-person. Like Ocarina of Time, Twlight Princess, Wind Waker, etc.

Posted

What I'm saying is I want another Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

i agree, just more for the ST than PH, since they fixed PHs more painful mechanics in ST. though ST still has room for improvement, which is totally why they should make another game. its not like i want one or anything. totally.

im just saying that trying to incorporate the 3d into the game would be just an awful wreck. maybe for mode of transportation or something, but i dont think shifting from screen to screen like that would be a good idea. idk about you, but i had to glance down a lot to make sure i was actually touching the controls, and not empty space during those train scenes. and i dont like having to switch from top to bottom screen when i have the 3d on, as my eyes have to readjust from top to bottom and from bottom to top.

Posted

Not to mention the graphics would have to be absolute shit on the bottom screen compared to the top.