Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Death Mountain in TP.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I tend to give up killing them every 15 seconds and just run. . .

Posted

I always get tired of killing them :embarrassed:

Posted

Or you could take the lazy approach as normal link and just sink to the bottom of that pool and kill him there.

Posted

Zora's Domain was much better in TP, in my opinion.

The Gorons also looked better, though Death Mountain looked pretty lame.

What happened to the Kokiri in TP? They should have been there...

I have to agree. The Gorons looked so much better in TP. The Zoras were also nice. When I first saw some of the Zoras with those masks covering their faces I'm like :huh: , then realized that wasn't really what their faces looked like.

Posted

I didn't really like how the gorons looked in TP, actually.

Posted

I didn't really like how the gorons looked in TP, actually.

I really liked how the Gorons were in OoT. They were like lazy all the time, but in TP they were too rude.

I liked how they changed the way of diving in TP, though, the iron boots in Ocarina of Time was so annoying! But it was easier to control link underwater in Twilight Princess...

Posted

why are they trying to please non video game players? THAT is dumb.

Because the video game industry's growth would halt. We wouldn't have Wii or DS if Nintendo decided not to open the demographic and add variety. Instead we'd have $500 paperweights that do everything besides what they're originally designed for, and most people just don't have that kind of money to spend on a luxury, especially when the general cost of living shows no sign of going down.

The "hardcore gamer" demographic makes up a very small portion of the total people who play video games. If that was the only group developers and publishers catered to, video gaming would be dead.

The main idea behind Wii and DS was to help the industry grow, because Sony and Microsoft were closing it up with games that generally don't appeal to the mass market and their outrageous console prices.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."

-Shigeru Miyamoto on the situation of the gaming industry

Posted

Because the video game industry's growth would halt. We wouldn't have Wii or DS if Nintendo decided not to open the demographic and add variety. Instead we'd have $500 paperweights that do everything besides what they're originally designed for, and most people just don't have that kind of money to spend on a luxury, especially when the general cost of living shows no sign of going down.

The "hardcore gamer" demographic makes up a very small portion of the total people who play video games. If that was the only group developers and publishers catered to, video gaming would be dead.

The main idea behind Wii and DS was to help the industry grow, because Sony and Microsoft were closing it up with games that generally don't appeal to the mass market and their outrageous console prices.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."

-Shigeru Miyamoto on the situation of the gaming industry

I said this once and i'll say it again "you are the smartist person ever."

Anyway I like the goron's in TP I just beat it yesterday and they were rude but you have to admit it was fun throwing them off the cliffside.

Posted

I liked the new trail.. and everything, `cept maybe castle town, could be a bit more.. open...

I thought it was TOO small in TP :cry:

Skull Kid... I think he's cool in every game he's in. I loved the trumpet he played in TP! ^_^ But I ahted those puppet things. So annoying...

Scull kid was REALLY cool in TP :joy: And the trumpet was only helping Link find him. And the music was good :D

Yeah, they looked cool, but they got VERY annoying!

YES!!! I hated them... I just wanted them to die :evil:

the puppet things were surprisingly weak and i ended up finding quite a lot of different amusing ways to kill them, some of the best and most efficient were

Spin slash (duh) wolf link AND regular link

energy field

bomb arrows (overkill! but it least it tended to get all of them)

i figured out a really funny one, but i've forgotten it now...

Really? You must tell :ohmygod:

During the second fight, you can't do that. It is really annoying :cry: .....

Posted

..I think you mean Goron City. And yeah, Death Mountain has changed..for the worse. It was much better in OoT, it didn't take long to climb up..and the Goron's didn't need to wrestle you to get in at first. And yeah..they pretty much took away Goron City and added Goron Mines..which actually should be the Dodongo's cavern below. They also messed up Kakariko Village, and Zora's Domain (well..Zoras Domain was okay, but not as good as the original) :)

i liked wrestling those gorons in tp. it was fun. i dunno about zora's domain. i would like a mix of both with tp graphics. i enjoyed kakariko in both games. i liked it better in oot tho (more stuff to do) i would like to see a tp goron city.

Posted

Yeah, what I've always wondered is what that gigantic bloblike thing was when you looked at Death Mountain from afar was.

It's like two scoops of molten earth piled on top of each other like ice cream...

WTF was that? I mean, really. Death Mountain, if you can call it that, looked nothing like the two-blobbish structure you see, so what is it?!

Anyways, Goron Merchant, that's a really good idea, but I'd like to bring up something that I've always wondered.

Why is it that the BULBINS, who follow KING Bulbin, don't stop attacking you even after their KING has sided with you?

Makes no sense. D:

And yeah, I was wondering why the sumo mechanic was taken out after your, what? Second time of doing it?

Maybe people enjoyed the sumo mechanic? I mean, I know Nintendo can't please everyone, but I don't like that they made so many things a one-time occurrence.

I never liked that Old Kakariko and New Kakariko were abandoned. It ruined Impa's dream of creating a town just as prosperous as Hyrule Castle Town. There were a bunch of Sheikah references too, in Howling Stones and the Twili (Theoretically, but their symbols were structurally identical, as well as the fact that Twili have red eyes) as well as the fortune teller and Ashei, (Or it could be a Majora's Mask reference, her being a descendant of KafEI) but we really don't hear or see anything about them other than Impaz, a direct relative of Impa.

And there was basically zero on Dekus or Kokiri. There was the Kokiri/Deku symbol, but nothing implied they once even breathed on the same earth.

It makes me feel sorry for Nintendo a bit, 'cause they tried to create a game veterans and newcomers alike would enjoy, but they inadvertently made the veterans sad. D:

Sahaqiel

Posted

Good points Saha.

I just hope that Nintendo tries to keep their old fans with the next game. They're abandoning us to get more people into the franchise. Its sad.

If a new fan doesn't understand everything, then they can download the older games onto the CV.

Posted

The Goron Village layout was more interesting in TP, but Death Mountain as a whole was a bit of a downer. REALLY hoped they'd raise the bar from the super-linear OOT Death Mountain.

Posted

Anyways, Goron Merchant, that's a really good idea, but I'd like to bring up something that I've always wondered.

Why is it that the BULBINS, who follow KING Bulbin, don't stop attacking you even after their KING has sided with you?

Makes no sense. D:

He probably just decided not to kill you just then. They never said he sided with you.

Posted

probably because he is their king, and subjects follow their king...no matter how hideous he is