Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Big Mutherpuppyin' Crab Truckers

5 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.gregorhutton.com/roleplaying/bmct.pdf

We played this game last night. Its like DND without all the rules weighting it down. In it, you can make up whatever skills you want, and receive bonuses for them if the skill applies to what you are doing.

I had Fight, Strong, Scary, and (GM approved) Improvise. I abused the hell out of Improvise. At one point we are at this giant chasm and need to get across, so I improvise a wench out of our gun and belt ammunition. We then realized later we had tow ropes and it was unnecessary. And at another point, we were in a Molehill, covered in Moles, when I realized I could load all four of my skills into a BADASS KILLING TECHNIQUE. (Fight for combat, Strength for close range, Scary because I was being a badass, Improvise because I made the shit up on the spot. It was called the WINDMILL FACE SANDER. I killed the HELL out of one of the three remaining moles with it, did a roll for Scary, which made the remaining two jump out of their skins.

Also I consistently rolled High rolls in the game. My lowest roll was a 6. Every other roll was at least a 10.

Also you are totally Big Mutherpuppyin' Crab Truckers in this game. puppy yeah.

Anyway we all played this for like two and a half hours and it was a good time. You guys should check this out.

Posted

Psh. Weighing down he says.

Posted

No seriously this game flowed really fast and was a lot of fun. Its something you can do in like 2 hours and its friendly to people who are new to tabletop games

Posted

and its friendly to people who are new to tabletop games

If that's the case then LET ME TAKE A SPIN AT THIS.

I've always wanted to play a tabletop RPG but never had any friends who played them or wanted to play them.

Or friends at all

woe

Posted

This shouldn't even be a forum thing. I am not even like, making an RP thread for this where we all play in thread. This is really just so you guys know this game exists and can play it at some point. If we got an Hnet game going, It would have to be over a Skype call or at least irc. Its meant to be really fast, so I don't think the slow crawl of the forum post would actually do it justice.

Also because on Skype you can try to do your best Big Mutherpuppyin' Crab Trucker impression.

I should mention we were named things like Bubba, Slickback, and Big Claw McGraw