PHEO

THEY'RE USING MARQUEE

I'M SCARED

ANSWER THE DAMN PM

TIerkreiss15 likes this

Posted

ANSWER HIS PM YOU SHIT

Posted

Okay, so I am now the proud owner of a Dark Souls.

Sorta.

See, my mom has bought it for my stepdad for Christmas, which basically means that I'll get to play it a little while after he has tried it.

EDA's Honest Opinion of Dark Souls: Coming Soon to Theaters

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

1. Don't give up.

2. Try not to use a guide. It's alright if you feel the need to use one every now and then, but make an honest attempt to solve the problem at hand first.

3. Play Offline for your first run through the game. You can do online later, but you gotta solo your first run. You might be the kind of person who wants to "do everything during their first run of the game." This isn't a game where you can do that. So just run through the game offline and try to do everything afterwards.

4. Don't give up.

These are my recommendations. You don't have to follow them, but I strongly encourage doing this to get the full effect of the game.

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

DARK SOULS 2 ANNOUNCED

0x600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

"You are of the undead. Forever without hope. Forever without light."

HOLY SHIT GUYS ITS ON XBOX360 PS3 AND PC

Right now there isn't a trailer on youtube, but you can watch the trailer in high quality here. Not terribly much is revealed in the trailer, naturally, especially because it's prerendered footage, but there's some speculation floating around that this might actually be a prequel, due to the presence of a dragon (which were supposed to have been killed off before the start of dark souls, with rare exceptions). Of course, there's also a couple giant dead dragon skeletons, so. Who really knows?

“Dark Souls 2 will offer loyal fans exactly the kind of demanding challenges and never-ending struggle that became the hallmark of this whole series,” according to publisher Namco Bandai.

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” said Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing for Namco Bandai. ”FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

Intestinal Fortitude?! SOUNDS AWESOME. Plus I have a ton of that. I probably had the worst first impression anyone could ever possibly have walking into dark souls, and still beat it both offline AND without the use of a guide (except like 3% of the time when dicks like whats his face from #Zelda gave me false advice. Do not go to tomb of the giants at level 40 on your first playthrough).

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game,” said Tomohiro Shibuya, From’s director for the Dark Souls sequel. ”We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series. The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.”

Considering how brilliantly told and beautifully sculpted the first game's story was, my nipples are pretty hard at the thought of a second one being even better, hopefully.

One famous bit of Dark Souls' history: when the question was asked "Should there be a Dark Souls PC port?" over 90,000 signatures signed the list(I think I might have signed it too, I can't remember). This was an overwhelmingly large list of signatures brought directly to the attention of the director of dark souls, who then decided they needed to immediately set to work making a PC port. This was famously known as "The First Time an Internet Petition Ever Changed Anything About a Video Game Ever." However, because the game was specifically designed for console release and not for consoles whatsoever, it was poorly received, and players are strongly advised to play the PC version with an xbox360 controller. Or Ps3 or whatever the hell.

The reason this is so significant today? Dark Souls 2 is being released with the PC version intended to be there this time! Just imagine what will happen if Dark Souls 2 is good, and it's good on the PC! Imagine the Mods! What if it gets Steam Support, and Steam Workshop Support??? WHAT IF THAT HAPPENED.

Also, part of me wants to believe "Dark Souls 2" is a working title. The mythology and setting of Dark Souls 2 is so vastly different from the first game, Demon Souls(which I have yet to play), that the game is a just spiritual successor. Even if Dark Souls 2 takes place directly after Dark Souls, I doubt they would just tack a 2 on there. It would probably be "Dead Souls" or "Doom Souls" or some shit. "Delighted Souls."

Anyways, Here's a bunch of screen grabs from the trailer. Enjoy!

I am eager for boss dragons as big as this.

A possible firekeeper, assuming after the end of Dark Souls the Fires are still linked???

The new set For Dark Souls 2, for what the Elite Knight set is to Dark Souls? Probably(definitely).

Man, he's not even dead. You wouldn't die from that in Dark Souls if you knew what you were doing.

I have a feeling if Saha played this game he'd like those white masked dudes.

Boo Friggidy Hoo

Looking at that structure reminds me of the Witches of Izalith. It's probably a pyromancy shrine or some shit.

You're okay, bro! You can do it! Intestinal Fortitude!

Also: Much like Dark Soul's Flagship Armor was the Elite Knight set, which belonged to knights of Astora, I'm guessing this set belongs to knights of Berenike. Berenike was a country we didn't learn much about aside from knowing it's king, Knight King Rendal, bested Sen's Fortress. We know Berenike is home to a bunch of kick ass knight motherpuppyers who know their shit, and that's about it. But this guy is reminding me of their style.

Posted

looks like shit

Posted

Hey shut up

Posted

I almost bought this today, but then I didn't.

Posted

I don't think the whitemasks look very cool at all, actually. ):

Posted

M0PoW.jpg

I have to wait a solid puppying week until my brother gets back from school to play this game again. UGH GODDAMMIT I WANNA PLAY THE NEW DLC NOOOWWWWW.

tumblr_meupym6olk1qfpfczo1_500.jpg

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHh

Posted

and then i forget the game and leave it on campus, 3.5 hours from home

Posted

I will kill you where you stand