Rooster Teeth

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Well okay yeah you got me there about the armor part. But really, it wouldn't be hard for them to play it off like he was still alive. What about that time when they were on the freeway and he got fucked up by a sniper bullet and then shot in the neck a whole bunch and then hit by a truck and sent flying and so on? And then he was fine for the next mission after being treated? Frankly, whether he lived through falling off that cliff or not would have been entirely up to whether the writers decided he should have lived. But yeah, if they have his armor, then he's got to be dead.

Posted

WELP

XrxKCIR.png

COCO CONFIRMED FOR BEST CHARACTER

Posted

Gotta say, this was a pretty mediocre final fight. It was the final, right? Will there be more episodes?

Posted

Season finale, yep. Next is obligatory tournament arc

Also did you watch the after credits

Also Also, I will agree that the fight wasn't too interesting, but I don't really care because it was still pretty awesome.

Posted

Only watched the after credits just now. Gotta say though, I saw that coming from a mile away.

Posted

Monty Oum has passed away

Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.

VRURNaO.jpg

:(

Posted

I was literally trying to come in here and post this but this specific thread wouldn't load for me and it's probably because you were hogging it pheo

but yeah this sucks, I remember seeing Haloid and being impressed and thinking this guy was really cool for his technical skill, especially so early on in the internet's widespread use.

Posted

Ahhh man. You hate to hear someone go out that way...

Posted

:'(

Posted

I find this both extremely appropriate and extremely poor taste.

cF6NMxP.png

RIP Monty

Posted

The worst part is that we just lost the guy that made us better at CG anime than japan

Posted

Egoraptor's response:

Monty Oum was my friend and I am so fortunate to be able to say that.

Those who don’t know Monty don’t understand how hard working he was. He was superhuman in his ability. His keyboard was missing keys because his hands moved so fast, the unused keys would literally get in the way and waste his time with accidental presses. I would hear anecdote after anecdote about how dedicated he was to saving time, down to even a couple seconds.

I remember when he first pitched his idea for RWBY to me, all I could think was, “this is so ambitious, this would take forever and take so many resources to accomplish.” Then two years later, he pitched me how he was going to pull it off, and I said “wow, this is a great idea, but it’s so ambitious.”

Then I would tell him my goals, and my creative vision, and he would just tell me, “you can do it. You can pull that off, what are you afraid of? If it’s not good, whatever, at least you MADE something.” Not a single shred of doubt, just blunt but warm encouragement.

Years down the line, while he was neck deep in season 2 of his ambitious project I thought could never be pulled off, he’s greeting me with a hug and asking me about my project I told him about years ago that I haven’t even considered to start on. And he’s asking about the characters by name and moments in the story he remembered after all this time. He wasn’t just a machine obsessed with his work, he cared. He cared about me and my ideas.

So, here was a guy who didn’t want to waste any time that could be spent working. Here’s a guy who bit off way more than he could chew, and chewed it to a puppying pulp. And here he was dedicating this very specific time and space in his life for me and my ideas. It spoke volumes about the kind of guy he was, and what kind of values he had.

I feel like, when people pass, we talk a lot about what was great about them with lavish praise. The truth is, I wish I could have told him these things right to his face. I wish I could have told him how much, even in the little time we’ve spent together, that he changed my life and my outlook on work and creativity, on being a good person and a good friend. I think it’s true that most people don’t really examine that sort of thing until it’s too late, but I would give up a whole lot just to let him know how I felt about him, and then hear him say something like “that’s great to hear, but what are you wasting your time telling me this for? Get back to work!”

If you’re an artist and you’re struggling with the thought that you’re not good enough to pull off what you want, don’t wait. Just do it. Do it now. Make time for it. Nobody cares that you got 8 hours of sleep instead of 6 when you’re gone. Nobody cares that you kept up to date on your Facebook feed every day when you’re gone. What transcends you is your work and the impression you left behind. I met so many people this past weekend who wept for Monty because of what he meant to them, and every single one shared what an inspiration he was for them. He was taken way too early, but I don’t feel like he would have any regrets about the things he has or hasn’t accomplished. That was how he lived his life. He didn’t wait for the next day to get something done, and he didn’t wait until it was the right moment let someone know he cared. He just did it.

He always said that following his resolve would guarantee success, and following his resolve is exactly how I hope to honor him.

Goodbye, Monty. Love you, buddy.

0Obj4l4.png

:(

Sahaqiel and T1g like this

Posted

god dammit this man was an amazing person and the world is lessened by his lost

Posted

Gameplay looks pretty good for an alpha so far, so that's great