Hi! :D

26 posts in this topic

Posted

The controls worked a lot better for some things (the boomerang being a great example, but, come one, how can you still call it a boomerang if it goes in a million different directions? It's magical), but for the most important things, like movement and swordplay, it was a lot worse.

Utilization of the touchscreen for certain items in the next 3DS Zelda game could be amazing, if done right, but the game definitely needs to be more traditional and use the circle pad and buttons to control the action.

the magic boomerang has been in a lot of things, really. like i said, same stunt, oracle series. and i thought the sword was fine, really. dunno about spin attacks, because im just so lethargic about using them.

but hell yeah, circle pad. the controls worked fine for hourglass, i think, but 'tracks got to be a trainwreck with the two-on-one bosses. great idea, except that when youre painstakingly pathing out something for the armor, link is standing there like a lump and a half of useless. i wouldnt have minded if link was control pad-controlled, and switching to zelda disabled the--on second thought, it would have been much better to have zelda operate on the control pad, in general. i remember it was a quickslot or something, but i didnt use it that much, im p sure. other means could be used for the same ends, and a general rearrangement would have made those bosses less awkward.

urgh, those bosses.....if the controls didnt constantly leave link helpless, the bosses could have been more competent. the way i had to derp around to move zelda (my path drawing is horrible under pressure) link should have been dead five times over.

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

and holy crap, 14 times. the only game i can think of that ive played through that much would be....four swords adventures, actually. me and my bro, just....beasting that thing on roadtrips. so many roadtrips :,> though kid icarus is probably close enough, like.....how many times have i played through the earlier levels?

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality :lol2:

and I've never played 4 swords adventures <.< It must be pretty good! :D

Wait so you've played multiple zelda games and you liked phantom hourglass

Yes, the only Zelda games I haven't played are Skyward Sword and 4 Swords adventures. And yes, I LOVE Phantom Hourglass <3 It's kind of more story based compared to other Zelda games which is just "save the princess kill the bad guy". I love how they show the development of the characters, and hey, for a solid 2 years I had no other Zelda game to play other than Phantom Hourglass so I really grew attached to it. I still cry at the ending every time :') After I finish Spirit Tracks, I plan to do a total completion of Phantom Hourglass 0.0 I want to find every treasure map, every spirit gem, and so on XD

the magic boomerang has been in a lot of things, really. like i said, same stunt, oracle series. and i thought the sword was fine, really. dunno about spin attacks, because im just so lethargic about using them.

but hell yeah, circle pad. the controls worked fine for hourglass, i think, but 'tracks got to be a trainwreck with the two-on-one bosses. great idea, except that when youre painstakingly pathing out something for the armor, link is standing there like a lump and a half of useless. i wouldnt have minded if link was control pad-controlled, and switching to zelda disabled the--on second thought, it would have been much better to have zelda operate on the control pad, in general. i remember it was a quickslot or something, but i didnt use it that much, im p sure. other means could be used for the same ends, and a general rearrangement would have made those bosses less awkward.

urgh, those bosses.....if the controls didnt constantly leave link helpless, the bosses could have been more competent. the way i had to derp around to move zelda (my path drawing is horrible under pressure) link should have been dead five times over.

I KNOW RIGHT! :o I just got past Byrne, towards the end of tracks, and I HATED IT. The least they could've done is made Zelda faster when she's a phantom. Because Byrne is getting ready to do a major attack on me and I need zelda to get in the way! So I draw a path from her to him, and in the meantime Byrne hits me with everything he's got. And then OH! There goes Zelda waddling by 5 minutes later -.-

Posted

and I've never played 4 swords adventures <.< It must be pretty good! :D

I KNOW RIGHT! :o I just got past Byrne, towards the end of tracks, and I HATED IT. The least they could've done is made Zelda faster when she's a phantom. Because Byrne is getting ready to do a major attack on me and I need zelda to get in the way! So I draw a path from her to him, and in the meantime Byrne hits me with everything he's got. And then OH! There goes Zelda waddling by 5 minutes later -.-

4SA is a delicious little thing for the gamecube. only co-op zeldas i know of are four swords (gba) and four swords adventures (gc). because finding someone else with a copy and a link cable is so painful for the first, ive spent a good amount of time on the second. (admittedly, you need 2-4 gbas and the gc-gba link cords for 4SA for multiplayer) i wanna say me and my bros runthroughs are about eight hours? which is all the dungeons, etc.

thats if you know what youre doing, and dont screw around, like not using the medal on the cyclops, and instead trying to stab them all to death. and dont get me started on the village of the blue maiden. the first time me and my bro got there, we got stuck. horribly stuck. we had to have spent half the car ride just derping around trying to get out of that place.

as far as that boss.....i get the feeling that i scrawled circles with zelda in the hopes of her coming into contact with byrne, and then when i needed to, i just ran behind her using link, rather than bring her over, i think. my memory is really fuzzy though, its been a couple years since ive played it.

hrhgnhhhhhhhhh this really should have gone in the zelda section. what am i doing :<

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

4SA is a delicious little thing for the gamecube. only co-op zeldas i know of are four swords (gba) and four swords adventures (gc). because finding someone else with a copy and a link cable is so painful for the first, ive spent a good amount of time on the second. (admittedly, you need 2-4 gbas and the gc-gba link cords for 4SA for multiplayer) i wanna say me and my bros runthroughs are about eight hours? which is all the dungeons, etc.

thats if you know what youre doing, and dont screw around, like not using the medal on the cyclops, and instead trying to stab them all to death. and dont get me started on the village of the blue maiden. the first time me and my bro got there, we got stuck. horribly stuck. we had to have spent half the car ride just derping around trying to get out of that place.

as far as that boss.....i get the feeling that i scrawled circles with zelda in the hopes of her coming into contact with byrne, and then when i needed to, i just ran behind her using link, rather than bring her over, i think. my memory is really fuzzy though, its been a couple years since ive played it.

hrhgnhhhhhhhhh this really should have gone in the zelda section. what am i doing :<

Sorry for kind of getting things off topic :(

Posted

Welcome to the Hnet. Beware the potential of cancer we spread as a whole, and you should enjoy your stay.

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

Sorry for kind of getting things off topic :(

nah, im being a huge help for derailing things. we should go scamper off to the zelda section though, liven up the place ;>

Posted

nah, im being a huge help for derailing things. we should go scamper off to the zelda section though, liven up the place ;>

We should! :D

Posted

I never did get round to saying hello. Hello!

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

I never did get round to saying hello. Hello!

Hi! :D

Posted

Oh, yeah. Right.

Hello :]

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

Howdy. Glad to see a new addition to the community. =)

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this