Rooster Teeth

141 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess I should catch up at some point.

Posted

By the way, RedvsBlue is still an ongoing series that I follow religiously. I don't know who's animating the fight scenes this season, but it's clearly not mounty oum, and that makes me sad because they're just not as good.

Either way though, I really love the latest episode a whole lot actually. Sometimes they do weird stuff with the show, but then they have just one episode thats just "wow what a cool episode that was." That's what Season 12 episode 11 was. Here I'll even link it to you guys because I want you to watch it: http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rvb It's really spoilery though.

Posted

I'm not entirely certain how far behind I am, but I would wager its somewhere between very and really

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

What season did you last see?

Posted

I already saw it last night. It was pretty cool

Posted

Uhhh, I think I'm somewhere past the animated fight against the meta...

Posted

You're talking about when they fought the meta in the snow? That would be the end of season 8. Seasons 9 and 10 are pretty great, I watched them back to back over christmas break and enjoyed it. Season 9 has some of my all time favorite fight scenes, in fact. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that a few times in this thread though.

Anyways, if I were you I'd just start at Season 9 episode 1 and watch from there.

Posted

I am very behind on Red Vs Blue.

By which I mean I should probably start watching Red Vs Blue.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Apparently, RVB is the longest running Sci-Fi series in American history! Of course it pales in comparison to longer running stuff like Doctor Who but you know. America!

Anyways, if you've never seen RVB, you should know that I like it so much because I'm just so gosh darned proud of it. It started out as just a humble halo fan comedy series about two armies fighting each other in a box canyon and grew so much from there. It started with low quality recording equipment by a bunch of friends and ended up getting fantastic production value with mocap and shit. Bungie ended up supporting the show so much they even added a convoluted button combination to their games (starting with Halo 2 or 3 I can't remember) to let the characters talk to each other without pointing guns at each other all the time. There's also a reference to the series in the early parts of the campaign of Halo 3, in the form of an easter egg.

In fact, for contrast and reference, here's the very first episode:

And here's season 9 episode 2:

If you couldn't tell just by watching, the series starts by just making itself up as it goes, but ends up developing a plot. But it still sort of makes itself up as it goes, and the comedy doesn't go away ever, even though it's less prevalent. You see some people who don't like what it is today as much as they do the earlier episodes, but I don't mind it. It still has a lot of laugh out loud moments, and some fantastic action sequences. It's been a lot like having a baby and watching it grow up to be awesome.

It's not like Roosterteeth has forgotten how they got successful, either. RWBY had a fan game made by some college student and the studio has officially announced they're going to make a fully fledged game out of it. I think it's really cool that they're taking good fan work and making it official stuff. I would want to hang out with the Roosterteeth cast one day. I think I'll go change the name of this thread from "Roosterteeth's RWBY" to "Roosterteeth" or something now. I just have to figure out how to do that again.

Posted

You edit the first post

Posted

Posted

So RWBY Season 2 Debuted yesterday or the day before or whatever. It features a food fight! Except, of course, it's a Monty Oum food fight, so it's, well, you know:

GJFgpab.gif

yfFIWfW.gif

w5SCllt.gif

0JpKAoI.gif

It was a pretty good episode I think.

Posted

I think its kinda weird how much people hated the blonde chicks voice. It was my favorite of the main 4

T1g likes this

Posted

People hate Yang's voice? I'm pretty sure no one on this forum hates Yang's voice, if that means anything.

Posted

Yeah. I just saw a lot of people on the interwebs that did