Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor Who

157 posts in this topic

Posted

why is this not a thread already? Im almost done with season 6 and omg River Song is the most badass of badasses! Cant wait to start season 7!

Please use spoiler tags for major plot points, even if they are from season 1. It'd be nice to get some new fans in here without ruining the fun for them

Also, River Song is a BADASS!

river-song.jpg

just found out she is Amy/Rorey's daughter/childhood friend. UGH this is so cool!

who is your favorite character?

Posted

I'm currently watching through it. I watched series 5 and part of series 6 as they aired, but I stopped out of laziness. Near the end of August though I started watching from series 1. Just started series 4 today though.

Also, I prefer the word "season" when referring to collections of episodes within a series, but I think the difference is that in America you have television seasons, whereas I don't think we do as such. America shows tend to go from fall through to spring, whereas over here most shows will start and finish within that time period. So we don't really have a television season. Something like that anyway. So we call them series 1, 2, 3, etc. Whereas yeah, American shows are definitely in seasons. And I prefer the word season because it keeps people getting confused about what people mean when they say series, I guess. Though saying "series 1" is a giveaway as to what kind of series you mean.

Anyway yeah, Doctor Who is really good.

Posted

This is the first time that I actually get to see the episodes as they come out. All previous seasons have been marathons for me.

Posted

I just call them seasons outta habit, :-|

Posted

Yeah, and I call them series out of habit. Wasn't until the other day I bothered to find out what the difference was.

Posted

Teto should get his own show on TLC explaining stuff that doesnt actually matter. This sounds like sarcasm but im genuine.

"Teto: I know more than you" thursday nights at 8pm EST.

Posted

I wasn't challenging you or, or judging you, or showing off. I was just mentioning that trivia. Looking back, I didn't really have a reason apart from the fact that I just wanted to talk to people, and so I ended up saying whatever was in my head at the time. Just wanted to type into the internet.

I can see how me shooting off that information for no reason would be a bit confusing though from the perspective of someone who just wanted to talk about Doctor Who. I don't blame you for jumping to conclusions about my motives.

Nevermind though. Doctor Who thread.

Not sure who my favourite companion is. To be honest, probably Rose in a way. I probably preferred Martha as a person, but she always seemed so much smaller than Rose. Maybe Martha was my favourite, but Rose left the biggest impression. Donna's great though, I think she could maybe be a favourite, since she's more meant to be the Doctor's friend rather than a love interest from either direction, like Rose and Martha. Can't remember how I felt about Amy, since it was so long ago, and I never had any other companions to compare her to.

Posted

ive just recently been inducted on the latest season, so i still havent seen a whole lot or anything. though the darvek, just....hnnnnngh. though, to be fair, the only ep ive seen with them is the first one of this new season, but still. that one ep might have been my favorite :<

and i think what it is is that since hnet has a bunch of people from different countries, we get some terms thrown around that are actually native to that area, and change meanings across borders. basically, saying "season" is confusing from a UK perspective, whos "season" is what id call a "plot arc". but anyway.

Posted

I love Doctor Who!!!!!!

Posted

I wasn't challenging you or, or judging you, or showing off. I was just mentioning that trivia. Looking back, I didn't really have a reason apart from the fact that I just wanted to talk to people, and so I ended up saying whatever was in my head at the time. Just wanted to type into the internet.

I can see how me shooting off that information for no reason would be a bit confusing though from the perspective of someone who just wanted to talk about Doctor Who. I don't blame you for jumping to conclusions about my motives.

No i actually want to see that show. I wasnt being sarcastic.

Although River Song is the coolest character, Donna is by far my favorite. She was the funniest and most relateable imo. Rose and Martha turned into badasses as time went on but Donna was just a normal human and kept the Doctor in check.

And Amy is the hottest. :>

Posted

Rory.

Just...

RORY.

New_Rory.png

HE DA BES

Posted

I still dont get it--

is Rory human or plastic or what? if hes plastic, how did he have a child, and more importantly, why doesnt he use his hand-gun more often?

Posted

I'm on season 4 DONT SPOIL STUFF GAIS

but yeah. doctorrr whooooo. sometimes I'm like legitimately terrified while watching even if there isn't anything jumpy. Especially the mummy and the angels episodes.

fffuuuuuh

other times it's just silly.

Posted

Isn't the reason the new seasons are called series' is to differentiate them from the older ones? I mean, thats what I've seen everyone do, so if you're going to refer to every season from the 9th Doctor onwards we're going to have confusion.

You see, before SERIES 1 there were 26 SEASONS. They're all seasons in the sense of the word, but after Season 26 they've used SERIES as the way to refer to them. So yeah, if you're referring to series 4 or series 5 or whatever as season 4 or 5 I'm probably going to assume you're talking about the second doctor lol.

Posted

There is a house near where I live that has all these statues for sale. little statues like you would put in your garden or something.

There's a lot of angel statues...

Weeping_Angels_Animation_by_GlitchyProductions.gif