Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor Who

157 posts in this topic

Posted

Isn't the reason the new seasons are called series' is to differentiate them from the older ones? I mean, thats what I've seen everyone do, so if you're going to refer to every season from the 9th Doctor onwards we're going to have confusion.

You see, before SERIES 1 there were 26 SEASONS. They're all seasons in the sense of the word, but after Season 26 they've used SERIES as the way to refer to them. So yeah, if you're referring to series 4 or series 5 or whatever as season 4 or 5 I'm probably going to assume you're talking about the second doctor lol.

Don't know how they named shows in the time of the original run, but nowadays at least, we pretty much always call shows 'series' rather than seasons. Maybe the original run called them seasons because they mostly ran between Fall to Spring, like American television seasons.

I wish they just kept things simple and called everything seasons though. I mean, the shows don't run for the whole television season, but they are still all the episodes aired in that television season. So it's a season's worth of episodes, even if it's not a whole season's worth.

I don't know though. I am a bad tv show host.

Posted

calling shows series instead of seasons is just the British trying to be hip.

Posted

You mean succeeding to be hip.

Posted

that's probably true.

Posted

We call them seasons as well, but for Doctor Who we make an exception

Posted

Anyone else want to talk about how puppying awesome River is?

Also, no love for Rose? :< I am disappoint.

article-1345722345522-0ED3A84C00000578-91264_466x310.jpg

Posted

Rory-the-Lone-Centurion-Good-Man-Goes-to-War.jpg

DA BES.

Posted (edited)

Bad Wolf.

That's all I have to say in response.

You can't beat Bad Wolf. Best moment of the 9th Doctor's series, hands-down. In that moment, Rose single-handedly became the most badarse character in Doctor Who.

DW20051x13PartingOfWays1279.jpg

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

Guarded a box. For nearly 2000 years.

No way to heal any personal injuries. Likely to go insane.

Survived. Stayed sane.

Protected the box.

Why?

Because what was in the box was so precious to him that he had to keep it safe.

RORY WILLIAMS.

12_The_Pandorica_Opens_2-20100711-220944.jpg

DA BES.

Posted

No Martha is definitely the best companion

Posted

Martha is basically a watered down Rose. Martha is Rose Lite, or Diet Rose, if you will. DONNA WILL REIN SUPREME...!

Posted

Yeah that was me being dumb, I type the wrong name and didn't bother checking my post. I meant to say Donna :<

Posted (edited)

Since no one explained what happened to Rory.

Rory dies in one of the dreams from Series 5 Episode 7, Amy's Choice. When they encounter the "Dream Lord," which turns out to be the inner darkness of the Doctor himself.

In Series 5 Episode 12 the Doctor goes to visit the oldest cliff-face, which was during the time of the Romans. It is later found that Rory has been reincarnated into a Roman soldier, but because he died before he was born, he was never born and Amy did not recognize him at first.

River Song goes back to Amy's childhood home and finds that everything taking place is stuff Amy read in her childhood, pandora's box, roman soldiers, etc. Rory and the other soldiers are actually androids.

Rory kills Amy because he cannot resist the override that occurred to kill everyone, the Doctor puts amy in the pandorica as it will heal her. Skip 2,000 years Rory protects the pandorica, still being an android and all.

Skip skip skip skip skip

Doctor flies the pandorica into the TARDIS (it's blowing up into all reaches of the universe) to create Big Bang 2 but tells Amy that if she thinks hard enough she can bring her parents back. It doesn't really go into detail but this is where Rory is brought back to life, along with her parents.

Rory is no longer android but HUMAAAAAAAAAAAN.

That is why Rory is "da bes."

Which of the Doctor's companions is your guy's favorite?

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

Sarah Jane was pretty cool.

How many of you watched the original series?

Posted

I'm making my way through it.

As for my favorite companion, probably Rose, since I started the series with the Ninth Doctor. So she the first companion for me.