Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Russian teen commits suicide after his favorite Naruto character dies

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Whoa spoilers much.

But really this is sad and I don't think it's okay to laugh >: As it said, the kid had problems separating reality from fiction, so it's pretty tragic.

It's a massive shame that because of the way he was, and the way his mind worked, that he could be driven to actually killing himself over something like this. I really can't imagine how horrible it must be for the parents, who were clearly very worried about him already, until eventually it all came to this.

Posted

The Naruto thing almost certainly had little to no role in the boy's death. People are just looking for a scapegoat like they always do in these sorts of situations.

Posted

The Naruto thing almost certainly had little to no role in the boy's death. People are just looking for a scapegoat like they always do in these sorts of situations.

And you would know this how? Are you the boy, anyone closely related? No. You're not. So stop assuming.

Posted

That itachi guy. He died forever ago. Russia gets updates so late.

Posted

And you would know this how? Are you the boy, anyone closely related? No. You're not. So stop assuming.

I'm not assuming anything. I am asserting what I believe to be the most likely case based on common sense. You must have missed the "Almost certainly" part.

People typically don't kill themselves over things like this unless they have significant problems elsewhere in their lives or in their mental health. For one thing, it has been reported that the boy's family had been having some problems.

Posted

His father says his son struggled to separate reality from fiction

Yeah he probably killed himself because of Naruto.

Posted

Well jared, what do you think?

Posted

Welp

Posted

Going on the part that suggests he had trouble separating reality from fiction, and the fact his parents were concerned with how much he watched TV, it would make sense that he might end up being obsessed with the character, or seeing him as something like a really good friend. That's just how I see his brain working. And if one of your best friends died, and of course there wasn't much else in your life, then you'd be in a pretty bad place.

Posted

My invisible friend died when I was 12. Scarred me for life.