Random Trivia About Yourself

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Eh, not sure where else something like this would go. I just thought this would be a fun little thread where we could all share little tidbits about ourselves that others might not necessarily know, and likely would never need to know for any practical reason.

So I'll start, lesse. . .

I have situs inversus totalus, which basically means the positioning of the organs in the thorax and abdomen are mirrored across the sagittal plane, and the organs themselves are mirrored from how they usually look. The nerves, lymphatics, intestines, and blood vessels are all also mirrored. For example, it means that rather than my heart, stomach, and spleen being on the left side, they're on the right; meanwhile my liver and gall bladder are on the left side of my body rather than the right. Kind of weird, but doesn't really have much affect on my overall health.

I have a horrible phobia of bees.

I enjoy working with children.

I'm ambidextrous.

Posted

Return to the mirror world from whence you came, vile creature!

Also if you write with your left hand, does that mean you're right handed?

And is your brain mirrored too?

Posted

What the puppy Treemo. That first thing you said was really puppying cool. (too lazy to quote)

And you're ambidextrous. One of my roommates is ambidextrous but it's really, really rare.

I feel so lame.

Anything cool about me... :|

Well, I'm really really really nearsighted. Borderline legally blind. Luckily, I can still get vision correcting laser surgery, and hopefully when I graduate from college since my eyes have finally stopped getting worse. For those of you who wear glasses/contacts, my prescription is -7.00 in the left eye and -6.75 in the right. When I take off any vision correction, I am pretty much helpless :<

I have mixed parents, but everyone already knows that.

I've been to four continents: N. America, S. America, Europe, and Africa.

I'll add to this later when I think of more stuff. I am feeling pretty silly rn

Posted

Wait I totally forgot about the ambidextrous thing. You're both handed. Symmetrical things have no mirror image.

Forget I said anything.

Posted

And is your brain mirrored too?

To my knowledge, it doesn't effect anything in the cranium/head. Doesn't effect the skeletal or muscular system, either.

As for the ambidexterity, I usually tend to write with my right hand, just because then I don't have to hold my paper at a weird angle. When I write on something like a board (smartboard, whiteboard, chalkboard, etc.), though, I'll just use whatever hand is most convenient at the time. If I'm drawing, I'll tend to use both, depending on what I'm doing.

Regardless, my handwriting's crap no matter which hand I use. So either way it's borderline illegible.

Posted (edited)

I have a unique condition where my joints do not form cartilidge over time. This means almost every joint I have would be 'double jointed'. I have been able to roll into a ball like samus at one point. Also my doctor says I can never get Arthritis.

I am over 6 feet 5 in height.

I can force my left eye to become out of sync with my right eye and start moving them separably.

I can regulate my own heartbeat and how much light my eyes intake without squinting and manually adjust the iris.

Edited by Luneth Uchiha (see edit history)

Posted

I am over 6 feet 5 in height.

I can regulate... how much light my eyes intake.

I am six feet nine in height so suck it everyone else

It's called "squinting"

I'm really really interesting, just looks at all these fun facts about me!:

• I don't like sharing random XD facts about myself...

See, wasn't that kooky?

I feel like jtrk would love this thread

Posted

I'm a triplet!!!!! omg deal w/it

Posted

i have a slightly webbed 2nd and 3rd toe on my left foot.

i am not an interesting person sorry

Posted

Well, I'm really really really nearsighted. Borderline legally blind. Luckily, I can still get vision correcting laser surgery, and hopefully when I graduate from college since my eyes have finally stopped getting worse. For those of you who wear glasses/contacts, my prescription is -7.00 in the left eye and -6.75 in the right. When I take off any vision correction, I am pretty much helpless :<

I thought my vision was bad, with both my eyes at -5 on my contacts prescription. I can only imagine your eyesight, as I'm scared of walking around without glasses or contacts. You are much more brave than I am, though. I'm scared of getting laser-eye surgery. =<

Lets see...interesting facts...interesting facts...

- Um. I'm very good at beer pong? Especially at the last cup. (Not really a real-life skill, but hey.)

- I feel way more comfortable with performing music by myself rather than talking in front of an audience.

- Although I'm right-handed/footed, I tend to do better in lefty position in baseball when at bat, and goofy-footed when riding a skateboard.

- I am almost positive that I am hemophobic, as well as aichmophobic. I am squeamish when it comes to blood, gore, and needles. In real life, at least. I can deal with it in video games and some movies. However, if you guys have ever played Dead Space 2 with the needle towards the end...that got to me. I had to get a friend to do that for me.

Posted

Cirt, when people ask "how many fingers am I holding up?" are you one of the people who actually can't tell?

And you run triathalons.

Posted

Okay let's see here...

I have like 12 different t-shirts with some variation of the Abbey Road album cover, ranging from Star Wars to Popeye to actual beetles.

I once managed to walk a friend through a Portal 2 test chamber with only the xbox voice chat and pure memory.

And...

God I'm very unremarkable.

However, if you guys have ever played Dead Space 2 with the needle towards the end...that got to me. I had to get a friend to do that for me.

Step 1: Crawl into the dark machine.

Step 2: The screws go tight, all around.

Step 3: Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.

poor-pony2-a.gif?1329042133

Oh god...

Posted

Was that something that actually happened in the game? I should play it.

Posted

Cirt, when people ask "how many fingers am I holding up?" are you one of the people who actually can't tell?

And you run triathalons.

Yes. My vision begins to get blurry approximately 5-6 inches from my face. If you were to stand 5 feet away and hold up your fingers, it would take me a moment to distinguish them.

The "how many fingers am I holding up?" thing doesn't really work anyway, since only the clarity of far away objects are distorted. So like, I can distinguish fingers easily because the color of your hand is very different from your surroundings. That's why vision tests are letters, because the ability to see the finer characteristics of letters (three prongs of an "E," the tail of a "Q") eventually becomes impossible. If you stuck your head underwater ad opened your eyes (without goggles), that's pretty much how I see lol. To that point of blurriness, if not more.

Posted

I'm almost completely unremarkable.

I literally can't think of jack shit trivia to post about myself.