Thoughts on a Massive Zelda Roleplay

10 posts in this topic

Posted

First off, Wanna say Hi to Hyrule.net again. I've been away in Second Life for the past... two years... And I've recently managed to pull myself away from it.This is on topic so stay with me.

In this time, I've been Role-playing in various RP Sims in Second Life. Mainly Midgar, An FF7 RP. But the first reason I got in was "The Spinning Stream" having a hang out on SL. I went and found out about a Build of OoT in Second Life. When I first saw it was was a REALLY REALLY good recreation, not 100% Accurate but good enough.

At this time I found out that there was Role Play going on. However it was... insanity to say the least. Female links, gender bent goddesses... ect.... Point was, There was a group of RPers.

Not long after, they got their Own Full Region (Explained : They weren't renting space for Hyrule anymore) where they made more builds, built a SHOCKINGLY accurate Zelda Combat System (Good friend Carter Marenwolf and his ZRCS) and RP started... It was spotty and I myself Ran the "Hylian Knights" Faction. Don't be fooled though, the Roleplay NEVER got off the ground more than here and there.

Then problems arose, the Sim Shut down. Owner didn't get on Second Life anymore....

Then the "leaders" from the Sim created a NEW Sim a month or so before "Afredo" Died (Name of the Simulator itself) and made an Termina Sim. It was much better managed, but once again, NO Roleplay happened. "Hadong" died only three months later. Next was the first TRUE Roleplay Sim. It was another OoT Based sim, but the owner of it had HUGE value for detail, and actual Roleplay and made it for that, Where I was actually ABLE to run the "Hylian Knights" Group. Great role play int he Zelda Universe was to be had, if you could igore the owner's Power gaming of a non cannon original villain and makeing Ganondorf a wussy. This sim was around a good 7 Months before the most retarded dispute between the people who ran the sim happened.

Skip a few weeks later where the People from the last sim set up a Sim in a matter of days. Thus the first "Original" Second Life Hyrule was born. Once more I resumed my role as the "Hylian Knight Grandmaster". Now this time I had HUGE ability to help run the Role play, but we also had a problem with some of the more... liberal RPers in the last sim who couldn't make BS.. Now they could. So in response, the Owners deemed there be two separate Role plays going on in the Sim. The one I Ran was Cannon as we could, while the other... Well lets say a Gundam showed up once. This RP Sim Only lasted a couple months. And died...

Skipp forward to seven months ago. "Generations" Opens, and its look is CRAP. Worse than N64 Looking... But they Really went all out with making SO many Zones for Role play. RP was very spare in this one, But one thing, I Did not resume my post as Hylian Knight Grandmaster. My heart couldn't take a Sim Shutting down every few months just when RP was getting good.

The Problem with Generations was Money. A Sim roughly costs $200 USD PER MONTH to operate, unless its a mainland sim then its $72, but that's a different topic. Sim was poorly managed and money was Non existant. So they called in a Second Life Bussiness man. This guy has been in SL since 2005 and is some what rich making money in SL. He DID try to find ways to make the sim make money, but alas, it didn't. As of two weeks ago, he shut down the Zelda Generations Sim, and opened up.. well its frankly a Brothel & Strip Joint. The Zelda Peoples are trolling it relentlessly.

Now there is yet ANOTHER Zelda sim on the way. Now I will tell you the reason All the sims shut down...

• First, POOR ROLEPLAY Management.
  • Second, Roleplay is NOT enforced.
  • Third, Most of the Leaders do not have the fiances to keep such sims running.

So, I ask you all, after presenting this.... Does anyone think its possible to run a Massively Multi-Player Role play in a Virtual 3D environment that has no preset rules on how things must be ran, and is anyone here willing to help try and make this NEW one a TRUE Zelda Role play.

Posted

This Would Be An Awesome Idea. Maybe There Could Be Trohpies And Unlockable Weapon's Like In Call Of Duty?

Posted

Well the first attempts failed 30 times in a row. So.

It has. Its a huge combo of crap and bad management.

This Would Be An Awesome Idea. Maybe There Could Be Trohpies And Unlockable Weapon's Like In Call Of Duty?

Its not an Idea. Its happening right now. BUT its a Roleplay. Its not a Video Game at all. You "unlock" weapons and things by Roleplaying out stuff. If you were to look at Second Life (16+ ONLY >_>) There is no Set Goal, No Universal System for Combat. The only thing that is across the board the same, is your Viewer and Text. It was the perfect breeding ground for Roleplay.

There are Two Constants in Second Life... Roleplay Simulators, and Sex Simulators (I WISH I WAS squidding). And of course all the people selling just about everything you can think of to make money since you really do need real money to do anything... or have real good friends.

Posted

Im so confused. are you asking for funding or what?

Posted

Im so confused. are you asking for funding or what?

Sorry for such a late post.. Been playing Ragnarok Online again.. X_X...

No. Just asking opinions and people. Funding would be if somebody had the balls, extra income, and willing ness to shell out 200+ USD per month for it. So Just asking ATM

Posted

200+ usd per month? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Posted

200 USD a month for a Second Life roleplay?

wat?

Posted (edited)

There is a member on this site named Double45. He is a wealthy entrepreneur with a pair of balls the size of Arkansas. He usually looks into these kind of things if they have potential. He might be able to make your dreams come true.

200 USD a month for a Second Life roleplay?

wat?

Don't put this down just because you dont have any balls

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

There is a member on this site named Double45. He is a wealthy entrepreneur with a pair of balls the size of Arkansas. He usually looks into these kind of things if they have potential. He might be able to make your dreams come true.

Don't put this down just because you dont have any balls

You're right. I shouldn't have ignored this so quickly, now that I've read it a bit more indepth I can definitely see this is a good idea.

Also, I think making it a crossover with Final Fantasy would be a great idea and open the roleplay to a wider audience.

Posted

isnt that basically what the OP said went wrong with the first few RPs? It was too "open" and had too many cross-overs.

Also, I dont think FF would be a good fit for Zelda anyways. FF itself isnt even a good cross with it's other incarnations. Some FF is fantasy. Some is steam punk-ish, and some is almost Sci-fi!

Agencereurich likes this