I am Tappy AMA (IAMA Hnet Version)

15 posts in this topic

Posted

LL is requesting more info about me for his pokemon covers so I figured I would do a IAMA for you guys. Please keep the questions somewhat appropriate :)

For those who don't know "IAMA" is popular on Reddit is it used to get celebrities to answer questions from the public. Since I'm super famous here I figured I would let you guys also chime in on any questions you may have.

go!

Cirt likes this

Posted (edited)

What are your top 6 favorite games?

In no particular order

1. Journey (This is the exception as this is truly my #1 favorite game) I did a review on my other site a while ago: http://www.gam1ng.com/forums/topic/57-journey/
  2. Minecraft
  3. Borderlands Series
  4. Torchlight Series
  5. Super Mario Galaxy Series
  6. Ocarina of Time I've beaten it countless times on N64, including a 3 heart challenge, but seem to lack the care/need to complete it on 3DS

Edit:

I am more of a PC gamer than I am a console gamer. I've never had a console outside of nintendo up until last year when I go both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, though I only have 3 physical games between the two. While I some download games on the PS3 (Borderlands, Trine, Journey)

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

lol. I've never beaten OoT.

What are your hobbies?

Not very many hobbies here but I'm working on broadening my scope. Generally PC repair, don't really do this as much as I used to but my current job is working for a school district doing on all the PC repairs and equipment installs.

Cooking, I like to cook when I can (unfortunately not very often). I do make some good salsa though.

Web Design and development (Hyrule.net and some of my other sites).

Linux server administration, all websites run on servers, which need to be maintained by people. In this case Hyrule.net is on one of my servers and I am the one that make sure that it's always working properly, which can prove to be difficult at times.

Posted (edited)

I have a few other sites on the same server. The bill is around $150/m but Hyrule.net takes essentially 70-80% of the resources and I've slowly been moving the other sites to their own servers so hnet can have more breathing room.

I don't really have time to do anymore projects than I already have on my plate, sorry. Perhaps when I check some of these projects off my list we can talk.

Posted

Okay, cool. I am working on in idea for you now. BTW, only you and Kimmy get your own covers

Cool :)

Posted

because seeing only two people talking is making me sad:

are there any characters (tv, videogame, whatever) that still haunt you? the kind you dont think youll ever be able to forget, for whatever reason? (and who?)

Posted

This isn't a question but yesterday I was scoping out my mom's wine cupboard back home and there was a bottle from Paso Robles, CA.

Made me think of you :>

(fyi: Tappy went to HS in Paso Robles)

pheonix561 and Michael like this

Posted (edited)

because seeing only two people talking is making me sad:

are there any characters (tv, videogame, whatever) that still haunt you? the kind you dont think youll ever be able to forget, for whatever reason? (and who?)

Amnesia the Dark Descent, that game was some scary shit when I played it. Sad thing is it wasn't even the full game, nor have I played it since. Recently couple of movies kinda scared me pretty good: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Am7i7uM9r0," and Silent Hill Revelation. I usually don't have a problem with scary movies but these two creep me out.

As far as characters: Weeping Angels.

This isn't a question but yesterday I was scoping out my mom's wine cupboard back home and there was a bottle from Paso Robles, CA.

Made me think of you :>

(fyi: Tappy went to HS in Paso Robles)

Do you know what brand it is? I have a couple of friends who's parents who own wineries.

We are well known for wine here :)

I don't live in Paso Robles anymore but I still work there, so I've been in Paso Robles my whole life, 3 years ago I moved out of Paso.

Posted

So whats the deal with you and Arbys?

Posted

Have we not asked about movies yet? I like asking what childhood movies are your favourite, so how about that? And separately, favourite movies from any time.

Posted

oh yeah I forgot this was a thing

answer this pls!

Also about the wine thing, I can't remember what it was off the top of my head.

Posted

I think mainly because, jokingly, I overemphasized my liking of Arbys. I like Arbys but not like to the point where I LOVE it. Some of my friends would tease me about them eating Arbys and I played along with it. I'll act like I'm sad or something but it doesn't matter to me, and I assume those who are teasing me probably know this (I hope), because there is no Arbys near me.

Have we not asked about movies yet? I like asking what childhood movies are your favourite, so how about that? And separately, favourite movies from any time.

I liked most the Disney movies when growing up, we used to have all the classics on VHS.

For my general favorite movies: Marvel movies, Star Wars Saga, The Matrix Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Indiana Jones (with the exception of the last one), Back to the Future, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, The Green Mile, Gladiator, Finding Nemo, Bourne movies, Gran Torino, The Truman Show, Big Fish, King Kong, Jurassic Park.

I could go on but those are the ones that I could immediately name.

Posted

TIL tappy and I have similar movie taste

Michael likes this

Posted

One day I'm going to meet Ellen Degeneres and ask her to start playing Dorey for me.

Tappy is there any part of running Hnet that you particularly enjoy?

Posted (edited)

One day I'm going to meet Ellen Degeneres and ask her to start playing Dorey for me.

Tappy is there any part of running Hnet that you particularly enjoy?

I'm gonna have to be honest and say that it's hard to actually list something other than what I said in my Admin Woes thread:

I like that I'm able to provide somewhere for all of you guys and girls to come together and converse.

Hnet seems to have lost a lot of its charm for me since before and shortly after I started hosting it.