Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"The Zelda Project"

17 posts in this topic

Posted

The zelda project is a website I just found that I felt the need to share, being that this is, after all, a zelda fansite. I found it just now when I saw a peculiar bit of zelda fan art floating around the deviant art front page. A notably rare occurrence to find anything of value on the front page of deviantart, although this is fan art after all, but I digress.

"Welcome to The Zelda Project

The Zelda Project is a Los Angeles, CA based group of fans who seek to bring to life the characters, settings, and overall feel of Ocarina of Time through photography and film.

A labor of love, this project combines all aspects of art from costuming & photography to CGI visual effects. Our end goal is that we hope those of you who view our work are brought a little bit more into the world of Hyrule through our art."

In other words, it looks like a big fancy elite zelda fan community with an emphasis on art of the zelda universe. Specifically photosets, They look legit enough that they can make a piece like the thing below:

tzp__returning_to_lon_lon_ranch_by_adella-d5ekd6k.jpg

The work, which can be found on this deviantart page, details all the people who went into making this piece, from the model used to the make up artists to the prop suppliers to the horse trainers and so on and so forth. They seem to be a very capable team and community. But that's not why I'm mentioning them.

"Our ultimate goal is to create the characters as they would appear in reality to the best of our abilities, placing them in beautiful sceneries true to their Hyrulean counterparts, and creating elaborate photosets, as well as a film short (coming soon! Stay tuned for our Kickstarter project!)."

We're no strangers to zelda fan films and works. There was the famous "Hero of Time" Short movie we've all come to love, but don't forget the short films and rumors of zelda fan movies that pop up from time to time, like Whatever I'm pulling up from youtube right now:

I know there's one of a balding black haired guy who wanted to do a movie and LL posted it somewhere on the forums but I can't find it so I'm posting this for an example instead.

I'd love to say "Well, maybe these guys will do it better! Just look at that photo set!" But then I have to quietly remind myself of the numerous shots of points of interest on the horizon in Hero of Time, and how in terms of quality, they weren't far off from this. And then there's the fact that this is a fan film.

Bill Watterson had the option for complete, total control over a calvin and hobbes cartoon. What ever he said happened, happened. But he decided not to do it because giving voice to Calvin and Hobbes, or showing how they move when they're animated, would completely alter whatever canon the avid readers of his comic had built up over the course of it's run. He knew not every reader would agree necessarily with what he was showing on that level, and that was enough to convince him not to do it. This is one of the most inherent flaws of any fan made work; It's not the author who's saying what happens, but another fan, just like the viewer. If you disagree with what the author does, tough shit. It's their creative material. If you disagree with what another fan does to the author's work, what then?

Of course, that's just one pessimistic viewpoint of the idea of a zelda fan movie. Point is, Zelda live action is nothing new. What if they do a film, even if it's a short film? What if it's actually pretty good? What if it's actually hero of time level, if not worse?

Also I just felt like linking this as long as we were talking about fan stuff.

I think she's a cutie

Agencereurich likes this

Posted

gonna be cynical and say there is no waaaaay they're gonna make a full film.

Posted

Yeah I think so too. I'm just wondering what kind of quality they can get away with for a short film.

Posted

yer late, I found this last night so HA

I think the photography is really quite incredible though. The only thing that really pisses me off is that if you look under the people who "cast" for each character, you see that they have two OC's (original non-canon characters) that they deemed important enough to include in this. Like are you squidding me. No one cares about your stupid fantasieeees

Not that I have a problem with OC's in say, fan fiction but like. This is different.

Posted

Brittany (Fern)

fern_image02.png

"Brittany’s favorite game is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. So needless to say, being a part of this amazing project is thrilling! She started cosplaying in 2003 and thanks to that wonderful community has become the leader of the “SoCal Cosplay Gathering”. She and a very talented team put on annual cosplay events that bring in hundreds of cosplayers from all around the U.S. The costume she is most proud of is the one she hand-made entirely herself, Twilight Princess Postman. Silly side characters are often her favorite, so this was a no brainer. The Zelda Project will be her first large group cosplay and she is so honored to be a part of it!

Fern is a non-canon character created by Miranda Karathanos. Having been a long time fan of Fern, Adella chose to add her into the cast lineup along with the perfect model to portray her!"

Paul Chapin (Kamaro)

kamaro_image01.png

Paul, a healthcare professional in Orange County, is the "boyfriend drag-along" of The Zelda Project. Having never cosplayed much before, beyond just small costumes here or there with his fiancee, Brittany Walloch (Fern), he was excited for the opportunity to play the part of Kamaro. While Kamaro is not a canon character to the world of Ocarina of Time, his devil-may-care personality fit the liking of Paul quite readily.

Kamaro is a non-canon character created by Miranda Karathanos. Having been a long time fan of the character Kamaro, Adella chose to add him into the cast lineup along with the character of Fern, who is Kamaro's reluctant lover! Now, let there be no confusion here with the dancer Kamaro from Majora's Mask. This fan-made Kamaro was created before the game Majora's Mask was released to the United States, so naming coincidences are purely such. For more information on Kamaro, please visit here: Legend of Zelda: Advent of Darkness.

I made this thread because I wanted to talk about a zelda fan project I found on the internet.

I no longer want to talk about the zelda fan project I found in the internet.

Linox likes this

Posted (edited)

Ganny will be played by a black dude named Poncho.

Looks like Tomaz didnt make the cut

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

sigh...

Sometimes I'm like man I could probably recruit some low tier cosplayers and throw together a legit Zelda fan movie with some kids.

Posted

Can I be a baddie

Posted

You can be Darkfange Melcquior Avalon, a half-elf darkness mage.

Posted

Where is the Master Bazaar/Bizarre Cosplayer?

Agencereurich likes this

Posted

lets all make Zelda OCs! I'm the 4th goddess of the triforce who is also a cyborg raptor.

Posted

I'm unimportant person in castle town number seven thousand eight hundred ninety seven. I say "Look, mommy! a blue and yellow mouse!"

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I found another thing by them on dA.

tzp__link_and_malon_by_adella-d5g27sr.jpg

I think I'll just casually post their stuff as I find it by accident.

Posted

It's weird how I keep casually happening onto their stuff.

tzp__link_malon_epona_and_cuccos_by_adella-d5gs18l.jpg