Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

So puppying help me I will rob you

Dark_One likes this

Posted

I suspect it isn't coincidence that figurine gives off a real Skyrim vibe.

Posted

I suppose its about time for me to abandon this thread for a while ;-;

Posted

I make one post and you want to leave real nice meanie ;_;

Posted

PHEO THERE'S A RING THAT MAKES YOU ALL GLOWY

/spoiler

Posted

the souls are dark and now theres two of them

Posted

I've been krilling kids for the Rat King for hours now. After not being invaded my entire playthrough, this is so fun.

Posted

So, I spent half the day progressing incredibly slowly. Then I got this one item at some point that I don't even remember and I just so happen to look in my inventory and check the description which reminded me of two previous things. It then opens a new area, which leads to two more areas, which leads to two more areas, which leads to more areas, which...

Needless to say, I've been terrified at all times, afraid of what might pop out next. When I continually don't die over and over, the fear of dying slowly creeps back up on me, especially with a pocket full of tasty souls and I feel like Bonewarding back to spend them is just cheap.

So far, the game has been pretty much exactly what I wanted: another Souls game. It's very much a combination of Demon's and Dark. Because of the distances between binfires, it feels very much like levels. Although in Demon's, they were still relatively long in length, so it feels a little bit safer. Obviously, the open-world aspect from Dark Souls comes into play as well. There's been a severe lack of shortcuts though. I think I've found maybe one or two. The funniest thing is when I find a different path to something and I've been going to short way all along so it doesn't matter.

I've still got a long ways to go, I feel. Also... I found... Blighttown(Not the actual name)... and... needless to say... poison dart shooter IMMEDIATELY shooting at me... awful... haven't gone back since.

Posted

Now that I have obtained employment, this game is at the top of my list as soon as I get my taxes filed and my car payments made.

So I heard from pals on another site that combat's a deal harder in II. puppy.

Posted

It's harder near the start because they added a new stat called Adaptability, which determines how fast you can perform several actions. One of those is rolling, which is very slow compared to previous Souls games because of the addition of Adaptability. So, whenever you get the game, defs put points into Adaptability and get dat Agility up and you should slowly get back up to having the same maneuverability as the previous Souls games.

36 is p. much the cap on it, because at that point, you get 110 Agility and from 36 to 99, you go to 120 agility, so it's completely not worth it at all past 36. But, yeah. Adaptability/Agility is good. You can also get Agility from Attunement, if you're making a mage.

I think there also aren't a lot of early shields that give 100% physical defense, so that's rough as well. Besides all that though, it's not much harder.

Posted

Pheo what is your console of choice for Dark Souls 1?

Posted

Why ask Pheonix and only Pheonix? And in this thread of all places after he said he'd be avoiding it, since he's afraid of Dark Souls 2 spoilers.

Either console is fine and look up DSFix if you get it on PC. PC probably has the largest community, but the online can be iffy. Although, I think it's iffy on every platform, but whatever.

I'm repeating again, since it's essential, look up DSFix if you get it for PC, because it fixes a billion things wrong with the PC release.

Posted

I thought pheo was avoiding this place until the PC release and was fine now gosh :sadlink:

Anyway I asked because my bro recently re-bought the game on PS3 and thought he might be interested to know for purposes of PVP (not that I have much of an idea on how coordinated PVP matches can happen in Dark Souls 1 but hey, might as well ask).