Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The External World

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm banking on the hope that that initial freezeframe thumbnail shot thing on the video will be enough to get you to watch this thing.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Well it was definitely interesting. If it wasn't for the fact I wanted to see what was so good I don't think I would have made it to even 8 minutes into the video before quitting.

Well animated though I suppose, with a great variety of strange ideas. If only that was enough to make it any good.

See, if this video wasn't animated as well as it is, and instead was the likes of asdf movies, you know, bog-standard Youtube shorts, then I doubt you would have bothered to post this at all. It would shrink into the realms of obscurity, where no pretentious art students could find it.

Posted

I love you too man

Posted

This is just

I'm nominating David Oreilly for new god of everything animation

"I'LL RELEASE THE LESBIANS!"

Posted

am i the only one who thought the piano instructor was andrew hussie

also yeah this is pretty stupid and I think I will agree with teto here

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Pheo you are not America's next top model.

You are the weakest link and you don't have the X factor either.

Posted

am i the only one who thought the piano instructor was andrew hussie

Now all I can think about is Andrew pistol whipping John with Slick's white Magnum.

I could have worded that better

Posted

yeah it's pretty but kinda boring and really long.

Posted

The silent, experimental nature it occasionally has definitely gives me a sort of pretentious vibe. And in an "I'm well animated and have crazy ideas so I'm better than all the other random comedy movies" kind of way. Occasionally, (in fact, more often than not) it is really stupid. It's well animated, but it declines into the asdf aesthetic. It's got good ideas in terms of design, but it's just really mindlessmost of the time. And not in a particularly enjoyable way. I'm not exactly bored, but it's like the creator is screaming "look how creative and interesting and random I am" with every new scene. Like asdf. And what is with the title? What does this have to do with the external world? Is it trying to tell me that the external world is really, really stupid, more often than not?

do you know what this makes me think of? If the asdf guy and the person who made Entropy teamed up to make a comedy. At a certain point I was just watching to hopefully redeem it. My face did not move in expression the entire time.

pheo, if you make videos about poop pooping poop so it can eat the poop with your knowledge of Blender, I won't know what to say to you.

Posted

Guys. Oh my god. You don't have to watch this and comment on how absolutely pretentious the guy who did it is. We can all see that he is. He pretended to be a nine year old on youtube and made a series about "Octocat," doing the whole thing in mspaint until the final episode, where suddenly everything was in 3D. When asked why he did it, he later mentioned that the idea came to him from reading the bible word for word backwards. Yes it's annoying. But it's also not difficult to enjoy this video regardless of the fact that the director is a nut. You don't have to read into it that far. Jesus Christ.

Don't watch this if you've decided that everything that has any kind of lol random xd existentialism in it is inherently awful or any kind of mindless humor is also awful.

Posted

Mindless humor isn't bad. As long as it's funny. And I don't think the director is a nut. I think he's trying to make people think he's a nut.

Posted

It's not hard to read into this pheo, it's pretty obvious it's pretentious. Anybody can tell you that at a glance. And because it literally reeks of pretentious art student with no original ideas, it's impossible to enjoy.

You're telling us to not think about it and just enjoy it. But what is there to enjoy? It's all just random bullshit, and when there's really nothing funny to it at all.

Here's how I see this. You've given us the ocean and when we say all we see is the ocean floor you tell us "Looking too far into it" and not seeing the water, the water being what there is to enjoy about it. But what you see is the ocean. What we see is a big empty pit with no water. You can't tell us to look at the water and not the floor, when the floor is all we can see.

Posted

I retain modesty in the face of praise. I alone feel this torment.

Posted

Sahaqiel played by Helena Bonham Carter.

Posted

Octocat was actually kinda cool imo.