Pokémon

96 posts in this topic

Posted

We don't have a Pokemon general thread? For shame. Just a bunch of discussion threads for Pokemon related stuff.

Anyway POINT IS. I just wanted to post about Pokemon a little but Talk and statuses are for people who don't want this forum to thrive. Deciding whether a topic is thread worthy or not is like choosing who lives or dies. Once you start, when do you stop???

Anyway I was playing through Soul Silver, but I've quit for a while. I'll go back to it eventually. Luckily I'm not so short into it that I would consider starting over if I picked it up again in a few months. Playing White just now though, since I've had two other goes at it, and stopped on route 4 both times. I'm just about at route 4 again now, but I'll soldier on.

Team just now, in order of preference, is:

• Wotter the Dewott, named for one of the suggested names for Oshawott before White was out, I think. I felt that it was a much better name than Oshawott.
  • Ziggy the Blitzle, named for Ziggy Stardust, that David Bowie thing, because of lightning bolts.
  • Okard the Pansear, named for one of Fagdraig!'s other internet names, because Pansear looks like a total stoner.
  • Phanta the Pidove, named after our very own Phanta... For some reason I can't quite remember.
  • Origami the Audino, because??? I don't remember that either.

But anyway that's all I wanted to mention, because in a way I just wanted to insult Fagdraig a little, and tell Phanta that he's cool enough to be a pigeon.

In fact I think I named the Pidove Phanta because pigeons are rats of the sky, and Phanta is Skyler. Not saying you're a rat though. Maybe I was saying you're a pest??? I can't remember. You're cool though and I like you, rest assured. I remember not being very happy with the name decision, but thought the "sky" connection would suffice.

I remember I called my Dratini from Soul Silver Drammony though, combining "Ammony" and "Dra" of Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite, and having the "Dram" of "Drama". It could also have been a slight joke about her dislike of alcohol since a "dram" is an alchol related thing, but that wasn't intentional.

Mareep was just Srebra, and I think I caught a Wooper called Pheo, and then proceeded to neglect it.

------

Posted

I've never been good at pokemon. I bought White last year early enough to get Victini, which is the main reason I managed to get so far in the game. Basically I would try to create a team, spending hours to level them up to an adequate level before heading to the nearest pokemon gym.

All of my pokemon are defeated by the gym leaders second or third pokemon and then Victini wins my battles. That's how most of my gym battles are carried out.

I'm also stuck in the caves before the elite four and I have no desire to go through a maze of tunnels when I have to stop every ten steps to fight a Zubat (or whatever the White equivalent of a Zubat is.)

And I wish there was an option to say "no" to other trainers. It's like there's this law in the pokemon universe that if you are challenged to a battle you are legally required to accept. Refusal to accept is punishable by law.

Posted

what about me

where is my happiness teto

Posted

That thing I started over the summer where I asked a bunch of Hnet people to send me pokemon and then play through the game with those pokemon is on hold. I'm at school and don't want pokemon to get in my way. but I had just beaten whoever was probably the fifth gym leader. He was the ground type dude. Just in case any of you are wondering.

Posted

what about me

where is my happiness teto

Maybe if I catch a good but average looking Pokemon I can call it "That one"

Your name doesn't lend it self as well to Pokemon nicknames.

I could call a Ponyta EDA though.

Posted

Would you call a moltress Pheo

Nah we all know you'd give that name to like trubbish or something i love you too

Posted

just use t1gger or t1ggles or something

Posted

Oh yeah, tiger related stuff. I'd totally want a tiger Pokemon, so there is this possibility.

I'm really only catching Pokemon I want to use just now in this playthrough. I'm slowly reverting back to my slower Soul Silver playing style though, with keeping all my Pokemon around the same level. They're all at either 20 or 21 in White at the moment, but I only have five. Not caught any more than that. I guess I've actually only caught three Pokemon, since two were given.

And Pheo I will totally make one of those for both White and Soul Silver as soon as I feel like it. I'll quote you in the OP too.

------

Would you call a moltress Pheo

Nah we all know you'd give that name to like trubbish or something i love you too

But you're already Wooper.

------

Also wAIT A MINUTE

I forgot to catch a Venipede. Scolipede was the whole reason I decided to pick White back up.

I'll give it a thought as to who gets the honour of being my (future) Scolipede.

------

Got my Venipede <3

Named it Knux because Knuckle bugs me.

------

Pokemon White:

WqJHY.png

Pokemon Soul Silver:

nqXQa.png

Posted

makin' trainer cards for my recent pokémons playthroughsss

Pokémon White

pokemonwhitecard.png

Pokémon Platinum (cba finding my platinum friend code atm so)

pokemonplatinumcard.png

also anyone who has a stunky/glameow can you trade me this weekend plz ;; when I'm home and in possession of wireless internet! otherwise my internet at my flat can't actually allow wireless connections lol

Posted

cbb3c5df433ed4af4d58f9b2000d5ae77990509a625b61ec9.png

Also I picked the wrong color for Hydreigon he's actually normal color not shiny.

Posted

Also Cascade, isn't there the big worldwide trading thing in Gen IV? Like the thing where you're like "I'll trade this for this" and stuff. Why arent you using that instead of waiting for people you know to trade them?

Do you want to name it yourself?

Posted

Because the trade offers on PGL are usually rubbish or impossible. I don't want to bother with it. Hnet is trustworthy and won't care about what Pokémon I trade over.

you sound so accusing lmao but anyways

Posted

Why do you think I'm panicking or accusing when I just want to ask questions u__u

Posted

And I wish there was an option to say "no" to other trainers. It's like there's this law in the pokemon universe that if you are challenged to a battle you are legally required to accept. Refusal to accept is punishable by law.

The reason why you suck so much is because you are avoiding fights. It's like playing Call of Duty and not trying to shoot other people.

Posted

When you've just fought your way through a cave and all of your pokemon have either fainted or are close to fainting it's only common sense that you would much rather walk straight to the pokemon center to heal them. Do you want to battle with someone the moment you exit the cave? No? TOO BAD.

HAVE FUN WAKING UP IN THE POKEMON CENTER IN THE TOWN BEFORE THAT CAVE.