Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

2 posts in this topic

Posted

*This is my attempt at writing a sequel to Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man. It's also an attempt to add Spidey to the Marvel Cinematic Universe*

Prologue

My name is Peter Parker and boy do I have a story to tell!

It all began last year, the year of big changes. It all began when I found my Father's Briefcase. My Dad worked for Oscorp Industries a Tech Company that had it's hands in many pies. From Medical technology, to agriculture and Military Hardware. My father worked with a Scientist named Curtis Conners on a field called "Cross-Species Genetics" a way of grafting animal DNA to Human to cure all sorts of diseases or ailments. Conners research had stalled until I came along and filled in the missing piece. That's also when I met Gwen Stacy, but more on that in a bit.

Conners had a secret desire to replace his arm that he lost while serving as a medic in The Gulf War and used the untested formula on himself which caused him to transform into a human Lizard Hybrid.

I myself went through a change when a Spider bit me, through the bite I was granted extraordinary powers.

I became Spider-Man to get rich until through inaction I caused the death of my Uncle Ben Parker. I started a one man war on crime in hopes of finding Uncle Ben's killer and it was then that I came to the attention of Police Captain George Stacy aka Gwen's Father.

It was Captain Stacy who helped me to defeat the Lizard at the cost of his own life. As he lay dying in my arms he made me promise to stop seeing Gwen he said that my life would only lead to ruin for her.

I tried to honor his dying wish, but found it to difficult.

Three months after the Funeral things got very odd in New York. High above the city a massive portal opened and out came waves of creatures from the far end of the Universe. It turns out that Loki (who up until a few months ago was thought to be a Myth) made a deal with some alien. Loki would deliver something called The Tesseract to him and he'd in turn give Loki the means to seize control of the Earth. He would've succeeded if not for The Avengers, a group of Heroes led by World War 2 hero Captain America. As we watched the battle rage on TV I desperately wanted to join in, but I could see Aunt May was frightened so I decided not to leave her alone.

When it was over the World Cheered for The Avengers, while in my little corner I was branded a Menace (hey I saved New York too! Where were The Avengers when an Eight foot tall Lizard tried to turn all of Manhattan into Lizard People?).

This is where things start to get very strange. I started noticing a Black Van following me around. This seemingly ordinary vehicle made my Spider Sense buzz like a Jackhammer. I found myself constantly tailed by it and when I saw it as Spider-Man I knew that someone knew my secret.

By the third week I had had enough. I found myself tearing at the Van just trying to get inside. I came to discover that it was empty, a decoy. Before I could act on my Spidey sense I was out cold. I woke sometime later blindfolded in a building I didn't recognise.

"Ah he's awake." A gruff voice greeted me.

As the blindfold fell off I could see a man standing infront of me. He was African American, late 40's and hard. The kind of hard that comes from a lifetime of bad situations.

"Where am I?" I asked

"You are in a safe place Mr. Parker, or do you prefer Spider-Man?"

His words confirmed my worse fear, someone figured out my secret.

I struggled against the shackled binding my wrists and found they would't budge an inch.

"You can struggle all you want Peter. Those Cuffs are Pure Adamantium."

I had heard rumors of the Metal on the Internet, never knew it was real.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Want from you? Son I don't want anything from you. It's what I can do for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I saw what you did last year. I was impressed, very impressed."

"Thank you?"

"I'm not finished son. I was impressed but at the same time more than a tad angered. Your fight with Curtis Conners caused half a million dollars in damage if the Chitauri invasion hadn't of happened we'd be having quite a different conversation. There's no denying you've got skill Parker. Some might even call you Amazing, but in this business Amazing isn't gonna cut it. To join S.H.I.E.L.D you gotta be better...the best. You gotta be Ultimate! So my Question is this, do you wanna be the Ultimate Spider-Man?"

I sat there in silence, I couldn't see them but I could tell I was surrounded, a thousand eyes all on me waiting for me to give an answer.

"Well when you put it that way, where do I sign up?"

With a mere gesture the cuffs slid off, as I got to my feet the man emerged from half in shadow. "The Names Nick Fury, welcome to The Avengers Initiative."

Little did I know that that Meeting with Nick Fury, would lead me to many answers about my past, answers I wished I hadn't learned.

Posted

Good start. In reading this I totally could hear Andrew Garfield's voice narrating. And Also you have pretty much nailed Sam Jackson's speech pattern in his dialog. I also like the "Ultimate Spider-Man" animated series quote you threw in there.