Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The External World

30 posts in this topic

Posted

While this thread exists, I'm going to post this:

Also: I actually really like this one.

Posted

I can't remember who showed me that or who sent me that but I definitely remember it just by looking at the thumbnail. It was really good.

Posted

That was me pheo.

Posted

Get out

Posted

I really enjoyed that too.

Music by Kenji Kondo... So close :<

Posted

pheo

1. Sorry for being so hard on your video

2. Watch Genius Party and Genius Party Beyond. They're anime things by Studio 4C, and they're all pretty neat and strange. Dimension Bomb most of all, but there are plenty interesting things to made from it despite how confusing and abstract it is. It's meant to play like a dream or something, which makes it a little easier to watch, since if you're trying to get some kind of story out of it you're pretty much screwed. If there is anything it's just some moral you can extract from parts of it, or some kind of personality of the dreamer. Anyway, Genius Party and Genius Party Beyond. Short strange anime films. You might like them, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

If you're willing to watch it with Spanish subtitles (which shouldn't be a huge problem since there's not much speech)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXSZOfDos84

The part with the body floating around various environments is just strange and somewhat disturbing though I don't like it.

Posted

Yeah I didn't feel good for being like yea ur vid's bad. It really just ground my gears though.

Posted

I mean I went all

THIS IS SHIT AND MEANINGLESS TRASH

and then made a metaphor using the ocean

Posted

his video was bad so he should feel bad

Posted

Man it's cool, I felt like it wasn't as good as I thought it was initially the second time I watched it. Parts of it really made me laugh though, like the part where he beats the ghost back into the ferret thing. And I watched it a second time because I noticed parts of it later in the video effect parts earlier, like how when they're all on a train just sitting there the wall starts oozing red stuff from the side unexplained, and then towards the end of the video you see a giant head get hit by said train, so I thought it was supposed to loop back around itself in some places (but I guess it didn't very much aside from that).

Teto did you recommend Genius party to me once before? I feel like I had an interest in watching it but forgot what it was before I could look into it further.

Posted

Yes he did pheo. I was going to check it out before you told me it was way too deep and artistic for me.

I was about to fire up the torrent and everything.

Posted

people in the video keep trying to tell me that The External World is a deep and genius metaphor for how messed up society is

this is literally Entropy

Posted

really