Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Free web hosting for you guys?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Would any of you be interested in free web hosting?

There would be no limitations other than the hardware being shared between other people, limit on file storage, let's say, 2-5GB per website.

Uses:

• Personal Blog or Website
  • Storage for School Files and Projects
  • You could install stuff like phpBB(Forums), wordpress (blog), etc.
  • Your own domain
  • Learn web design and web development

These are not hosted on the same server as hyrule.net and the server is no where near as powerful as it. It should be able to run a few sites no problem, and I can always expand if necessary. Should you actually need more resources for your website or w/e I can setup another little server just for your website for few bucks a month.

Reason I ask is because I have like 7 servers I was using for TF2 servers but I'm not really interested in managing all of those anymore so I'm taking 4 of them down and will have 4 empty servers.

Since this is free your url will most likely be something like yourwebsite.somedomain.com unless you buy your own domain, I can set the server up to have it work with it.

Posted

I would give you real life cash money if you could design a website for me on another server. I have the domain, but I am pretty much clueless

DO THIS DO THIS DO THIS

Posted

I might be interested. hit me up on skype tomorrow. going to bed soon.

Posted

I would give you real life cash money if you could design a website for me on another server. I have the domain, but I am pretty much clueless

I guess if you give me more info on what you want I can give it a try, can't promise fast results.

Posted

I'm interested so that I could learn how to do some web design and development. I know in the future that'll probably really useful to my career. So hit me upppp

Posted

See below.

I'm interested so that I could learn how to do some web design and development. I know in the future that'll probably really useful to my career. So hit me upppp

Do you want a specific URL? By defult I'll do yourusername.piehost.net so for you it will be cirt.piehost.net, but I can change it to whatever.

Posted

is it possible to change the url at any time or what?

Posted

i meant like, so i can secure the site and play around with it before I decide on a final name/url.

Posted

oh

Posted

is it possible to change the url at any time or what?

Yes, but I have to go into the config files and change it each time. I don't mind doing it once in a while, it takes a couple seconds but I don't want to be doing it every other day.

Changing URLs is stupid.

And Tappy. I need a webcomic site. I researched it only a little bit. I have a general design in mind and a general idea of the layout of pages. I just would need like the ability to add hundreds of pages by myself when I update it. And for these pages to be searchable, or to reload? I mean I need the site to know that the pages are being added. I forget what this is called, but it's a common problem with webcomic sites, I heard. And yeah, I would pay you for the design and general upkeep when necessary. feel free to say no. Thanks :)

You'll need a CMS (Content Management System) like wordpress, drupal or joomla. While you can install any of those I can only make themes for wordpress. Hyrule.net uses wordpress, you could probably get wordpress to the point it could act like a comic site.

i meant like, so i can secure the site and play around with it before I decide on a final name/url.

See above answer.

You can do that offline, I believe

Unless he needs PHP and mySQL

Posted

And Tappy. I need a webcomic site. I researched it only a little bit. I have a general design in mind and a general idea of the layout of pages. I just would need like the ability to add hundreds of pages by myself when I update it. And for these pages to be searchable, or to reload? I mean I need the site to know that the pages are being added. I forget what this is called, but it's a common problem with webcomic sites, I heard. And yeah, I would pay you for the design and general upkeep when necessary. feel free to say no. Thanks :)

I don't know for sure if it has everything you're looking for, but you might want to take a look at Comic Fury. I ran a comic on it for a few months before getting bogged down in schoolwork, computer problems, etc., and I think it's pretty good for webcomic hosting.

Posted

Here is a webcomic plugin for wordpress: http://webcomic.nu/

Posted (edited)

I think so

I'm not sure what your skype name is so just message me when you're on?

I will try to research stuff so we can have conversations that I understand. I will PM you?

Just PM me whenever you're ready.

Couple of updates:

The default domain I'll be using is piehost.net so your url will by default be username.piehost.net unless you want a different "username."

I also have gam1ng.me if any is interested in that, same thing as above, you just need to tell me you want this domain. Don't forget if you have your own domain you can use that too, just let me know.

With each site I'll be installing bootstrap on your website so you have something to begin looking at, looks like: http://i.imgur.com/B4EFp.png. When you get your FTP info, you're welcome to delete it.

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

Hey CO, wasn't there a comic you linked us all to and told us we needed to pick up a few months ago? I can't remember what it was or where to find it, but I remember there being a guy and a little kid says to him "are you a monster" and he's like "the very worst" "you don't look like one" "thats how you know." What was the comic.

Posted

Hey CO, wasn't there a comic you linked us all to and told us we needed to pick up a few months ago? I can't remember what it was or where to find it, but I remember there being a guy and a little kid says to him "are you a monster" and he's like "the very worst" "you don't look like one" "thats how you know." What was the comic.

That was me, and the comic is The Property of Hate. And it's still really good.