Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Admin Woes

6 posts in this topic

Posted

After taking a look at Saha's thread it made me think a little bit and it turns out that I do also have a couple of things I'd like to point out, and I didn't want to hijack his thread so I figured I would just come here and start this one...

I know a lot of stuff Saha or I do goes unnoticed or no thanks given were due, I personally am ok with this and accept this I can't force you all to like me or anything I do around here. I like that I'm able to provide somewhere for all of you guys and girls to come together and converse. But it hurts me that when Saha or I ask for feedback on something it goes unnoticed or it seems like no one cares.

Please remember that we are giving you all a chance to help shape this forum and community, this is more than what other websites offer, unfortunately this does not guarantee that what you suggest will actually happen, but it gives us an idea on what you want and how we can build upon that.

Something that also comes to mind is drama. I do not pay $100+/month out of my pocket and my time to host a drama forum. I know we aren't perfect but last time it got way out of hand, as some of you saw. I'm not here to hold your hands. I think by this time in our lives most of us can call ourselves adults. Some of us have been here since we were just teenagers and now we've all grown up, but I see that we still tend to have some petty hate/problems. I'd like to think we are all a family, after all how many of us have stuck around here for year after year? So please try and act like adults. Note I'm not saying people are causing drama now.

Although I know I don't get much out of this other than like I said earlier, being able to provide a place for all of you to converse, but a quick and simple "thank you" is always welcomed. You should all make it a habit of just telling people around you "thank you," even for the littlest things, a simple thank you can brighten the darkest days for some people, or just be their snickers bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hF6_VdVlk

So to all of you, thank you.

Chimetals likes this

Posted

I'll keep in mind to use the like button some more. I know that on another forum I visit, instead of a like button, they have a "this" button, which they put in to avoid people saying the same thing over and over. For here I think it'd work well, but for the reason of getting people to give feed back at all. A third forum I go on has ratings like agree, disagree, funny, winner, dumb, informative, etc, but I don't think it's necessary to go that far.

If anything I guess it's nice to at least like the post of someone to show your gratitude. People are probably already doing that though.

I don't tend to thank you enough either, for some reason. I guess I don't really think about it. But thank you, and Sahaqiel, and anyone else who might do any amount of work towards the wellbeing of the forum. People who try to find new ways to increase activity or keep down drama. Mostly you two though.

Also, tad bit unrelated, but thinking back to my thread where I argued with you over your moderating style, in retrospect it wasn't really a problem big enough to warrant much of a reaction. I guess I just wanted to show off again. Sorry about that.

Posted

I still retain that I think you jump the gun on a lot of issues, but I do appreciate the effort you put into things. It would be better if you communicated on the forums more, but I'm sure you're busy making the money that keeps our forum alive. Thanks for everything. Hang in there, Tappy.

Posted

I still retain that I think you jump the gun on a lot of issues, but I do appreciate the effort you put into things. It would be better if you communicated on the forums more, but I'm sure you're busy making the money that keeps our forum alive. Thanks for everything. Hang in there, Tappy.

Posted

I was surprised to see the $100+/month. I knew hosting a website cost money, but not that much money. So thanks, I love this site and its community and I really appreciate the work you put in, even if I don't always understand just how much.

Posted

same as aethix, i didnt think it was so much ;n;

you have all my love forever, tappers, thank you.