Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor Who

157 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a bit confusing. You see, they kind of brought back the series as a reboot, but not exactly a reboot per se, and as a result season 1 starts with the ninth doctor. The eight past doctor's seasons are referred to as Classic Who. So yeah, just look for season 1.

Posted

okay thanks

Posted

If its between this and game of thrones watch game of thrones. Doctor who will be here for a very long time. Game of thrones really isn't as long as you think. 2 10 episode seasons, an hour each. And the 3rd is airing now.

Posted

So uh... That season finale...

tumblr_mn0equ6D7I1qaa5c1o7_500.gif

00_12_07_285_248401__UNOPT__safe_pinkie_

Posted

So uh... That season finale...

tumblr_mn0equ6D7I1qaa5c1o7_500.gif

00_12_07_285_248401__UNOPT__safe_pinkie_

I know, right!

From what I can gather

John Hurt plays the "Real" 9th Regeneration, he came after the 8th and before the 9th Regeneration seen in the 2005 reboot. He did something so bad that he isn't considered the Doctor

Posted

sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/dwjh.asp

Some interesting thoughts and theories on the matter. Pretty interesting.

Posted

There's something I've been thinking about this season that I've finally been able to put into words. I've liked it quite a bit, in no small part due to the freshness of Capaldi's doctor. Does this season seem to anyone else like... A best of Doctor Who 2005-present? Like each episode, with a few caveats, seems very similar to a prominent episode from the past.
Going through
Into the Dalek-Dalek
Listen-Blink

And other episodes have incorporated old ideas, characters, and concepts really well. Do you think this is on purpose? If it is, is it simply to give the new doctor a good platform season? Or maybe its something thematic having to do with the ongoing Heaven plot. What do you think?