Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

They're really tough when you first meet them, if don't know how to fight them, and generally just don't know what to do. Once you figure it out, it gets easier. They're still pretty intimidatingly tough enemies, though; You can only really go perfectly toe-to-toe/trade blows evenly by the time you're at endgame, and even then they're still pretty tough.

Posted

Yeah he mows Black Knights down. He's not enjoying this game a whole lot cause I guess everyone over hyped it for him. Challenge wise, at least. He still wants to complete it though, mainly due to the hype. 

Posted

Has he played a souls game before? Is he following a guide? What has his path been through the game so far?

Posted

no, no, and i unno. He's fighting a lava vomiting spider boss right now though. Oh wait, it's dead now. First try on it.

Posted

That's where I was going to play with dark_one

Posted

Worked with Dark_One to get him to the bonfire in Sen's Fortress, so now he explore the fortress and loot it without having to go through the same god damn area all the time. My character is a lightning bolt throwing cleric with a divine claymore, no shield, high maneuverability.

Posted

It's kind of ridiculous, honestly

Long range, over 400 damage to most enemies

I'm still running my Str/Dex build, using the Lightning Spear more now, with the Grass Crest Shield and the ring with a similar effect

Thinking about taking on the Hellkite soon, I've got the Flame ring, and can easily get Flash Sweat, and I've got the Dragon Crest shield, so I wouldn't worry too much about his attacks, while I've got the Lightning Spear for my own. It's at +4 I think? I need a Slab :<

Oh yeah, I took out the Butterfly after her coming down only one time, I was so happy

Posted

how has getting into anor lando been going?

Posted

Even Babies Should Be Able To Complete Dark Souls II, Says New Director For The Series

The surprise announcement of Dark Souls II has pleased the hardcore gaming masses but now some are questioning the decisions of the new director for the series, Tomohiro Shibuya. He says that everyone should be able to complete the game.

article_wrap_Dark_Souls_2-300x152.jpg

In an interview conducted with 1UP, Shibuya admits that he has never finished the original Dark Souls and that his previous game experience is mostly in art assets.

“I watched [Hidetaka] Miyazaki (the original director) very closely when he worked on Dark Souls. I mostly know that this game is considered very difficult, but I want to take the series in a new direction,” he says, “I prefer that the game be completable by everyone. Even babies should be able to complete this game.”

“I recall the first game being very cryptic and vague about its story and I want everyone to understand the plot. I believe it should be made more explicit and that the cutscenes should be at least 10 times longer than the original,” he pauses and then says excitedly to the interviewer, “There might even be a love interest for the main character.”

“Gameplay is something that I find almost secondary to the story,” he continues, “I tried playing the game for the first time last week. I could not get past the first boss! I will make sure that even someone as bad as me can complete Dark Souls II. Besides, I mostly find my talents in art and this is where the game will truly shine.”

SilverAlchemic and T1g like this

Posted

finally they are taking the series in a positive direction!

Sahaqiel and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

It's a flash sale right now for $7.49

Posted

(as is Bastion which is a decidedly better and also cuter game AND it's only 2.24 so buy it instead)

(also i'm kidding)

Posted

Apparently, Dark Souls 2 might actually allow you to start the game halfway through, "If you're brave enough." I have no idea what that means, but I'm willing to bet its the equivalent of, say, starting the game at level one in front of the opened gates to sen's fortress. I think Dark Souls 2 gives you lots more options that let you do things like take the path of least resistance if you know how, and this might be an option that forces you to take advantage of those options instead of fighting now outrageously tough monsters. Of course, this means you'll bet stunting yourself with a distinct lack of souls, which means the now already difficult monsters you'll face later will be even more difficult, so that's the issue you're facing. That and you've just made a famously hard game already fifty times harder for yourself.

なべ likes this

Posted

this is an actual mod that replaces the text "You Died" with

tumblr_mrju0iHwe91qckpsfo1_500.jpg

haha

pheonix561, Sahaqiel and T1g like this

Posted

I knew that dirty democrat was making me die all those times during four kings...