Rooster Teeth

141 posts in this topic

Posted

The "Ruby has a fangasm" bit was a biiiit too much, but I liked it otherwise. Good rapport between characters. I feel like Black and white have had their personalities rejiggered a bit though. Don't remember White being snobby, or black being aloof and stoic.

Posted

i think you could stomach it because this is possibly the only time anything like this can come even close to being good

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Don't remember White being snobby, or black being aloof and stoic.

Or any of them having any personalities at all?

Posted

There were snippets. Yellow acts like she acts. I seem to recall black being a sort of rookie. White seemed.... professional? I guess.

Posted

I get what you mean, yeah. All of their trailers were animated like Mounty Oum made them, which is natural because monty oum made them. That of course also meant that the girls, while there may have been some attempt at including a personality for them, well, there wasn't much there for us to go off of for their attitudes. So sure, we get to see blondie's personality, and a bit of black's, but for red and white all we can really do is go off of where they are and whats going on.

I just remembered the beginning of Red's trailer. I barely remember anything that happened and I'm not about to look into it, but I'm pretty sure she was lamenting a death. Think maybe her sister dies? Or that boy she obviously ends up with in the end?

Posted

She was killing wolves. Shrug?

Posted

both her parents are dead, i think. yellow is her adoptive sister, don't know which is adopted though

Posted

i want them to hurry and get to the part with all the fighting

Posted

Me too, but I didn't really mind this episode all that much. Essentially it was a giant forgettable pile of tropes mashed together, but it's not like Monty Oum is famous for being particularly deep or anything. This is like skullgirls, in that it's a celebration of it's genre. By which I mean, Skullgirls is a game about a bunch of scantily clad buxom babes running around kicking the shit out of each other. Normally that kind of thing is only ever used in the most shallow productions ever made and is enough to make me dismiss something right off the bat, but you can tell when you play skull girls thats not what the team had in mind at all. It's made by a studio that has fallen in love with fighting games, and just wants to make more fucking ridiculous characters in fucking ridiculous situations and have fun with it while they do ridiculous karate. What I'm trying to say is, I can't help but fall in love with something it's studio has already fallen head over heels for. With that said though, yeah, I'm getting antsy for over the top fight scenes.

Posted

you don't even know what the puppy skullgirls is about

Posted

I DO TOO YOU LIAR I JUST SAID IT WAS ABOUT SCANTILY CLAD BUXOM BABES FOR THE SAKE OF BREVITY

Posted

SG_Peacock_portrait.jpg

SG_squigly_portrait.jpg

SG_Double_portrait.jpg

SG_Painwheel_portrait.jpg

SG_DLC_BigBand.jpg

Posted

Msfortune_skullgirls.jpg

Cerebella_offical_render.jpg

Valentine_skullgirls.jpg

Parasoul_skullgirls.jpg

525286_560967183943249_2081742017_n.jpg

A VERY POPULAR TROPE, IN THE FIGHT GAME INDUSTRY, IS FOR THE FEMALE FIGHTERS TO NOT BE WEARING VERY MANY CLOTHES. YES THERE ARE CHARACTERS THAT DO NOT ADHERE DIRECTLY TO THIS RULE, BUT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT OVER HALF THE CAST FEATURES GRATUITOUS CLEAVAGE.

HOWEVER, WHERE NORMALLY IN THESE SITUATIONS A CHARACTER IS JUST AN EXCUSE FOR A GIRL TO BE RUNNING AROUND IN SOME CANONICALLY RIDICULOUS SITUATION THAT DEMANDS THEY PRACTICALLY BE IN A STATE OF UNDRESS FOR A STUPID REASON AT ALL TIMES, IN SKULL GIRLS EVEN THE CHARACTERS WHO CAN BE FANSERVICEY ARE STILL PRETTY INTERESTING. OUT OF THE ENTIRE CAST, THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES ANYONE SAY "SHE'S THE FANSERVICE CHARACTER" IS NURSE VALENTINE.

THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I LIKE SKULLGIRLS'S DESIGNS. ARE YOU BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND NOW?

Posted

Guys

This isn't the Skullgirls thread. Get out.

Also, Double doesn't count for either side. :C

Posted

As long as we can all agree that pheo is a douche