Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor Who

157 posts in this topic

Posted

General opinion of the ending.

Given the circumstances and the Ponds' relationship with the Doctor, the only way they would ever be separated would be forcibly. The Doctor doesn't like endings after all. Trapping them in a timeline scrambled inaccessible place is really the only way to truly separate them from the Doctor once and for all. It's the same with Donna and Rose, in that neither of them left by their own free will. And Martha only left because of how badly her family was left at the end of season 3.

This show totally wouldn't actually kill off such long standing and well loved characters, and the fact that they had such a convenient set up with the Doctor, and by the end of The Power of Three they'd been given the permission to choose a life with the Doctor over normal life. Given that, I think that trapping them somewhere is really the most fitting way to part them from the Doctor.

And unless there's time shenanigans, I don't see them every coming back. But there's always time shenanigans. They might make some sort of cameo, but I wont hold out too much hope, because I don't really want that to happen for drama's sake.

Posted

Oh damn, Eccleston back? Of all the living actors left he's the one I would have least expected for this episode. Dude is obsessed with not being typecast. But if he could come back that'd be great. Also I believe I saw some photo shoots a while back of doctor 8, Paul McGann, wearing 9's jacket with a new sonic screw driver, so maybe he'd get to be in something besides the movie and radio plays. And then toss in Meta crisis doctor from the alternate universe and we have the 50th anniversary The Four Doctors

Posted

Sorry but this is the most important thing we can note right now.

http://24.media.tumb...8nttzo1_500.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Christmas_special_(Doctor_Who)

No mention of Eccleston. Nor Will Mellor. Will Mellor's page on Wikipedia has him down as a Companion for 2012-present, but the companions page doesn't talk about him at all.

So besides that tumblr post, what else says it?

Posted (edited)

The Doctor gets his next companion in the next episode (Christmas Special) and it's not Will Mellor. Matt Smith has already confirmed who it is and also stated that most likely there won't be male only companion. Because the viewers like to see the doctor with a hot chick.

Details about the next companion.

4wXUu.jpg

Jenna-Louise Coleman, will appear in the Christmas special and will be the Doctor's new companion, after Episode 5 "The Angels Take Manhattan," when Amy and Rory depart.

Does she look familiar? Because she is...

DalekOswyn.jpg

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, I remember that it was going to be another girl. Wikipedia articles for episodes list the people he shares the episode with as companions. Like Wilf for The End of Time. Wouldn't be the same with a male companion really.

Posted

The Doctor gets his next companion in the next episode (Christmas Special) and it's not Will Mellor. Matt Smith has already confirmed who it is and also stated that most likely there won't be male only companion. Because the viewers like to see the doctor with a hot chick.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

seriously, i loved that ep. ill be more than happy to welcome her.

Michael likes this

Posted

oncomingstorm.jpg

hehe...

Teto likes this

Posted

557807_275440055892857_12695863_n.png

Switchin lives with Doc numero ten heeeeyyyy

Posted

According to this, I'm mortal enemies with a Silent.

The scary thing is that I could be, but I just can't remember it.

Posted

Blow up a building with Doctor One.

WHY DON'T I KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT HIM TO MAKE A BAD JOKE

Posted

I have to watch a marathon with Rose Tyler. Guess i'm in a parallel universe.

Posted

The last one

Posted

Finally caught up and OMG! AMY! RORY!

I yelped in he bar while i was watching it.