Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

>he thinks he'll only die 50 times

Posted

I probably meant 50x for each boss or maybe I didn't. I know I'm gonna die a lot and probably hate life several times, but I'll feel very accomplished once I finally defeat that(those) boss(es).

Also, I hope that at least some characters come out happy from this. Literally no one in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls have a happy ending. No one. I realize, the games are based on despair, but even in all of this despair, there has to be one happy end for someone, right? Everyone just suffers if they do anything. If they try to do good, if they try to do bad, if they do nothing at all, they still end up a Hollow.

Maybe that's just me though, and they should keep the despair theme going. I just want a little happiness is all...

Posted

What about trusty patches? If this game really is a prequel then he's bound to make an appearance. Like I said earlier, I'm hopeful that solaire will make an appearance, too. Man, it kills me that it's going to be such a long time before I'm able to play this game. Maybe I'll convince my roommate to let me play it on his ps3 over the summer.

Posted

Smoother graphics, a PS3 controller, new areas, new shortcuts, new enemies, new patterns, new "That boss"es, new awesome weapons, new awesome armors, new traps, new favorite characters, new Yurt/Lautrec, new Patches, new ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY, more YOU DIED x50. I just can't wait.

I said new Patches in the post. Or were you saying that his story ends nicely. I haven't really delved into what his storyline holds, so I don't really know about his, sorey.

Also, I just wanna restate my "new awesome weapons" hype. I just love all of the weapons with special abilities in Demon's and Dark Souls. I hope they bring back something akin to the Storm Ruler from Demon's Souls. It had to ability to basically throw air waves at the opponent. It was only allowed on one single level of the game, but damn, son. But, yeah, weapons with unique names and unique attack animations and unique abilities just make me love them. The Stone Greatsword wielded by the giant stone knights in the Darkroot Garden has a special two-handed R2 that casts the Tranquil Walk of Peace miracle, just like the enemy!! That's so awesome to me... So, yeah, hoping for more of that and other amazing things from the game. Also, more katanas to fuel the weeaboo inside.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

What about trusty patches? If this game really is a prequel then he's bound to make an appearance. Like I said earlier, I'm hopeful that solaire will make an appearance, too. Man, it kills me that it's going to be such a long time before I'm able to play this game. Maybe I'll convince my roommate to let me play it on his ps3 over the summer.

Patches will make an appearance.

As the first guy to get his head caved in by a blunt weapon of my choosing.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I said new Patches in the post. Or were you saying that his story ends nicely. I haven't really delved into what his storyline holds, so I don't really know about his, sorey.

Oh I actually thought you mean like new game patches like "haha this sword used to be OP but now its useless haha." I definitely agree with you on the weapons side of things, too. I liked how every dragon in the game dropped a weapon if you cut off their tail, even if they were technically just a wyvern, like the big red wyvern on the bridge. Or a dragon who probably used to be a human but is now a dragon, like the everlasting dragon. Just an interesting little classic RPG flavor quirk they threw into the game, without a lore explanation or anything.

Posted

Hey, man, Patches is just making a living. Lautrec, on the other hand, endangers the fair maiden keeping the bonfire of the Firelink Shrine lit. I made sure he wouldn't be harming her in my NG+...

Posted

Patches is a sneaky dude, yeah but he specifically targets clerics I think? I have no idea why, I don't know if that's expounded upon in demon souls or anything. Also I think Dark Souls 2 won't be rushed, just because the first DS was so well done that hopefully the producers of the game will let fromsoftware take their time here.

Posted

(Who said it was gonna be rushed.) Also, he just kind of targets anyone willing to fall for his shit, I think.

Just came upon the wiki page for the Moonlight Greatsword and apparently, there is something like it in Dark Souls, so if it's in both games, I think there's a high chance of another being in Dark Souls 2. I mean the Storm Ruler from Demon's Souls when I say this, by the way.

Posted

I'm pretty sure every dark souls dragon weapon has a magical attack to it? Dragon Ultra Greatsword has it's ranged attack, so does the dragon lonsword, and the iron golem's axe, and so on and so forth? Some of them are AoE, but still.

Posted

Hey, man, Patches is just making a living. Lautrec, on the other hand, endangers the fair maiden keeping the bonfire of the Firelink Shrine lit. I made sure he wouldn't be harming her in my NG+...

n-no  he was just being nice and putting her out of her misery thats totally how it was :sadlink:

Posted (edited)

I found this unofficial coloring project of the Dark Souls Into the Light comic

http://fextralife.com/forums/t25594/into-the-light-in-color/

It's really professional looking, just open up the spoiler, I'm guessing it starts at page 3 because the first 2 pages aren't actual comic or something like that

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

(Who said it was gonna be rushed.) Also, he just kind of targets anyone willing to fall for his shit, I think.

Just came upon the wiki page for the Moonlight Greatsword and apparently, there is something like it in Dark Souls, so if it's in both games, I think there's a high chance of another being in Dark Souls 2. I mean the Storm Ruler from Demon's Souls when I say this, by the way.

I didn't know Moonlight Sword was in Dark Souls!

get a loada this guy, spoilin dark souls for everybody

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Just realized I can't actually come into this thread anymore because it's gonna be filled with people talking about spoilers for this game. It's sad uuuuuugh. My roommate has a ps4 I think, I'll be able to borrow or rent a copy from someone and play it in his room over the summer, but until then I'm just going to have to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge all the people talking about the game.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I believe you'd actually have to buy it on his PSN account, since the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility at all. So... gotta pay that full $60, mang. Sorey.