Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My day today

15 posts in this topic

Posted

[16:59:33] <Sahaqiel> Well

[16:59:38] <Sahaqiel> I had a generally badtastic time today.

[16:59:59] <Sahaqiel> First, there was the calculus quiz

[17:00:16] <Sahaqiel> in which, once again, we were given three questions that were exceedingly difficult in comparison to the homework

[17:00:31] <Sahaqiel> in fact, it did things we never went over in the homework

[17:00:55] <Sahaqiel> so my mom picks me up and takes me to lunch after school

[17:01:11] <Sahaqiel> I get home and look through my pockets and bags and can't find my phone

[17:01:28] <Sahaqiel> my mom was at a store down the street picking stuff up so I hopped on a bike and started riding there

[17:01:39] <Sahaqiel> I hit a bump while standing and pedaling

[17:02:05] <Sahaqiel> the chain pops off and my foot goes completely forward

[17:02:30] <Sahaqiel> so I tried to keep my balance even though I had fallen all the way forward and down on the bike

[17:02:44] <Sahaqiel> so like, my pelvis is maybe a foot and a half off the ground

[17:02:53] <Sahaqiel> using the only part of my body that was touching the ground

[17:02:56] <Sahaqiel> which was my toe

[17:03:27] <Sahaqiel> So it literally scraped like, all the layers off skin off

[17:03:44] <Sahaqiel> like, off maybe 3/5ths of the front of my toe

[17:03:57] <Sahaqiel> leaving exposed flesh underneath

[17:04:02] <Sahaqiel> and this was in like the first second

[17:04:19] <Sahaqiel> out of maybe five to seven seconds of dragging my toe along rough sidewalk trying to keep my balance

[17:04:28] <Sahaqiel> so my toe is a bloody mess, literally

[17:04:35] <Sahaqiel> Then

[17:04:38] <Sahaqiel> right after

[17:04:40] <Sahaqiel> it starts raining

[17:05:04] <Sahaqiel> So I picked myself up, and had to walk the bike to the store

[17:05:12] <Sahaqiel> and I didn't want to walk because my toe was losing a lot of blood

[17:05:25] <Sahaqiel> but I did to find my mom to ask her to buy bandages for me

[17:05:36] <Sahaqiel> I walked in between like three stores and couldn't find her

[17:05:51] <Sahaqiel> Apparently at one store, she went everywhere I didn't like three times

[17:06:00] <Sahaqiel> because I searched the whole store by aisles and didn't see her

[17:06:04] <Sahaqiel> hobbling around

[17:06:30] <Sahaqiel> eventually she comes out and unlocks the door while she gets bandages because she was like wtf how did you even do that

[17:06:36] <Sahaqiel> and my phone isn't in the car

[17:06:45] <Sahaqiel> neither is my wallet

[17:06:50] <Sahaqiel> I also couldn't find my wallet

[17:07:15] <Sahaqiel> I was going to go to the bank regardless of whether or not I could find my phone

[17:07:20] <Sahaqiel> as long as I could find my wallet

[17:07:25] <Sahaqiel> wasn't there, so the trip was a gigantic waste

[17:07:48] <Sahaqiel> my mom bandaged my foot up, I got on the bike, and went back home

[17:07:59] <Sahaqiel> my wallet was on my desk

[17:08:18] <Sahaqiel> My phone was doing that thing where when you call it it doesn't register that you called it until much later

[17:08:35] <Sahaqiel> for each of the nine times I called it

[17:08:45] <Sahaqiel> and yeah that was my day so far.

[22:26:32] <Sahaqiel> This is horrible

[22:26:36] <Sahaqiel> My luck has been so bad for the past week

[22:26:54] <Sahaqiel> like just one awful thing after the next

[22:28:12] <Sahaqiel> This morning I went to the bank to deposit it

[22:28:20] <Sahaqiel> like before 10 when my friend was picking me up

[22:28:39] <Sahaqiel> on the way there my bike's chain popped off at the precise area where it popped off the first time when I wrecked my toe

[22:28:46] <Sahaqiel> I even took EXTRA PRECAUTION

[22:28:54] <Sahaqiel> and it still was like lol sux 2 b u ;3

[22:29:03] <Sahaqiel> I start putting the chain back on like wtf

[22:29:11] <Sahaqiel> Carefully slip it on, start turning the crank

[22:29:23] <Sahaqiel> the chain slips to the opposite side right when it looked like it was on and secure

[22:29:27] <Sahaqiel> and I was like so mad

[22:29:46] <Sahaqiel> I get to the bank after waiting at the stoplight because I got there just as it changed and made it impossible for me to go

[22:29:54] <Sahaqiel> Turns out I forgot

[22:30:02] <Sahaqiel> specifically on Wednesdays, the bank opens at 10, not 9

[22:30:10] <Sahaqiel> so it was a wasted trip

[22:30:31] <Sahaqiel> on the way back my bike chain pops off on like the most trivial bump that it's definitely survived more severe versions of

[22:30:38] <Sahaqiel> I start putting the chain back on, and I get a GLASS SPLINTER

[22:30:42] <Sahaqiel> like where did it even COME FROM

[22:30:48] <Sahaqiel> I get home, take it out

[22:30:53] <Sahaqiel> friend gets there takes me to SWIC

[22:31:15] <Sahaqiel> I try to buy a drink and it turns out I didn't actually have the money in my pocket the whole time

[22:31:23] <Sahaqiel> so even if the bank was open it would have been wasted effort

[22:33:15] <Kaffles> I hope you haven't lost it

[22:33:24] <Sahaqiel> By this point I was freaking out because our anime club sponsor hadn't contacted us for the whole week

[22:33:29] <Sahaqiel> even after I sent him two more e-mails

[22:33:35] <Sahaqiel> so we didn't have a room or anything

[22:33:51] <Sahaqiel> turns out he was out of town and for some reason didn't have access to his e-mail

[22:34:03] <Sahaqiel> I can run into him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, on campus

[22:34:07] <Sahaqiel> but Monday, we didn't have school

[22:34:23] <Sahaqiel> So it was a now-or-never kind of thing.

[22:35:02] <Sahaqiel> But hey, what do you know, we got a +1. He e-mailed me right after I left for school, we got the room, it was in the building we wanted with the slightly longer time span we wanted.

[22:35:57] <Sahaqiel> But then later CB confronts me and rants at me that I didn't sign us up for club fair and didn't go to some meeting and didn't get the blue folder full of all the forms that say we're officially a club and the deadline was that day.

[22:36:03] <Sahaqiel> And I'm like omGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

[22:36:29] <Sahaqiel> The sponsor never told me about these things, at all. Neither did College Activities each of the 3 times I visited them and asked them if I needed paperwork.

[22:37:08] <Sahaqiel> So I grab the handwritten sheets with some information she gave me, then go to English, and then go back to College Activities.

[22:37:36] <Sahaqiel> Turns out there wasn't a meeting they were aware of, the blue folder was with my sponsor, and there wasn't a particularly strict deadline. So another +1 I guess, but why is this day trying to stress me out so much?

[22:37:58] <Sahaqiel> The sponsor didn't mention a blue folder when I talked to him. Did he forget, or did he not get it until later today?

[22:38:21] <Sahaqiel> Anyway

[22:38:39] <Sahaqiel> So I start running up anime club and some people I invited didn't attend and we watched some stuff.

[22:39:19] <Sahaqiel> I wanted us to watch an ongoing series, so I selected something I really genuinely thought our club might enjoy unanimously, since it has kind of something for everybody.

[22:39:45] <Sahaqiel> And it doesn't have a huge amount of episodes, and it actually has clever storytelling and somewhat of a plot.

[22:39:49] <Sahaqiel> We could all be satisfied by it

[22:40:09] <Sahaqiel> But then it received mixed reactions, which bummed me out, a lot.

[22:40:34] <Sahaqiel> Like they all admitted it was interesting, but some of them literally said "ehhh" or something.

[22:40:56] <Sahaqiel> This was further provoked by this guy that comes to club, and he's like, the bottom rung in terms of people in the anime watching demographic.

[22:41:06] <Sahaqiel> The first day he came to club he said, "So why aren't we watching Bleach?"

[22:41:22] <Sahaqiel> He prefers dubs and complains if we watch subbed

[22:42:29] <Sahaqiel> He actually said the expository gave him a headache and called the art style "pixellated"

[22:42:39] <Sahaqiel> It was kind of bright and colorful, and kind of impressionism-y?

[22:44:05] <Sahaqiel> It's really good stuff

[22:44:12] <Sahaqiel> and my club would rather watch stuff like Genshiken

[22:44:21] <Sahaqiel> which is funny and entertaining, but it doesn't do anything unique or interesting.

[22:44:40] <Sahaqiel> So I was just like ehhhhhhhhhh

[22:44:52] <Sahaqiel> I was running out of steam and was having a hard time communicating to club.

[22:51:23] <Sahaqiel> idk

[22:51:27] <Sahaqiel> I was just bummed. :(

[22:51:34] <Sahaqiel> I thought for sure we'd find a middle ground in this series.

[23:00:47] <Sahaqiel> But yeah got home and I don't see my twenty dollars.

[23:00:51] <Sahaqiel> It's a bad day, desu.

Teto likes this

Posted

Also my left calf is bruised, I think. It hurts to move.

Posted

[22:55:27] <&Sahaqiel> To cap off my night

[22:55:35] <&Sahaqiel> I cooked a pizza in my toaster oven

[22:55:37] <&Sahaqiel> And somehow

[22:55:38] <&Sahaqiel> SOMEHOW

[22:55:41] <&Sahaqiel> for the first time EVER

[22:55:51] <&Sahaqiel> the crust got stuck to the pan

[22:55:58] <&Sahaqiel> So when I pulled the pizza out

[22:56:04] <&Sahaqiel> the crust COMPLETELY SEPARATED from the pizza

[22:56:07] <&Sahaqiel> I didn't even think that was POSSIBLE.

Posted

Sounds like one of those days you turn around and laugh about in a few years

Posted

Hey, remember that one time I skinned my toe on the sidewalk?

Hilarious.

Posted

Wonderful people.

Posted

I cut off the flap with sterilized scissors and there's just exposed flesh underneath. It was like impossible to clean otherwise.

Posted

My brother did that to my ring finger by dropping a table saw on it when we were moving it into my dad's car. It looked like that, but instead of cutting off the flap I just left it on after bandaging it all down, because it wasn't infected or anything, and now there's a scar there where I can't feel anything.

Posted

US Healthcare

Posted

Next time u fall saha it will be..............world war

Posted

So a recap of my week so far,

I talked to an employee at the grocery store across the street and she said they were hiring like a week ago, so I should call and see what's up. I submitted an online application and called in. As soon as I got on the line with the manager, this is what happened.

"Hello! Sorry if I interrupted anything. I was wondering if you had any positions open for hiring?"

"We are not currently hiring, if you want to submit an application online, though, or website is--"

"Oh, yeah, I submitted one al-"

"www.shopnsave.com thank you and have a nice evening."

"Well, I--"

(he hangs up)

"Oh. Well, thanks anyway."

The next day or two, the toe thing happens to me.

I also found out that I did not get a job that I had practically secured at a different grocery store, and it seemed like the assistant manager of the store simply didn't want to hire me. CB told me they were hiring, so I submitted an application, called them up, and talked to the assistant manager. He explicitly told me that all the hiring was being handled by corporate, and the employees at that grocery did not have control over who gets picked. So I talk to CB about it and she told me to ask for the manager instead, so I did, and I told him that CB referred me. "Oh yeah, she did say some of her friends needed a job..." He asked my name and got my application, and was very cooperative and seemed receptive to me getting a job there. He gave my information to the assistant manager and he told me that the AM would figure out a time slot for me. So I wait, and eventually the assistant manager calls me up and tells me that they were looking for people with a more flexible schedule that could work weekdays. I told him I was available on weekdays after 5pm, and he tells me that they're looking for more like, 12pm onwards, and that he already had people who could fill the weekend position and the weekday position. That they were looking for more full-time workers. He told me if they were looking for weekend checkers, they'd look into my application, but he sounded really like, condescending, like I was a child, or something, and he was lying to me to make me feel better? He could have followed up with "if you don't get the job, you can have a cookie!" and it would have flowed just about the same. I suspect he may have been bitter that I discovered that hiring was not exclusively handled by corporate.

The next day I had acid reflux or something, because I kept having sudden bursts of nausea followed by excessive salivation. Like, if I opened my mouth and looked down, there would be steady drippings coming from my mouth, and I was still unable to vomit in the hopes of feeling better afterwards. If all the saliva dripped out of the same place, it would be like turning a faucet on a really low stream. I haven't had symptoms since then.

Yesterday:

my calculus class is driving me insane because it takes like half an hour to do some problems and it's hard enough getting them right. The class average is failing and I have to work myself crazy to nail down these concepts. So much so that I don't have enough time to complete homework in other classes. I'm drawing up a schedule for myself, so hopefully I can get a better handle on this, but there's a test next week and I'm freaking out. I was in a blind rage the other night because I was so stuck on one calculus problem, and it turned out it was because I forgot something basic and didn't see it. I wasted like an hour on that problem, and it was one out of like 20+.

Today:

[22:26:29] <Sahaqiel> I think I misplaced 20 dollars. :(

[22:26:32] <Sahaqiel> This is horrible

[22:26:36] <Sahaqiel> My luck has been so bad for the past week

[22:26:54] <Sahaqiel> like just one awful thing after the next

[22:28:12] <Sahaqiel> This morning I went to the bank to deposit it

[22:28:20] <Sahaqiel> like before 10 when my friend was picking me up

[22:28:39] <Sahaqiel> on the way there my bike's chain popped off at the precise area where it popped off the first time when I wrecked my toe

[22:28:46] <Sahaqiel> I even took EXTRA PRECAUTION

[22:28:54] <Sahaqiel> and it still was like lol sux 2 b u ;3

[22:29:03] <Sahaqiel> I start putting the chain back on like wtf

[22:29:11] <Sahaqiel> Carefully slip it on, start turning the crank

[22:29:23] <Sahaqiel> the chain slips to the opposite side right when it looked like it was on and secure

[22:29:27] <Sahaqiel> and I was like so mad

[22:29:46] <Sahaqiel> I get to the bank after waiting at the stoplight because I got there just as it changed and made it impossible for me to go

[22:29:54] <Sahaqiel> Turns out I forgot

[22:30:02] <Sahaqiel> specifically on Wednesdays, the bank opens at 10, not 9

[22:30:10] <Sahaqiel> so it was a wasted trip

[22:30:31] <Sahaqiel> on the way back my bike chain pops off on like the most trivial bump that it's definitely survived more severe versions of

[22:30:38] <Sahaqiel> I start putting the chain back on, and I get a GLASS SPLINTER

[22:30:42] <Sahaqiel> like where did it even COME FROM

[22:30:48] <Sahaqiel> I get home, take it out

[22:30:53] <Sahaqiel> friend gets there takes me to SWIC

[22:31:15] <Sahaqiel> I try to buy a drink and it turns out I didn't actually have the money in my pocket the whole time

[22:31:23] <Sahaqiel> so even if the bank was open it would have been wasted effort

[22:33:24] <Sahaqiel> By this point I was freaking out because our anime club sponsor hadn't contacted us for the whole week

[22:33:29] <Sahaqiel> even after I sent him two more e-mails

[22:33:35] <Sahaqiel> so we didn't have a room or anything

[22:33:51] <Sahaqiel> turns out he was out of town and for some reason didn't have access to his e-mail

[22:34:03] <Sahaqiel> I can run into him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, on campus

[22:34:07] <Sahaqiel> but Monday, we didn't have school

[22:34:23] <Sahaqiel> So it was a now-or-never kind of thing.

[22:35:02] <Sahaqiel> But hey, what do you know, we got a +1. He e-mailed me right after I left for school, we got the room, it was in the building we wanted with the slightly longer time span we wanted.

[22:35:57] <Sahaqiel> But then later CB confronts me and rants at me that I didn't sign us up for club fair and didn't go to some meeting and didn't get the blue folder full of all the forms that say we're officially a club and the deadline was that day.

[22:36:03] <Sahaqiel> And I'm like omGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

[22:36:29] <Sahaqiel> The sponsor never told me about these things, at all. Neither did College Activities each of the 3 times I visited them and asked them if I needed paperwork.

[22:37:08] <Sahaqiel> So I grab the handwritten sheets with some information she gave me, then go to English, and then go back to College Activities.

[22:37:36] <Sahaqiel> Turns out there wasn't a meeting they were aware of, the blue folder was with my sponsor, and there wasn't a particularly strict deadline. So another +1 I guess, but why is this day trying to stress me out so much?

[22:37:58] <Sahaqiel> The sponsor didn't mention a blue folder when I talked to him. Did he forget, or did he not get it until later today?

[22:38:21] <Sahaqiel> Anyway

[22:38:39] <Sahaqiel> So I start running up anime club and some people I invited didn't attend and we watched some stuff.

[22:39:19] <Sahaqiel> I wanted us to watch an ongoing series, so I selected something I really genuinely thought our club might enjoy unanimously, since it has kind of something for everybody.

[22:39:45] <Sahaqiel> And it doesn't have a huge amount of episodes, and it actually has clever storytelling and somewhat of a plot.

[22:39:49] <Sahaqiel> We could all be satisfied by it

[22:40:09] <Sahaqiel> But then it received mixed reactions, which bummed me out, a lot.

[22:40:34] <Sahaqiel> Like they all admitted it was interesting, but some of them literally said "ehhh" or something.

[22:40:56] <Sahaqiel> This was further provoked by this guy that comes to club, and he's like, the bottom rung in terms of people in the anime watching demographic.

[22:41:06] <Sahaqiel> The first day he came to club he said, "So why aren't we watching Bleach?"

[22:41:22] <Sahaqiel> He prefers dubs and complains if we watch subbed

[22:42:29] <Sahaqiel> He actually said the expository gave him a headache and called the art style "pixellated"

[22:42:39] <Sahaqiel> It was kind of bright and colorful, and kind of impressionism-y?

[22:44:05] <Sahaqiel> It's really good stuff

[22:44:12] <Sahaqiel> and my club would rather watch stuff like Genshiken

[22:44:21] <Sahaqiel> which is funny and entertaining, but it doesn't do anything unique or interesting.

[22:44:40] <Sahaqiel> So I was just like ehhhhhhhhhh

[22:44:52] <Sahaqiel> I was running out of steam and was having a hard time communicating to club.

[22:51:23] <Sahaqiel> idk

[22:51:27] <Sahaqiel> I was just bummed. :(

[22:51:34] <Sahaqiel> I thought for sure we'd find a middle ground in this series.

[23:00:47] <Sahaqiel> But yeah got home and I don't see my twenty dollars.

[23:00:51] <Sahaqiel> It's a bad day, desu.

In addition to the mentioned above, I could not find my bank card in order to give my stepdad my account number so he could deposit my weekly for-attending-school allowance. My dad also discovered that I had the shed key (because the things my stepmom is prone to throw out are hidden there, like my Companion Cube of uncountable numbers of work hours) and he wanted to mow the lawn before it rained, and he chewed me out for that.

I applied today to work at a general store/gas station near my old high school, because CB tells me they're hiring on all positions.

I DON'T THINK I STAND MUCH OF A CHANCE AT THIS POINT.

Posted

Sorry Humanity has declined didn't go over so well with a couple people. granted after more people know when club is I think we'll have some more varied opinions. When there are only like 15 people 3-4 people is a bit louder.

Posted

I am glad you were so enthusiastic and liked it. ;-;

also yeah I did think Genshiken was pretty cool. But no offense, I think it's far less interesting and witty. :( Just my personal opinion.

Posted

None taken. Really the two shows aren't really comparable. Genshiken isn't trying to be particularly thought provoking, just funny. I think with that kinda decision it comes down to what you're in the mood for