College Woes

152 posts in this topic

Posted

It's pathetic how little I have to do now that I'm on campus. ffffuuuuuu

I'm rooming with a girl I don't know and she's got a completely different friend group. She's gone most of the time so I have the room to myself, but I'm so lonely. .___. I've literally only had 3-4 hours of social contact today.

Last year I had two roommates that I was really bro bro with, and I was going to room with one of them again but she transfered schools.

we used to do everything together mannnnn.

Hey guys, lemme hear your college/school woes as well.

/LETS SHARE FEELS

Duseindunlids likes this

Posted

roommate issues. i wanna be out of here, and i wanna be out of here now.

dont put type A and type B people in the same room, guys. ever.

Posted

I'm wasting money, drowning in debt, pissing away my life, and I have nothing to show for it. I couldn't tell you what I learned in the last year.

Posted

3-4 hours is like my absolute max in a day lol

Posted

Maybe in the morning, I'm pooped.

My new illustration teacher so far is not living up to my previous illustration teacher, I will say that.

Posted

I have to work furiously in Calculus II, taking up most of any amount of free time I have other than when I get home, which causes me to stay up later like I am now, which I should stop doing and will, which will cause me to have no free time, because I stay in the library of our campus until closing time at 9:30pm to do homework. This weekend after I saw kaffles off at the airport, I did calculus, got stuck on one problem for four hours, going into a deep and furious existential breakdown, slept, woke up four hours later via phone's alarm I forgot to turn off, did calculus, went home, recited calculus information, then slept. I mixed it up today and did homework from other classes. It is to get my GPA to higher than 3.0 so my transfer application will look better. I'm also stressed about being accepted to transfer into my college of choice, so hopefully that will go well. But then I'm also running an anime club and have to get that structured by like, tomorrow. I am also trying to complete this game I'm making so I can buy the floppy disks they'll be distributed on within the next three months, or I might have to find a new supplier. I might also get a job, but I'm stressed both about not getting one and about getting one and not having enough time for calculus. There's a test this week. I've been doing pretty bad at the quizzes, and by three of them I have a class average of 43, but I get better by the week and I feel stronger in it every day, and the quizzes are only 2% of our class grades, so I could still finish with a 97+, with my extra credit, best case scenario. I'm probably going to ace the test, hopefully, if I don't make stupid mistakes. I also have to move a topic into the appropriate section and OH YEAH.

My biggest problem at the moment is that my girlfriend is not citing the lack of being near her boyfriend as a college woe.

oh also my girlfriend is away at college /cry ;-; it's only been like four days I miss her so much

Posted

I'm trying to make it so that I can get deported with Rika to Scotland instead of just studying abroad.

It's kind of a hard thing to do

Posted

Knuckle what. Are you really trying to move abroad with your internet girlfriend. Am I understanding you rightly.

Posted

I'm unmotivated, I wait until the last minute to do things. Homework, projects, reading.

I want to do nothing but train for triathlons. I am actually overtraining and I can't sleep at night. I can't sleep unless I've exercised and even when my body is exhausted my mind is restless and I get a shitty night's sleep. Make that into weeks and I am just so so tired.

I stepped on a scale yesterday and learned that I had gained nearly ten pounds. This is okay because I am lifting weights, but the girly part of my brain freaked the puppy out. I am not overeating at all.

I am sapping money of my parents' bank account and I feel like shit for it every single day. I am always stressed about money. I never spend anything on myself except for food and triathlon things.

The one class I thought was going to be cool turned out to be a heavy linguistic theory class. I am not a linguistics major. I have taken two linguistic classes, one in English, the other in Spanish. Both were intro level. I am struggling to keep my head above water.

I never know what I am doing for dinner. Sometimes I skip dinner entirely.

Although I limit my time to internet leisure, I still waste an inane amount of time.

Really my main problems are with sleeping and motivation. idk

Posted

Last semester, I ignored my adviser's advice to not take Electrical Physics, Calculus II, Chemistry, and Engineering 112 (a programming class) at the same time. I heeded her advice to take Engineering 112 instead of Comp. Sci 121. Turns out that all of those classes are really freaking hard and time consuming, so I shouldn't have taken them all at once, and also that Engineering 112 is way harder than Comp. Sci 121. So I screwed up in both cases.

My GPA isn't that bad, it's a 3.1, but all of my scholarships require a 3.5, so I'm having to do without for at least this semester. That makes my wallet hurt a lot.

This semester, my Calculus III professor backed out at the last minute, prompting the university to replace her with a Greek professor who uses formal notation for everything, mumbles into the board, and basically assumes that we already know Calculus III.

This is going to be a long semester.

Posted

My biggest problem at the moment is that my girlfriend is not citing the lack of being near her boyfriend as a college woe.

oh also my girlfriend is away at college /cry ;-; it's only been like four days I miss her so much

I sorry allen ; ^ ; I miss you tooooooooo!!!!! </3

biggest college woe

Posted

Last semester, I ignored my adviser's advice to not take Electrical Physics, Calculus II, Chemistry, and Engineering 112 (a programming class) at the same time. I heeded her advice to take Engineering 112 instead of Comp. Sci 121. Turns out that all of those classes are really freaking hard and time consuming, so I shouldn't have taken them all at once, and also that Engineering 112 is way harder than Comp. Sci 121. So I screwed up in both cases.

My GPA isn't that bad, it's a 3.1, but all of my scholarships require a 3.5, so I'm having to do without for at least this semester. That makes my wallet hurt a lot.

This semester, my Calculus III professor backed out at the last minute, prompting the university to replace her with a Greek professor who uses formal notation for everything, mumbles into the board, and basically assumes that we already know Calculus III.

This is going to be a long semester.

oh gawd, i understand the pain. i didnt pick a track until this semester, so im playing catchup for my track. this means re-taking bioe 205 (circuits/signals), which i bombed (barely) last semester (AND had to get overridden to get in), cs 125 (java) which i also had to get an override for, cs 173 (logic/math?), bioe 301, which is like basic mechanics crossed half-heartedly with anatomy, and me 300, which is thermodynamics.

im sitting on 17 credit hours out of the maximum 18, why did i do this to myself again after last goddamn semester whyyyyyyyyyyyy

and college math is always just hrnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh awful.

oh, and i can never focus in my room. ever.

Posted

It also doesn't help that I'm lying to my family and pretending to go to class because I can't face the fact that I can't afford college. I owe 2000 right now to the school and I have no way of paying for it. The best part? Even if I drop the classes, I still have to pay the money.

Yeah, college is great.

Posted

Knuckle what. Are you really trying to move abroad with your internet girlfriend. Am I understanding you rightly.

What if I am? ;)

Posted

What if I am? ;)

If you were then I would actually be a little scared and creeped out. But you're not that ridiculous.