The best thing in the world!!!

post-16469-0-70954900-1354333278_thumb.j

Posted

Okay. As of this episode the sonic screwdriver needs to be retired

Posted

NEVER.

Posted

Okay. As of this episode the sonic screwdriver needs to be retired

You bite your tongue, Heathen! They tried to retire the Sonic in the classic who series and it didn't work out. The Doctor needs that bit Science fiction hocum to get out of though scrapes.

Posted

But it can literally DO ANYTHING. Its not a sonic screwdriver, its a magic wand. He literally uses it like an energy beam to block evil death screams this episode. And yeah they tried to get rid of it in the 80s because it was a crutch, and then eventually it came back, but good god... this is getting obtuse.

Posted

I think it's supposed to be a magic wand. Like that was always the intention. A magic wand from the sci-fi age.

Posted

But its not. Its a sonic screwdriver. Even since 2005 it was used better. Remember when the doctor was embarassed to tell jack who had a sonic beam gun that his sonic thing is a screwdriver? I mean for all intents and purposes it was just a tool from a more technologically advanced society that worked well in less advanced societies. And it was magic back in the day, sure, but it wasn't so overused

Posted

Yeah, you're probably right. Lol it reminds me, the japanese ads for doctor who bill it as the longest Tokusatsu series in history. A lot of toku in japan is pretty much predicated on how much merch it sells, so maybe they aren't so far off

Posted

wut the puppy is a sonic screwdriver? honestly. Its a sci-fi plot device the same way a magic wand is a fantasy plot device. Same concept, different package.

when you start over thinking Doctor Who, a children's show, then you've become retarded. Why dont you complain about how Adventure Time works now.

Posted

I don't buy the "Its a kid show" thing. Not for anything really. Kids shows don't have to talk down to kids, and can be entertaining for both. This is not to say that this factoid has ruined my enjoyment of the show or anything. Its just something that could be improved. Like a picard speech every episode. That gets a little annoying.

Posted

The newer writers on Adventure Time DO keep trying to explain how Adventure Time works. Lame ass mushroom wars and contrived character backstories.

But yeah, it's dumb.

Posted

Yeah, thats kind of a bummer. I didn't believe you before when you said adventure time was slipping. My bad. I feel like they came up with all this interesting backstory and stuff and then forgot to make it funny... Still think its an improvement in Venture Brothers though.

Posted (edited)

Venture Brothers got really weird in season three, especially in the finale. They were gradually reworking the show to have a different focus, I guess. Like the addition of Sgt. Hatred and Dermott and the killing of Henchman #24 made things weird, but like I think it was necessary. I think it was honestly think it was something like spring cleaning for season four, where it kind of got back to the basics of the show. They wrote themselves into a corner and them successfully (but not too gracefully) wrote themselves out of that corner. They started to focus waaaay to much on wise characters as the show went on. Then in season 4 it was almost a step backward (but in a good way). It focused more on the Venture Brothers and their growth as characters. Dean's little mustache thing annoys me, but whatever.

I mean there was a distinct point where the creators said "okay we aren't killing the Venture brothers any more. These ones are the last ones". It was kind of awkward when it was happening in the show, but whatever. The show is back on its feet again and will be funny again. It's a good show.

The backstories never bothered me too much in a show like Venture Brothers, though. Adventure Time is a different story because it's actually due to new writers. Futurama is a good example of a funny show with a good amount of serious backstory and real attachment and respect for its characters.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

No it's literally a kid's show. Ask any British person who watches it and they'll agree. In America it's all hyped up to be this special adult nerd thing, but no, it's a kid's show. the UK just makes kid shows better than America does.

It's NOT a show meant to be taken seriously, but any standard.