Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guilty Pleasures

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Tormenting my friends by beating them in fighting games in the most insulting ways. Ways that insult their honor to the point that they demand rematches.

Its actually really hilarious

Posted

Tormenting my friends by beating them in fighting games in the most insulting ways. Ways that insult their honor to the point that they demand rematches.

Its actually really hilarious

My friend and I would play Tekken and he would always be Law, and whenever he beat me he would repeatedly kick up in order to keep my character in the air for as long as he could.

Posted

Yes its basically things like that. Its also winning by using DP over and over (imagine winning super smash bros by only using a counter attack), or winning using the instant kill, which is the most impractical and risky thing you can possibly do.

The ultimate rule of fight games is: if something works, don't stop doing it until it stops working.

Posted

BCB. Bittersweet Candybowl.

It's an awful webcomic about the highschool hormonal drama of anthropomorphic cats and dogs written by a chronically depressed new zealander. And I've been following it ever since a friend of mine (Plusook) made a guest comic appearance in it something like a year ago.

Here's one of the very first pages from when it was just a deviantart comic. I'm not spoilering it. You all need to look at the thing I have read.

1.png

Posted

Singing in the shower. I do it all the dang time. That's my major one but there are a few others.

Like, starting at one end of the hall and then running into my room and jumping on the bed with as much force as possible, just to see how high or far I end up bouncing.

Also, just dancing around randomly, music or no.

Posted

Those aren't even guilty things, those are things we all do but are afraid to admit. READING ALL OF BITTERSWEET CANDY BOWL. That's a thing to be guilty of. Plus trees don't even run so I'm pretty sure you're lying?

Posted

Plus trees don't even run so I'm pretty sure you're lying?

Trees are like Weeping Angels. We do run, albeit not very frequently, but only when your back is turned.

On-topic, though, I also tend to enjoy reading really bad fanfictions, mostly because I find them funny.

Posted (edited)

running_tree.jpg

Oh and I enjoy the Big Bang Theory.

Edited by DR SHRUBBERY! (see edit history)

Posted

this is more of a list of shit that I am very prideful about/self-absorbed/conceited/insert vain adjective here. there are some guilty pleasures too

• I still use tumblr, but not like your typical hormone raged angsty social rights teenager
  • I can be a snob about they few brand name products I own, i.e. priding in the functionality of my iPhone/iPod shuffle/macbook, only buying Brooks running shoes (srsly have only bought 6-7 pairs in 7 years because they actually fit my feet well), Trek roadbike with Cateye computer...I used to be like that about workout clothes too (nike, under armor etc) but not nearly as much anymore because there are better things to spend money on, like food for the week
  • the only things I post on facebook are serious accomplishments that I know will garner at least 10 likes, i.e. my triathlon status from yesterday that got 36 likes lol. I'm not looking for attention but I don't like posting pointless statuses about mundane things from my life? Idk facebook is dumb. I use twitter to say shit like "I'm taking a nap outside on campus!" or other dumb, unwarranted information
  • I have a serious sweet tooth but I also have really good self control
  • this site is a guilty pleasure for me, as well as watching speed runs, and playing video games
  • I still watch Grey's Anatomy, 7 years and 9 seasons later. yes I know it is a shitty show but I don't watch TV other than the food network like once a week
  • I like having muscle and being strong? I get a kick out of all the "13.1" stickers that every single sorority girl has on their car here because they are all tiny toothpicks made of only lean muscle. I haven't done a half marathon but I do know what it's like to exercise (or race) for 3+ hours as opposed to about two hours (typical length of a half marathon)
  • I like painting my nails dumb colors, like right now my toes are lime green and my fingers are cherry red. I am also terrible at it because my hands aren't very steady.
  • I am pretty good at memorizing numbers so I can usually remember birthdays, as well as nutrition labels. I like being able to recall nutrition labels - like knowing how much sugar something has, fiber, protein, total fat, whatever
  • I'm a touchy person and if we're good friends, I like physical closeness. I like hugs a lot lol
  • I do like some rap music and the occasional shitty top 40 song
  • when I'm alone in the house I talk to myself all the time. put myself into hypothetical situations, situations in which I would have a lot of attention (I don't like being put on the spot at all, it freaks me out) and how I would deal with it

that's good for now but hey I might add more

Posted (edited)

If I’m being honest here, the biggest guilty pleasure for me that I can think of is, as Cirt said, being a member of this site. And that’s not meant to be a knock on this site or anything, its just that this is the last place that any of my friends would ever think to find me. Which is kind of the reason why I joined in the first place- for something different.

-I also like the occasional top 40 song

-I kind of feel guilty about blowing away money every weekend at bars and stuff, when there are better causes and shit that the money could go to. Also I walked by two homeless people on my way to work this morning, and then after work I went to Best Buy and picked out a massive Plasma TV to buy this weekend. So I guess I feel guilty about spending money on myself, when I have some to spare, for the first time in my life.

-Also being white and saying the word nigga a lot. thats gotta be like the definition of guilty pleasure

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)

Posted

I actually like Google+, I find a lot of cool on there. Most people say it's a ghost town but it is nowhere near a ghost town, they just don't really know how to use it or what it's about.

I've always considered Google+ the opposite of Facebook: It's not really meant for your current friends but a place to discover new people who share the same interests. I think both Photography and Cooking are a couple of the biggest things on G+.

Posted

When I was younger, I would pull on any loose skin above the root of the fingernail, knowing it will probably bleed a bit. I didn't necessarily do it for the pain, but simply because I don't like how it looks. Similarly to a loose thread on an article of clothing.

I also tend to take on more duties than I can handle/have time for. For instance, I joined my school's Soul Ensemble, which is a class, but I am not registered in. I need to transpose all music to my key of Bb for Tenor Sax. The class is from 6-8 p.m. I have a Concert Band rehearsal across town starting at 7:30 p.m going to 9:30 p.m.