So I bought a laptop yesterday

8 posts in this topic

Posted

And am using it right now to type this.

I've been gone a while. A long while, but I don't think it's been the longest of my absences.

I feel like I shouldn't have even typed the url in the first place, but I miss a lot of the old stuff that went on here. I want to come back, but I need a reason, and nostalgia isn't going to cut it for long.

So I think this'll be a bit of a test-run of whether or not I'm willing to try to stay, because every other time either the site was nearly dead or there were stupid arguments everywhere.

I'm 19 now, I have a job and still live at home. Not yet in college, want to be soon. I play mostly Xbox, but now I have this decent machine I think I'll get some more use out of Steam than before (TF2 in particular). PC will probably never become my choice of gaming, because of all the people I only know from Live. I hold true to the opinion that PSN blows :/

Anyways, I'm back now, and probably will be for a while, but I won't know that until I try, right?

Oh yeah, do you guys still prefer Skype over the chat, or do people still actually get on there often?

I wonder which signature I'm using?

Posted

Skype chat is quite inactive now. Or at least I don't look at it a lot anyway. Chat's probably back to being the place to be though, not that I'd know.

Posted

DARK_ONE

welcome back!!! O: yay for getting a new laptop! wasn't your old one like horribly broken and stuff?

and yeah, IRC chat is usually really active nowadays. maybe not because everyone goes there but because the people usually on are talkative busybees. Some people still talk on skype but it's very sporadic. forum's been way more active for the past few months so, lotsa places to talk (o: enjoyyyy, it's cool to see you back!

Posted (edited)

Cas <3

Yeah, the old one kinda fried itself trying to update the BIOS :<

If IRC's the place to be, I'm gonna go get mIRC real quick

I was worried Teto'd be the only person who cared, and all he did was answer my question :<

BTW, my new laptop's a sexy beast for only costing $380 at Best Buy

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)

Posted

Oh yeah, do you guys still prefer Skype over the chat, or do people still actually get on there often?

I wonder which signature I'm using?

i guess IRC is more active, but again, like pokemon, some people only show up in skype.

Posted

Some people here play tf2 aswell, welcome back dark one.

Posted

Dark One! Only a hundred some odd posts and yet still one of the memorable members to ever remember! Lots of us play tf2. Feel free to join us whenever.

Posted (edited)

Pheo I've missed you :>

And Tappy and the person I'm assuming based on other posts I read to be Chimetals

But yeah, I work 3rd shift, so the only times I'm able to do anything is 8 am-2 pm weekdays and 8 am friday - 2 pm sunday.

Hope there's a lot of night owls, haha

And I have a lot of you on Steam already, and am in the Hnet group, but there's a lot of people I haven't added yet. I'm gonna go do that now, I think.

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)