Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

POSTED IT MONTHS AGO but I appreciate the thought

Posted

SORRY I DIDN'T LOOK BACK THROUGH 20 PAGES OF YOU POSTING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FANART

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

demon's souls masterrace checking in

don't mind me

keep on playing the lesser game

hi muff

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

I liked Dark Souls better.

Posted

I hate you, Muffin. I hate you, Nabe.

なべ and T1g like this

Posted

NcAX9VI.jpg

I'd be the fire knight, but it's not like I ever use pyromancy. Axe knight here.

T1g and なべ like this

Posted

Yeah, Demon's Souls is way better. It's less accessible, but that's a good thing because it keeps all the losers that don't have a PS3 away from it, thus making the community closer to each other and better at the game in general.

But I can recognize why people can enjoy the lesser game of the series. It's funny that you would try to limit this thread to just Dark Souls, though even though it's the reason Dark Souls even exists. I'm a nice guy, though and I can forgive you.

Riddle me this, Batman, does your game have a boss that is actually another player?

(Nabe, I love you.)

なべ likes this

Posted

holy shit does demon souls have a boss like that

なべ likes this

Posted

Yes, it's the end boss of one of the worlds. It can only happen if you're not in Soul form, though, but you should usually be in human form since the previous boss that's right before it returns you to human form. It's pretty cool. It said I was being invaded and I was like ????? since I was in a giant spiraling staircase and thought they'd come from behind me. I realized that they were the boss after I got to the top. I almost won but then I ran out of stamina during a combo and got wrecked. Sad day. I then immediately went back to it in Soul form and fought a regular boss. Only after I defeated him did I realize my mistake...

Posted

No, you can fight a PVP player in Soul form too. For the extra heartache that brings.

Also, since you can only be summoned to be that boss if you're in Soul form (Black/Blue Eye Stone anywhere in 3-X), you can equip the Cling Ring for a humongous boss' health bar to match your humongous boss' magic yellow turban.

Anyway, Pheo, there's going to be another boss like this in Dark Souls 2, spoilers but whatever. Looking like this could be the game that melds our fandoms into one big love-filled circle~

(Except that you're still playing on the wrong platform)

Posted

Man, I don't know anything about this boss. I guess I know who you're talking about when you say humongous yellow turban, but as for the setting/why its sad/et cetera, I'm completely lost. I really need to borrow a ps3 and pick up this game or something. My roommate has one, maybe I can get demons souls on the cheap somewhere and pick it up.

Posted

You should get both Demon's Souls and The Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection while you're at it. Then I might start liking you again after what you did in that Dark Souls stream...

Posted

I just don't see why it's so hard to kick, or use your shield, or parry, or roll, or do anything that would stop a hollow from fucking killing you

Posted

Do you realize how new I was to Dark Souls? That was my first stream of the actual game that wasn't the tutorial. I now sometimes kick and parry and I roll a bunch. I also shield sometimes. I'm also using a mouse and keyboard. You're acting like I'm supposed to be a god or something at this game.

Goodness.

Also,