Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

If only I could find good smut of this game...

Posted

I just bought this give me advice

Posted

1. Don't give up.

2. Try not to use a guide. It's alright if you feel the need to use one every now and then, but make an honest attempt to solve the problem at hand first.

3. Play Offline for your first run through the game. You can do online later, but you gotta solo your first run. You might be the kind of person who wants to "do everything during their first run of the game." This isn't a game where you can do that. So just run through the game offline and try to do everything afterwards.

4. Don't give up.

These are my recommendations. You don't have to follow them, but I strongly encourage doing this to get the full effect of the game.

I wasn't trying to sound like the kind of person who goes around saying things like "This is the only real way to play a game," but this is generally what I think is the best method to follow to learn dark souls. Playing online is a lot more to learn from a game with an already steep learning curve, and playing with players who clearly have already beaten the game a few times is going to ruin it for you. Just try to stay offline, avoid using guides (unless you are so ridiculously stuck, and even then you can come to me for help on skype if you want), and just remember not to give up.

Posted

So yesterday I finally mounted my new TV

Gotta say, it's nice being able to have a game's logo almost 3x the width of the console it's being played on

tYucVUo.jpg?1

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

AND ITS FOR THE 360 AND NOT THE BONE

I CAN PLAY IT

SO EXCITE

Ho man, did you see that giant dude's mirror shield? I think it actually had a dude stuck inside the mirror on the other side. That is so cool. This game looks so cool I love this game and I want it.

Posted (edited)

Looks great

But yeah, I think I've found a new boss fight to add to my favorites

The Moonlight Butterfly

It's so peaceful and deadly, and the

is just so fitting Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

God, I know. Dark Souls has a fantastic Soundtrack, and that piece is one of the best, most shining examples of it.

Posted

pheo proceeds to masturbate all over his copy of dark souls, thus ruining the game's resale value

Knuckle likes this

Posted

i hate you

Posted

hey I took this game back and got Pokemon Black 2, which I'm gonna hack and all that just to show how good a gamer I am

Posted

I guess Knuckle just couldn't do it. He couldn't live up to the task. He broke rule #1. What a shame. It's ok though.

He didn't have much time.

Right, Yulia?

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

What a quitter.

Eleven days and you already gave up.

Posted

we'll see who comes out on top when i stomp you with my pokemon team of 6 Arceuses :sadlink:

Posted

Why did you even give up? What happened? Where did you get stuck?