Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

To anyone who actually cares and knows about this sort of thing (which might actually be none of you), would you mind rating this build? I wanted to make a sunbro that used sunlight spears and the true greatsword of artorias. Right now I'm projecting using the xanthous armor and helm of the dark sun, but I might swap out the xanthous for the crimson robes. We'll see what happens.

Posted

GUYS.

CARE ABOUT THIS GAME WITH ME.

Posted

Once I graduate in like a month I'll be getting the Prepare to Die edition. Maybe without the stress of school I can actually give this game a try the way it was meant to be played.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

it took you like 4 uninterrupted posts to realize no one gives a shit

Cascade likes this

Posted

Listen, I've been trying my damnedest to play this game. But in my household I frequently get called away from my games to empty the dishwasher or clean the living room...

or look after my little brothers for "ten minutes" as my mom says. That can go from anywhere between 10 minutes and three hours. 

That being said, the fact that Dark Souls cannot be paused initially turned me away before, but I've been watching my stepdad playing it and I really want to give it another chance. Rest assured, Pheo. I will care about this game with you.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Listen, I've been trying my damnedest to play this game. But in my household I frequently get called away from my games to empty the dishwasher or clean the living room...

or look after my little brothers for "ten minutes" as my mom says. That can go from anywhere between 10 minutes and three hours.

I know this pain

Go forth brave doctor ;-;

Posted

GUYS.

CARE ABOUT THIS GAME WITH ME.

YES OKAY.

DORK SOLES IS GR8 OF A GAME.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I WILL CARE THE MINUTE YOU ACTUALLY START PLAYING ONE OF MY 4-5 FIGHTING GAMES

Posted (edited)

Okay maybe I will do some of that maybe.

Okay okay okay but assuming dark souls 2 is a prequel and not a sequel, and chronicles what the journey to lordran is like (possibly from the point of view of a proud knight of balder leaving his now ruined country in pilgrimage), I can't help but wonder; What are the possibilities of Solaire of Astora making an appearance? I also wonder what other kinds of people you'll run into on your way to lordran. It's really exciting to think about, really. I can't shake the feeling that we'll see somebody like the crestfallen warrior, except not crestfallen yet.

By the way, new trailer OH MY GOOOOSH LOOKS SO GOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmqxZrqk3bc

"DESPAIR," IT SAYS

HA, I SAY

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER SURRENDER

Also here's a rebuild of that sunbro build i posted up there. I decided I didn't need 50 faith just for the sunlight spear. I like this build because sure I'm using the grass crest shield for stamina regen, but because it doesn't really matter what ring I use after havel's, I can maybe just use the stamina regen ring, and swap the shield with any of the other crest shields. I can really swap crest shield around at will for whatever situation, like if I'm fighting fire dudes I can pick up the dragon crest shield, or if magic dudes, the shield oscar uses. Even the blood shield has the same weight and functions as the other shields and has excellent defense against curse/bleed/poison. But sometimes I want the red tearstone ring so I have the grass crest ring? Idk. This is a faith build that can adapt, is what I'm saying.

I'm also stuck choosing between astora's straight sword and velka's rapier. Sure, the straight sword does more base damage, but it's only like 30+, and at that difference, it really depends more on which is easier to use. Rapiers do a TON more damage on backstabs and ripostes, so maybe I should use the rapier? And then there's the barbed straight sword, which has a pretty short reach, but does bleed damage. I dunno. I'm just thinking about things.

Edited by pheonix561 (see edit history)
Treemotan likes this

Posted

guys no its a great game im telling you im sober right now like really i wouldnt tell you this while im drunk

Posted

hcHCw0T.jpg

Posted

NUH UH

oh golly i even have the neck

Posted

I liked Dark Souls before it was cool.

aka Demon's Souls

pheonix561 and Treemotan like this

Posted

I'll top that.

JP version of Demon Souls.