Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 Billion

23 posts in this topic

Posted

The House of Mouse has bought Lucasfilm the Company behind Star Wars and Indiana Jones, in addition they have promised the long awaited Episode VII. My question is, will Episode VII be an original story or will the movie follow the plot of "Star Wars: Heir to the Empire" the first book in the Thrawn Trilogy by Author Timothy Zahn?

Now that Disney Controls Lucasfilm what changes will they bring to the Star Wars universe? Will we see Luke Skywalker pop up on ABC's "Once Upon a Time", will we get a Phineas & Ferb Star Wars special, will we see Ewoks on Pair of Kings? Only time will tell'

Posted

I thought I read somewhere that in the three story things following the end of the sixth movie the son of luke turns out to be the real sith lord doom of everything and kills luke or something and they have to start all over again

Posted

As long as George Lucas doesn't come in and turn it into a political space-drama I am okay with this.

Posted

as long as George Lucas isn't writing the dialogue and romantic scenes

I still haven't recovered from the comedy gold that is episode III

Posted

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Not like here....

Here everything is soft and smooth.

Posted

UGHHHH

so awful

Posted

Sad news peeps. I've just learned that episode VII will indeed be original storiess not connected to the Expanded Universe.

That is a big mistake!

Posted

If I can walk away from 7 and say anything remotely enjoyable about that movie I will shit a brick

Posted

Still haven't seen the original 6 films. I watched the first and then got bored halfway through the second. To be honest, I don't really see the hype behind them.

Posted

Still haven't seen the original 6 films. I watched the first and then got bored halfway through the second. To be honest, I don't really see the hype behind them.

What how can you even SAY that you awful person :sadlink:

unless you started with Episode I and not Episode IV in which case I can forgive you sort of for making a bad choice.

Posted

Probably the best way to go, though. I remember reading that the Star Wars novels completely cancel out the original three movies. It's just one of many cases in which sequels have to go bigger and dumber. I think it's on cracked.com, I dunno. I haven't read them so yeah

The Thrawn Trilogy or Heir to the Empire trilogy continues where episode VI left off. Five years after the Battle of Endor the resistance now called The New Republic is still fighting pockets of imperial forces meanwhile Grand Admiral Thrawn the Emperor's Third in command schemes to reclaim the Empire.

The Books were Best sellers and are still bought today, 20 yearss after they were published.

Posted

I just saw "LucasFilms" on the bottom of a droid commercial

I had to go to youtube to confirm this for myself. So weird.

lol original 6 lol

Posted

Everyone has been complaining about this all day on my facebook/tumbles lol. oh no, companies like money, oh no, Star Wars is a big franchise where new stuff will most likely make a shit-ton of money regardless of quality. etc.

I've actually never seen a Star Wars film lol. sci-fi stuff in general is hard to get into and borin' as crap for me so yeah. same for me, skridovaste.

Posted

What if the jedi were bun buns

Posted

Guys don't you get it? This means that George Lucas will never again be able to lay his hands on the series! This is a good thing!

Cirt likes this