Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Persona 4 Arena

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't be the only persona who plays this game for 6 hours with his friends can I? Its a lot of fun. My Main is Kanji, because I think he is puppying perfect, and I can also sub with Chie, Yosuke, and Elizabeth. But really the ass kickings are with Kanji

P4U_Kanji_Portrait.png

Posted

this is more for cas and anyone else, since you already know this:

main: Yosuke

Yosuke.jpg

though i can also play as Yukiko (for when i need a zoner), and i plan to work on Yu, as a versatile character.

Posted

I'll get to play with you guys soon... around 2020 maybe... that might be wishful thinking for an early European release date though... you know what Atlus is like...

(will most likely main as Mitsuru/Yukiko)

Posted

mC9iC.png

Can anyone read what this says? it shows up on the back of Kanji's shirt when he does a Burst, but we couldn't tell what it said. The left and right are the same, its just that it changes depending on which way he is facing.

Also we totally played from like 9 to 1:30. It is still kinda awful playing on a ps3, because I am not limited by not knowing what to do, but by an inability to do it due to input errors on a ps3 controller.

I also developed the ultimate technique known as "only use my DP"

P4Arena_Kanji_BD.png

Posted

mC9iC.png

the left one is how its supposed to look, and i think its a joke, as that kanji is the first character in

1f47ced20ca842dc518f707c5a05c2e7f115c7b6.jpg

Posted

yeah we figured it out

解らんのか!!この戯けが!

Yeah that's copied wrong (the top radical is all sorts of messed up) but it's the kanji for "kan".

It's not common Japanese but it actually is actually another way to write man. I want to say it's pretty classical (which is why it's not commonplace now). All I know for sure is it's part of a loooooong historical joke as far as fighting games go. I get the feeling the Arc team, being as nerdy as they are about these things, are making a reference to that (especially if it appears on his back).

・・・・すごい漢だ。

Posted

so Cascade you own this game and we haven't played yet.

Posted

Bumping thread for Cascade and Muff:

Posted

Oh puppy

Posted

so by the time me and cascade finally play p4a together, they will have added new characters

how do you feel about this fact cascade

なべ likes this

Posted (edited)

It's becoming glaringly obvious that this is actually a sequel, now that I've seen more screenshots.

These should only really be spoilers for anyone who hasn't played P3, P4, AND P4A. But most is based on speculation from me.

p4a-do-14.jpg

Tartarus is back, but, it might not be the original one from P3 (or atleast its moved) because:

p4a-update-7.jpg

There is now a new Tartarus looking structure sprouting up from behind Persona 4's Yasogami High

(Original P4A art without the tower)

2078091-0805.jpg

Also if you can't tell from the above screenshots, the dark hour is back.

Other factors:

-The new character select screen

-The GUI is blue even when player 1 is playing as a P4 character

-The Tournament is now the P-1 Climax, not the P-1 Grand Prix

This is all just based on visual observation from me lol, but everything looks pretty awesome, I'm interested in whatever possible new story there is.

I believe one news site reported it as an update and most people who re-reported the same story used the same wording. Half of the articles are using either sequel or update

I'm not ruling everything out though, it could STILL become dlc for the console versions.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)
なべ likes this

Posted

Posted

So I have this game now. 

T1g likes this

Posted

which console?