Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tokusatsu

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Tokusatsu, or special effects, is a prominent Genre in Japan and encompasses such popular shows as Super Sentai (From which Power Rangers is derived), Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and many others, as well as the Godzilla, and by extension all Kaiju films.

Come here to ask and learn about, share, or recommend any Tokusatsu you feel the world should know about.

Posted

I made a thread about this like a year or so ago and it didn't go very far. :<

Posted

Basically, I wanted to make a post just to ask if you meant "Kaiji" and not "Kaiju", because I could totally go watch some Kaiji and then have an actual opinion on this. Also, is this genre just live-action? Because "special effects" sounds dumb, but very much something the Japanese would name something.

Posted

I enjoyed kamen rider kiva. the main characters shirt was freakishly appropriate for all the episodes, too. symbolism everywhere.

ive watched a bit of kamen rider fourze, but since earthy spoiled somuch for me, itll be a while before i finish it :/

Posted (edited)

Basically, I wanted to make a post just to ask if you meant "Kaiji" and not "Kaiju", because I could totally go watch some Kaiji and then have an actual opinion on this. Also, is this genre just live-action? Because "special effects" sounds dumb, but very much something the Japanese would name something.

kaiju=giant monsters, kaijin=Monster\mutant

Just action oreinted special effects laden live action extravaganzas.

One thing i'd kinda like to do if people would be interested is stream some of the toku on my computer. Like some cool old Showa Kamen rider. And Akibarangers. 13 episodes of AWESOME

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

Kamen Rider W was fantastic

Posted

I've only seen the movie. Gaia memories or whhatever? Seemed pretty cool. The new Kamen rider series is out now actually, Wizard and I'm rather liking it so far. Cool designs if nothing else. Also it is very...fabulous

Posted

TOUCH, PLEASE.

i just....i cant take that thing seriously.

Posted

Yeah. Isn't it great?

Posted (edited)

:shutup:

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

I have made an acquisition. I am now the proud owner of the original Ultraman Series. I may or may not stream some episodes this weekend. Would anyone be interested in this Toku classic?